We stayed here one weekend in March. The staff was very attentive and friendly. We needed some special arrangements due to late overseas flights etc, and they were very helpful at each turn. There is ample parking space in the back yard. The rooms are nice and cosy, fairly small of course but this is East Hampton! There are two restaurants in this beautiful building, and we ended up eating mostly in, partly perhaps due to limited offer elsewhere off-season. The lounge is very nice, and they were constantly pouring me tea or brandy, which I much appreciated given the chilly temperatures. Ah, small minus for the breakfast: artificial eggs and Fiji water, which to me is pretty bad joke. They do have free wifi, which of course one can expect in a place like this. Can strongly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming, three-story house bordered by a white picket fence embodies traditional Colonial appeal. Built in the mid 1600's, some original architecture remains, especially in the lounge, with its beautiful wood paneling and ceiling beams.Rooms vary in size and each has a sitting area, some have a fireplace.The 1770 House has two fine restaurants. The Tavern, a favorite for Hamptons locals, has a tiny bar, fireplace, famous meatloaf and other casual fare. The main dining room is more elegant and sophisticated, serving a contemporary American menu with a Wine Spectator award winning wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your The 1770 House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The 1770 House Hotel East Hampton
- 1770 Hotel
- The 1770 House East Hampton, Hamptons, NY