This was one of the nicest places we've stayed at and I'd recommend it to anyone... The reason for our stay was a family retreat, and the hotel's separate sleeping facilities plus the common areas allowed for intimate privacy as well as group settings. My wife and I stayed in the Palmer House #1, and our son was in #2... We *think* there were other guests in Palmer's other quarters, but we're not really sure - THAT'S how cool this place is! Sipping coffee, watching TV sitting around our in-room push-button fireplaces was a perfect way to start our chilly mornings.
The hotel is not for everyone. If you're into a social scene and want to be walking distance to restaurants, stay somewhere else... but if you're into quiet repose and want to enjoy friends and family in an understated, elegant setting, you owe it to yourself to put East Hampton Point on your "to stay at" list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hamptons premier luxury waterfront resort. Situated on five acres, it is located minutes from the Village of East Hampton and overlooks Three Mile Harbor. A stunning setting with spectacular sunsets make it a sought after celebration venue for locals and visitors, enchanting weddings and special events from May to November. The property, opened in 1993, features a world-class seasonal restaurant, year-round deluxe accommodations and a full-service marina and boatyard. COTTAGES Thirteen deluxe cottages dot the lushly landscaped property. Like individual homes, they vary in size and layout from studio to duplex and most have private outdoor terraces and spa bathtubs. Their distinctive charm and spaciousness makes them a favorite for long-term guests, families and larger parties. SUITES At the recently renovated Palmer House, an English country-styled manor, seven suites provide the utmost in privacy and comfort with private entrance and tasteful décor. Each features a king-size bed with lush Frette linens, high definition plasma TV, free Internet access and Carerra marble bathroom. In addition, two luxurious sitting rooms extend options for more private living space or to share between connected suites THE PROPERTY The five-acre waterfront property at Three Mile Harbor includes a year-round full-service marina, private tennis court, fitness room and children's playground with seasonal marina shop and heated outdoor swimming pool. NEARBY The knowledgable concierge team can direct guests to art galleries, museums, movie theaters, spas, yoga and fitness studios, bike and kayak rentals, boat and fishing charters, horseback riding, tours of local wineries and the best beach walks this time of year. DINING The restaurant is closed after Labor Day until Spring 2017 (except for private events) however guests may be offered extended services and dining options at sister properties The 1770 House Restaurant & Inn and Cittanuova Restaurant, a 5-7 minute drive away in the Village of East Hampton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your East Hampton Point Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Hampton Point Hotel East Hampton
- Hotel East Hampton
- East Hampton Point Hotel Hamptons, NY