“Could have been great”

East Hampton Point Hotel
Incline Village, Nevada
“Could have been great”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We are well traveled and have stayed in many fine hotels and inns. I know this is "The Hamptons" but this hotel needs work. We don't mind paying high prices but expect certain amenities for the price. Guest should not have to beg for linens, hair dryers, or clean rooms. The food in the restaurant for dinner was not eatable and the service worse. All the doors were sticking and it was difficult to lock the door. We asked if there was a safe in the cottage and was told not to "worry". We stayed there 3 nights and found that one night was too much. This property has the potential to be great..... just look at the setting. I guess they need more competition. I need to share this with the local who recommended it as she had at least 5 rooms or more for her guests for the event held at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharon T

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Paris, France
Reviewed August 5, 2012

With the apparent hight standard of the place and the announced prices (48 usd per person) we expected to enjoy this sunday brunch. Apart from the omelette and the few pastries which were good, we were very disappointed about the quality of the food: overcooked pasta, heavy risotto, burned, over-salted and cold vegetables in short it wasn't very "raffiné". Moreover only the absolute basic american coffee, few choices of tea and tap water were included in the price. An orange juice or a espresso were charged extra (6$ the expresso...). Finally adding the taxes and the mandatory 20% tip it was much too expensive to tolerate dishes and cuttlery that above all were not very clean.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Leonore B
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 4, 2012

East Hampton Point is one of the most beautiful venues in the Hamptons. I had my wedding there and not only was it the most spectacular sunset I have ever seen, East Hampton Point provided exceptional wedding services! The food was fantastic and all of my guests commented on how they were wined and dined all night, and how it was some of the best wedding food they have ever had. The service was above and beyond, and they really know how to put a wedding together.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alston F
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The Staff is rude and the accommodations are fair. I think in this economy you should have a nice staff and cleaner place.

Room Tip: Not what I would expect from a quality hotel Very rude staff
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Peter D
East Patchogue, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My fiance and I escaped to East Hampton Point for a weekend in late May. We stayed in Cottage #6 which was beautifully appointed and very spacious, featuring vaulted ceilings and a large deck with a table and lounge chairs. The king-sized bed four-poster bed was incredibly comfortable, as were the oversized pillows. The skylights in the cottage filled our room with bright sunshine in the morning and having one over the shower makes you feel as though you are outdoors. The kitchenette had a fridge that was perfect for storing some beers and snacks and was stocked daily with Fiji water.

The weekend we stayed there were several other cottages occupied - though we wouldn't have known if it weren't for the cars parked outside them. Even though some of the cottages are attached units, our room felt very private and secluded. There was a wedding taking place Saturday evening but aside from the restaurant being closed, we wouldn't have known. The music wasn't overly loud and ended right at 11:00 PM. The next morning we had brunch at the restaurant which gave no indications there had been a wedding the night before. The brunch spread was impressive and the food was delicious.

While East Hampton Point is off the beaten path of East Hampton Village, it's a short drive away and in a beautiful location. The sunset from the restaurant cannot be beat anywhere in the Hamptons and the staff are as friendly as can be. We highly recommend a stay at EHP.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JRook229
Floral Park, New York
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I must start this review by saying that I have never before felt the need to write one... But I felt it necessary to do so upon leaving there. I got married at East Hampton Point last Friday and have to say it was absolute perfection! A year ago my fiancé (at the time) and I went to check it out as a friend had recommended we do so. As soon as I walked into the restaurant I knew I would be getting married there. The sailboat in the bar area, the dining room and the view were all incredible! It has the perfect nautical feel to it. Over the next year we worked with three different event coordinators and felt so comfortable with each one! In the end we worked with Michael and Kayla who were great!!! They were extremely accommodating, friendly, warm and welcoming. It was the most important day of my life up to that point and I felt very comfortable leaving it in there hands! I couldn't believe it could all be that easy! The day could not have run more smoothly! The staff were friendly and hard working. So many people commented on how attentive and great they were! they were there with what you needed before you even asked for it! The food was incredible and the chef was a really cool guy! We hung out with him for a bit the next day... I can't say enough good things about my wedding experience there! It was perfect!!! We stayed in a one bedroom cottage which was beautiful! It was a great place to get ready on wedding morning and take pictures! After three nights there and an incredible wedding I was so sad to leave. But the best part about it is we can go back every year and enjoy a weekend there for our anniversary. So if you want casual elegance, a wonderful and attentive wait staff, a beautiful setting, incredible chef, and some really nice people running your wedding day, get married here! Oh and you will surely get a great nights sleep! Beds are awesome:)

Room Tip: Loved cottage 7
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This hotel is about a 5-10 minute drive from the main area of East Hampton at Main and Newton Streets. It's located in a Marina, which was a little disconcerting at first since it was deserted when we were there just after their Peak Season, but at least it was quiet. I think we were only 1 of a couple rooms that were occupied, we never saw or heard any other guests. The hotel was nice enough to upgrade us and allowed us access to the Sitting Room that was attached to our room. I would recommend booking a sitting room if you can afford it as our room, Suite 3, was VERY small, or get one of the bigger rooms (staff said Suite 3 was their smallest). It was a really nice upgrade! Suite was clean, bed was very comfy, decorated tastefully and nice staff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
#3 of 39 in Montauk
The Hedges Inn
The Hedges Inn
#1 of 12 in East Hampton

Been to East Hampton Point Hotel? Share your experiences!