“Not Worth the price”

East Hampton Point Hotel
New York, N.Y.
“Not Worth the price”
Reviewed August 30, 2006

I stayed with my wife and two kids for three nights in one of the suites. The furnishings were lovely and the rooms were kept very clean. We enjoyed ourselves at the pool and the marina is certainly a pleasure. The real problem here is that at these prices, the inn needs to do a much better job with the little things. For example, checking in and finding no soap in our room, a fair of amount of litter that never gets picked up near the playground and pool, an air-conditioning system that was stopped working one night, and a malfunctioning satellite tv system that I really could have used when I was trying to pack up and keep my kids entertained for a half hour.

In all, the place is clean and nice, but it is offering boutique hotel prices with Marriott service. To me, that's just not great value and certainly not much of a good reflection as to how this rather new hotel is being maintained.

• Liked — The rooms were clean and well-furnished
  • Disliked — Too many little problems for an Inn that is billing itself as a resort
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay here if you need a place in East Hampton but don't expect a luxury experience
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
7 Thank Duckpab
EHPoint, Manager at East Hampton Point Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. Since the time of this review, East Hampton Point has continually raised its levels across the board, in everything from grounds maintenance, amenities, to accommodations. As it has been sometime since your stay at East Hampton Point we would like to welcome you and your family back to stay with us again, so that you may experience these upgrades first hand.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 2, 2005

I absolutely love the marina at the East Hampton Point. Dollar for dollar, nothing is better in all of the Hamptons. Included with overnight dockage is; van shuttles, pools, a gym, tennis court, two restaurants, a ship's store, and all of this is spread over many acres of pure resort goodness. The grounds are absolutely amazing. Besides that, the marina also features a full service boatyard that covers all areas of marine repair. My engine had transmission problems and Atrie, probably the best mechanic I have ever spoken with, promptly fixed the simple problem. Steve the Manager greeted my mechanical problem with professionalism that immediatly calmed my nerves. A weekend that could have turned out like a nightmare because of my transmission acutually turned out as one for memories. If you visit, be sure to say hello to Artie and Steve. Tell them John with the transmission says "hi".

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, we do hope you visit again soon!

East Hampton, New York
Reviewed April 16, 2005

Me and my wife visited the East Hampton Point and had a unique chance to experience more then one area of the Resort. On Friday we docked my yacht at the Marina with the help of Steve, the Marina Manager. I was unsure of my abilities in close quarter yacht handeling, and he kindly took the controls and effortlessly docked my yacht. He did all this, and was kind enough to teach me the techniques he used so I too may learn. The marina was beautiful, and everything was just right for the traveling sailor in us all. The dockhands were a tremendous help, and were available to assist in any help I needed. The East Hampton Point Marina exceeded my expectations and I plan to visit many more times.
Once the boat was tied up, my wife and I made our way up to the cottage office. We were welcomed like first class guests and the service was prompt and courteous. We stayed in the Palmer house, and it was the most beautiful place I've ever stayed. Everything was immaculate and clean, clean, clean! Everything was available, and nothing was spared. After staying at the "EHP", I never want to stay anywhere else in the area. It was a wonderful experience and I will be back asap!

• Stayed May 2005
2 Thank dpic529
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time at East Hampton Point!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 5, 2005

We stayed a East Hampton Point last summer for the first time. We stayed in the newest part of the resort at The Palmer House. This is the first time in 15 years that we have truly felt that we were on vacation in the Hamptons. The rooms were pristine. The decor was very tasteful and the marble bathrooms exquisite. We had a beautiful patio with comfortable lounge furniture that overlooked the harbor. The pool was quiet and relaxing. We took the complimentary shuttle to the beach everyday. We ate dinner at East Hampton Point and thought it was the best lobster and steak we've had in a very long time. The service was friendly and professional. We feel like we finally found what has been missing in the Hamptons--East Hampton Point has a comfortable laid back enviroment and still offers stylish comfort.

• Stayed August 2004
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you very much for your review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Hampton
#2 of 6 in Amagansett
Kenny's Tipperary Inn
Kenny's Tipperary Inn
#5 of 39 in Montauk

Been to East Hampton Point Hotel? Share your experiences!