“Best Review for Thin Crust Pizza and Great Salads”
Review of Sam's Restaurant

Sam's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 71 Restaurants in East Hampton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I go to SAMs for what I consider the Best Pizza I have Eaten as compared to anywhere I have Traveled Round the World....they also have a great Selection of Wonderful Salads and dressing....in addition they have a Full Bar...top Liquor,Wines, and Beer on Tap and Bottled...
The also have a Full Italian Menu, Burgers too!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Sam's is the best restaurant in East Hampton! If you like great food and friendly service for a decent price then visit Sam's restaurant! They have a variety of Italian American foods. Some of my favorite foods are the fresh baked pizzas, the chicken milanese and the baked clams. If you're in East Hampton check it out I promise you will love it!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

There aren't many places to eat in East Hampton that make you feel like you are still in the real world, but Sam's is one of them. We wanted a low key place to eat before the movie and found this small spot. Reminded me of an old-school Italian spot that hasn't changed in years... which I'm guessing it hasn't.

We sat in a booth and got a kick out of reading the inscribings etched into the wood paneling from years ago. Our server was quick with drinks and taking our order. Food arrived quickly. I had eggplant parm which was HUGE. I find it hard to imagine one person could ever finish it, as I could barely make a dent in 1/2. Definitely a share-able item. All food ordered was good, nothing fancy, but got you fed and off to the movies.

There was definitely a crowd of locals here, with the waitstaff knowing the majority of the tables as well as a stream of people coming in for take-out pizza which we didn't try.

There is a bar area in the dining area and a small TV with sports on mute. Overall, we'd recommend it for a quick spot to grab a bite to eat.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This used to be my favorite restaurant for pizza, with the best thin crust pizza. I was very disappointed yesterday to find out that they changed their pizza, it's no longer the extra thin crust. The new pizza was ok, but if you had their pizza previously, you'll notice the difference.

I also had called for take out a couple of weeks ago, as I had family visiting, and they loved the old Sams pizza. The phone rang many times, then they picked up the phone and laid it on the counter, I hung up after 5 minutes, and tried repeatedly to call back, only to get a busy signal. It was obvious the restaurant couldn't handle the summer volume, and chose to ignore their loyal take-out customers, without even talking to someone calling in.

3  Thank kevin n
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This diner-ish restauraunt is perfect for a meal if you are looking to be a regular person (in regular clothes) in the glamourous EAST HAMPTON. As a year-rounder to EH. Sometimes you just want to go out to diner and not get all dolled up! This is the place to do that! Great food, - small glasses of wine for the price... but overall a very satsfied customer.