“By Far the Best Restaurant I've Eaten at in EH, and I've Eaten at Many, Many”
Review of East Hampton Grill

East Hampton Grill
Ranked #4 of 65 Restaurants in East Hampton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hamptons, New York
“By Far the Best Restaurant I've Eaten at in EH, and I've Eaten at Many, Many”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

What can I say -- I'd give it a 9 out of 10. The food was great, the service was equal to the best I've ever experienced -- especially out there where turnover is so high. It was not as overpriced (except for the wine) as Nick and Toni's (or as snooty) or the Palm, so all in all I was very pleased with the experience. I have lived out there for about 20 years (mostly seasonally), but this is by far the best place I could recommend.

• Visited October 2012

Amagansett, New York
“Great Service-limited menu”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The problem with the East Hampton Grill is that they rarely change their menu. Since we don't eat red meat, we're extremely limited in our choices. Given that, their Waldor salad was excellent as is their rotisserie chicken. The fish of the dish was a striped bass, which was somewhat disappointing. The staff is professional, and possibly the best in the Hamptons. Pity the menu never changes.
In season, they overbook so your reservation is more like a suggestion.

• Visited March 2013
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I had a great meal here on a Saturday night in January. The place was packed and we didn't have a reservation so we waited for about 30 minutes, which really was not an issue. We started with the biscuits, which were served with butter and honey and were amazing. My wife ordered the chicken meatballs and spaghetti and I had the lobster po boy. The lobster po boy was amazing and something I would always order. One of the best and most unique sandwiches I have ever had. Can't wait to go back and have it again!

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Great place on a winter's night”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Food is consistently good, few surprises...afterall this is an upscale chain? While the menu might not be as creative or extensive as other restaurants there's always something appealing. Our go to standards are grilled artichokes (out of this world and definitely shareable) and the ribs, also easily shared. The shoestring potatoes are the best around. Our friend had the fish of the day, a lightly pan fried Montauk tilefish accompanied by large helpings of mashed potato and spinach ... he cleaned his plate as well. The place was jumping when we arrived for an 8:30 reservation ( on a Saturday night, essential) with all seats in the bar filled. We were seated with minimal wait, something that can be unusual in the Hamptons. Service is attentive.

1 Thank JZ16
New York City, New York
“Great + Extremely Popular”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The food is consistently excellent, with a range of menu choices that take advantage of local seafood and produce. Service tends to be very efficient, even during the busy season. I've eaten there several times and will go back often.

Visited October 2012