“Great Service, Great Food, Rude Hostess”

Bostwick's Chowder House
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in East Hampton
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We planned our daytrip to the Hamptons around a lunch stop at Bostwick's based on the TA reviews. We were not disappointed with the food or the table service. We enjoyed salads, but we really loved the New England clam chowder. It was hot, fresh, and full of chunky clams and potatoes in a fine creamy broth. And, for a treat, we both had soft serve swirls with chocolate sprinkles.

What could have been better? The hostess was rude to us. We asked for a table outside, but she told us we would need to wait 20 minutes for an empty table. (It is 2:30 on Monday afternoon!) She offered a high top table, but we declined due to my wife's height. She then rolled her eyes, and said she would clear a lower inside table for us. Immediately after we sat down, the next couple in the door was immediately seated. Where? OUTSIDE!

1  Thank LizardHntr

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great fresh seafood and tasty clam chowder. Nice character inside the restaurant and the outdoor eating area looked pleasant however the experience was rather spoilt for me by the use of paper plates, plastic cutlery and disposable glasses .

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The food was average at best. I had the stuffed baked clams which were too mushy. The fried fish had too much breading as well as the fried shrimp. The Manhattan clam chowder tasted like vegetable soup. I expected better in the Hamptons for what it cost.

2  Thank Tina W
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great casual restaurant with fabulous fresh fish and seafood. The lobster I had the other night was the sweetest one I've had in a long time. It is a busy place with friendly service.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had a terrific dinner here. The NE clam chowder was the best I've had al week in the Hamptons, thick, lots of clams, not loaded with potatoes. I had the fried flounder sandwich, made just perfect. My wife had a lobster sandwich and here couldn't have been better. Definitely a check it out place.

1  Thank MM5168