“Dessert ”

Scoop du Jour
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in East Hampton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Got ice cream from here a few nights while on my vacation in East Hampton.

Huge lines both nights that moved along slowly. Service is good, though.

Ice cream was good. I had coffee mud pie and smores, both tasty. CASH ONLY!

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

I would like to point out that this review is for the coffee and the donuts not for the ice cream that we didn't try.
So we stopped here because of the yummy smell coming from the door to have coffee and donuts and.... the coffee was absolutely vile and the traditional donuts were...from the previous day probably (inedible) so we trow everything on the bin and started again in a different place!!!!

ScoopDuJour, Owner at Scoop du Jour, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

We have read your review and are sorry that you feel this way. We have read your other reviews and realize that you have very specific tastes which is absolutely fine since in matters of food the only thing that matters is our personal taste. However we want to clarify that
we make thousands of donuts, in our front window, and we make them fresh throughout the day. At the end of the day we donate all of our left over donuts and baked goods to East Hampton Meals on wheels. As far as our coffee being "vile", we have been making the same
Coffee for more than 20 years, never had a complaint, nonetheless it is a matter of personal taste. We are sorry that you did not come back in the shop, we would have gladly refunded your money, we get it not every person likes everything. Again we apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Good for a scoop or Sunday but damn they are disorganized. The most rude and unfriendly group of kids work here. Very snooty, overheard them complaining about stupid customers. Where is he adult supervision here? Maybe in the Hampton's it's hard to find good help in the service industry but what a group of brats. Felt like they were doing us a favor getting us ice cream. I wouldn't buy lemonade from a stand from these kids and certainly won't coming back here. I had my two daughters with me and used this as a learning experience on how not to behave in a work environment. I would be appalled if my children behaved this way.

ScoopDuJour, Owner at Scoop du Jour, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are certainly disappointed in ourselves. While you are right in assuming
It is pretty hard to hire people for such a short season that fact does not excuse ANYONE from being rude or snooty to a customer.
In many cases this is a young employee's first job and they have yet to realize that YOU provide them with a job and a paycheck .
We have already started to firmly counsel every employee that worked on Sunday and again we apologize.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

We had the blackberry, peach and lemon ice cream scoops. They were all wonderful! This is definitely a great spot for a quick sweets stop.

We also heard great things about Dreesen's Donuts they are famous for, but sadly it was too late in the afternoon to try any. Next time!

Reviewed July 3, 2017

In all my years of coming out to the hamptons, i really try and make it a point to hit SDJ for the freshly fried donuts. they are perfection. it isnt really possible to get better donuts unless they are freshly fried - slightly crispy on the outside, warm and moist inside. i consider this my personal addiction. go early in the day to make sure they're fresh. if you're on on a low / no carb diet, this is exactly what you want to cheat with. i've heard the other food there is pretty good (sandwiches, etc)., but i am sticking to the donuts exclusively. awesome place, i hope it is around forever.