All reviews palmer house the cottages free breakfast fell in love bagels marina wedding mile weekend loungers accommodations summer court tennis amagansett
Reviewed October 24, 2017

Even in the misty weather, my wedding at EHP was so beautiful and perfect. EHP is a place that has been close to my heart for a while now and I couldn't be happier to have hosted my wedding here. The staff was great & accommodating, the food was plentiful & delicious and of course, you can't ask for a better setting. My friends and family took over the hotel and we had a blast on the grounds! Definitely recommend EHP for weddings!!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2017

We have stayed at most of the upscale places in East Hampton over the years but East Hampton Point is tops in our view. The location on Three Mile Harbor is beautiful with great views of the boats and gorgeous sunsets. Additionally, it was very quiet because it's off the main road. Our room was immaculately clean and well appointed. To our surprise, we had a patio with two lounges, a table and chairs in addition to an umbrella. The restaurant on the premises was a major convenience with breakfast served outside weather permitting. The town is s short distance away. Special shout out to Kristin who was very helpful and accommodating. We don't want to forget Mikey who drove us to Main Beach and picked us up in the van. We met several young families as well as older people like ourselves. A return visit to East Hampton Point is definitely in our future.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2017

We have stayed at the Point twice last year once in cottage 9 and cottage 12 and a third time for memorial day weekend this weekend at cottage 8, and to say the least was very disappointed. There was a rat that was running around cottage 8 at 11:45-12:00 a.m. on our first night, Friday, May 26. The rat came out from the area of the refrigerator ran around the kitchen spooked and eventually ran to the side of the dish washer and disappeared. I called the emergency number 2x left a voice mail and never received a return call even the next morning. We came with a small dog and was worried that she was going to get bitten and get rabies. We had to plug the gap between the doors of the bedrooms and the floor so the rat would not be able to enter, we had to make sure our shoes and clothes was not accessible. WE had to re-wash all the cups, glasses, utensils that we were going to use, It was gross. The next morning as soon as the office opened at 9:00 a.m. I called and reported the incidence. I spoke to a gentleman and while I was panicking, his reaction surprised me. He was not even mildly surprised that there was a rat in our cottage and instead when I raised the concern about my little dog, offered to watch our dog for us while we had breakfast! Nice! When I came over to the office to drop my dog I spoke to Kristin, the booking/reservation person in charge and the same reaction! It was even worst bec she had a smile on her face and all she said was "we'll call an exterminator" An exterminator came and set traps under the sink - when I already told them it ran towards the dish washer. And then was told that "in the event our dog got to the poison, she had to eat about 50 of them to be fatal!!!!" I had to ask if we're not going to be compensated for this grossness at a $750 a night cottage. And her response was "we'll check with Mike and see what we can do" for 2 days the only response I got was we'll check with Mike until the day I checked out and not even a free dinner was offered, nor an offer to comp the night the rat was running around our cottage! Not once was there an offer of "how can we make it up to you" The worst customer service ever at the price you pay! Because we live in NY, one of the guys who drove us to the beach even said, "well that's really not different from the rats you see in the subway!!!!" we did not pay $750 to live in the subway for 2 nights!!!! Disgusting and worst customer service. Perhaps that's why that cottage lacks lighting downstairs, it's dark. Even the bedroom downstairs was dark . Free breakfast? was as lame as a free breakfast can get - 2 straight days, cold bagels, some kind of frittata, not so fresh bacon and pastries. Dinner at the East Hampton Point? expensive even for the Hampton standard and cuisine was nothing great. Not planning on coming back nor recommending to our friends.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank SingGirl
Kristin P, Guest Relations Manager at East Hampton Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Thanks, SingGirl, for your visit. Wow. We have never had a review like this. We do run a business surrounded by nature, the woods and water. We take pride in the quality and cleanliness of our guest quarters and grounds. We responded immediately, respectfully and despatched maintenance staff to check the cottage. We also comped a late check-out despite no request for one while other guests waited to check in until your return from the beach. We presume you had fine visits on the two previous occasions. We wish you a great summer of 2017. - Kristin P, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 5, 2016

If you head out to the Hamptons the East Hampton Point is a great place to stay. The units and the cottages are just fabulous. There is marina and a restaurant on the premises. This is just top of line accommodations.

Room Tip: The Cottages
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded September 22, 2016

Rosario, Thanks for the kind words about your stay. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope to see you on your next visit to the Hamptons.

Kristin Puckett, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

So my husband and I decided to go to East Hampton for our 21 st anniversary. We met there years ago and have never been back. We asked a good friend where to stay and she recommended East Hampton Point. It was closest to her house and she wanted to entertain us one night while we were there. We checked out the website and decided we would book it. It was a Tuesday and we were leaving on Friday. We were both able to clear our schedules after we landed a babysitter. So I booked with booking.com and went forward with our plans. An hour later I got a call from the manager of the hotel and he said that our room was no longer available and he was sorry. I was surprised and upset because I was really excited about the plan. I asked if he had any other rooms and he told me he has a 2 bedroom cottage but it was over 1000/night. I told him that was expensive and more than I needed so would he discount it. He said he couldn't and we hung up. I was upset and began another search for a room in East Hampton. When I could not find a room I called Booking.com and they advised me that the East Hampton Point has to give me the other room or find me a room comparable to what I booked with them.
The next morning booking.com called me and told me to call the hotel they could now accommodate us. When I called the east Hampton point and spoke with manager Steve again he began to scold me and told me he thought we resolved the problem. I told him I could not find another hotel and my anniversary weekend was about to be ruined. He said he still could not help me.
Very nastily told me that booking would make him pay the difference in the new room booking had found for me. I once again asked for the 2 bedroom cottage and he refused. He did find us a room at the hedges inn but expected us to pay the difference.
What a poor decision and poor service. !!!
We would up at the hedges inn and loved it. We refused to even have dinner at East Hampton point and told all our friends about this experience.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank esqdmd5
Kristin P, Guest Relations Manager at East Hampton Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

We are very distressed and confused by this review as we have never had a booking.com client turned away except when our property has been completely booked and booking.com website was in error. We always upgrade guests at no extra cost if there is availability. We have a summer intern Stephen who has worked at our front desk for the past two years and has always gotten rave reviews for his politeness but he is certainly not a manager. We regret that this is the first that management has heard of the situation and apologize for your experience.