“Upscale, five star comfort food! Exceptional service; got my first free meal!”
Review of East Hampton Grill

East Hampton Grill
Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in East Hampton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New York City
“Upscale, five star comfort food! Exceptional service; got my first free meal!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

East Hampton Grill is first rate; this was not my first time dining, but everytime I've eaten here, I've had an exceptional meal, exceptional service, in a lively and busy environment with a fun bar scene! I was dining alone this time, and I ordered the special-Branzino, prompted by my friendly waitress, Jill. I had to leave in 30 min, and my fish came out immediately, and it was, of course, brilliant and wonderful! I was offered dessert, but instead asked for my check, and Jill said my meal had been comped, and she hoped I enjoyed dining alone this evening-what a wonderful gesture! It's never happened to me before (unless I complained about something)?!! I was shocked, and so pleasantly surprised! Not only did I have an amazing meal, but it was free! I totally recommend the French Dip, tuna tartar, and the Arctic char-everything is super yummy and delicious. Hooray East Hampton Grill, and thank you again, Jill!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank keentraveler30

Weston, Florida
“Fabulous- Enough Said!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a see and be scene restaurant, unlike others the food and service are quite excellent. While part of the chain that owns Houston's etc., this is distinctly different in a good way. Service seems to be a hallmark and was quite attentive. The room is beautiful, although the A/C had a challenge keeping up. The bar scene is out of a movie.

We ordered a shrimp cocktail and oysters as a starter and they were both incredibly large and delicious. My arctic char with asparagus was superb and my wife's end cut roast beef was outstanding. Desserts were sinful.

Reservations are mandatory!!

• Visited July 2013
NY NY
“Excellent ribs”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our dinner last night at East Hampton Grill was delicious. It is apparently owned by the same company that also owns Houston's and Palm Grill, and some of the items on the menu and décor reflect that. We had a reservation and changed the number of people in the party from 2 to 3 and were told that we would either need to change the time or sit in the bar area and take our chances, so we changed the time, arriving 45 mins earlier. We were greeted enthusiastically then proceeded to sit for 25 minutes before being asked for our order. We had the grilled artichokes and the tuna tartare for appetizers. The artichokes at $16 for 2 were a little steep but tasted delicious. We ordered ribs and crab cakes and the entrees were fantastic. The ribs were not overly sweet/seasoned and fell off the bone. The crab cakes were very meaty without overuse of filler. For dessert, we had sundaes-each had about a pint of ice cream each-and strawberry shortcake, which was delicious. The noise level in the room is high - we sat in the corner and had to yell at each other. The service was friendly--Our waiter was Jesse, a handsome guy with an ability to "sell" the selections with aplomb and an engaging personality. The other servers were warm but a little slow on the uptake in replenishing water and silverware. Toward the end of the service, it was apparent they wanted the table back--before one of us had finished, he was asked 3 times by 3 different servers within a 5 minute time frame if they could clear his plate. When we started dessert, we were given the check. We had actually contemplated taking out 2 orders of ribs to eat the following day at home and were willing to wait in the outside lounge area, but got the feeling the staff had better fish to fry so we paid and left as quickly as possible!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank PAM_from_LINY
Sag Harbor, New York
“Romantic, comfortable with great food local ingredients”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have eaten there a few times and are never disappointed. Scallops are the best and taste like the sea. Perfectly done all the time. Veggies are very crisp and salad was simple and never overdressed. The food is as it should be- seasoned to enhance, not hide.

Service is awesome with friendly smiles and a sense of humor. The staff seems happy to be there and so was I!

Very expensive but it is the hamptons so it was no surprise.

Looking forward to returning again soon.

• Visited July 2012
East Hampton, New York
“$20.00 Wedge Salad. (No bacon)”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Need I say more. It is owned by a "chain" and the ambiance reflects it. It used to be good. One positive ....No Corkage!!!

• Visited May 2013