My husband and I spent our Anniversary weekend at the 1770 House. We could not have hoped for a more perfect place to stay. Our room, with a private detached bath was absolutely perfect. It was bright, cheery and warm. The bed was oh so comfy. They supply robes and slippers as well. We also had a very large flat screen TV. The bath had luxurious Molten Brown bath products.
The complimentary breakfast that is included is spectacular. You order off a menu but are not limited to how many things you may order. Everything was hot, fresh and quite tasty. It is served in the same dining room as the 1770 House Restaurant. which is beautiful.
On our first day at breakfast, the Innkeeper, Randye, introduced herself and gave us many options of things to do, including passes and literature. It filled our 2 days quite nicely. She made sure that we experienced The Hamptons to its fullest. She was the perfect host.
The Inn is in the heart of East Hampton. We are already discussing when we will be able to return. This will always be our first go to when visiting The Hamptons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming, three-story house bordered by a white picket fence embodies traditional Colonial appeal. Built in the mid 1600's, some original architecture remains, especially in the lounge, with its beautiful wood paneling and ceiling beams.Rooms vary in size and each has a sitting area, some have a fireplace.The 1770 House has two fine restaurants. The Tavern, a favorite for Hamptons locals, has a tiny bar, fireplace, famous meatloaf and other casual fare. The main dining room is more elegant and sophisticated, serving a contemporary American menu with a Wine Spectator award winning wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The 1770 House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The 1770 House Hotel East Hampton
- 1770 Hotel
- The 1770 House East Hampton, Hamptons, NY