“Very impressed!”

Ranked #1 of 12 East Hampton B&B and Inns
Wilton, Connecticut
“Very impressed!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were very impressed with our experience at the Hedges Inn and can't wait to go back. The location was great being so close to both the beach and the shops. We loved that we were in walking distance of both. Our rooms and common areas were clean and comfortable. Ann and the staff were very accommodating and provided great recommendations of where to eat. The three course breakfast was so impressive and everything was delicious and beautifully presented. They even accommodated my daughter's selective food choices. This experience far exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Cathy R
TheHedgesInn, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
What a wonderful confirmation of The Hedges Inn outstanding location! We love that you can go out the front door and turn left for the beach and right for the Village! I would especially like to thank you for your kind words about the staff. We have an especially great team this year made up of newbies and Hedges staples and it makes for a terrific mix and we all love food so we are never short on recommendations. If we exceeded your expectations I am one happy manager. Thank you saying so!

Ann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We arrived at the Hedges Inn with our daughter. Yea, I know probably not the best idea for a baby but it was worth it given the convenience being in East Hampton! We loved the old home and the recent renovations. I felt this place was clean, well kept and not crusty like some old B&Bs. The bathrooms are white with modern tiles and clear glass shower doors. There is a nice sun porch with a large covered awning, hammock on the lawn and a gazebo. The bar has a great cocktail list and small wine offering. It has limited hours.

Breakfast was a show every morning... granola, corn muffins with honey baked into a honeycomb shape, croissants, fresh grapefruit juice and orange juice. They also offered a three course brunch in addition to the spread of typical baked goods and fruit. Every day there is a new 3 course special. Do not miss this, especially since it's the only meal they offer. They do have various snacks, candies and cookies set out in the afternoon.

I had a chance to peek at the kitchen from a distance since they do not allow guests here, which I completely understand. It was immaculate, clean and well managed.

Given that we are feeding a 4 month old, the bottle situation was very difficult without a microwave or a mini-fridge. You are not allowed to bring your own beer to put in the community fridge either. If you have medicine, you cannot keep it in the fridge. So if you have specific needs such as these, this may not be the best place for you. There is a bag drop out front and with a baby, there is a lot to carry. After being parked out there for 30 minutes, we were already reminded to move. There is a sign that reads "bag drop" and we weren't planning on abusing the privilege. Given the amount of money we paid to spend three nights here, this was a little disheartening.

The staff was very friendly. They run a very tight ship here but could stand to loosen the reigns a bit to better accommodate their guests needs..

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cmhellwig
TheHedgesInn, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
We did enjoy having you and your darling baby. As we are not a major chain or large hotel it is not the same traveling experience with wee ones as you readily admitted. I was a bit surprised by your comments since you were permitted (on a daily basis) to the inn's kitchen (unaccompanied even) to do daily sterilization of the babies bottles, plus, we did store the babies milk in the refrigerator for you! For the record I must be clear: we store ANY medications that require refrigeration, for any guest, at any time and have always done so! Like any establishment that sells beer we do not offer 'bring your own', it is actually against the state regulations of the full liquor license permit. You could have an ice cold beer, right from our little Bar None just as most people would not walk in a restaurant with their own bottle of wine or soda. As the GM I greatly appreciated your comments on the renovations, cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff, we strive to make a Hedges Inn stay memorable for all the best reasons. As the chef I most appreciated you calling The Hedges Inn breakfast a "show' - what a delightful commentary on our specialty breakfast included in every stay.

Thank you for being with us and for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I spent Memorial Day weekend at The Hedges Inn. We stayed in the Skysail Room and found it to be cozy and romantic. We had a fantastic time and everything exceeded our expectations. Our first morning, we were greeted by Jenn and Ann at breakfast and to our surprise, were offered a three course, gourmet meal in addition to the delicious buffet spread. Originally, we had planned to rent bicycles, but were pleasantly surprised to find quality, hybrid bikes, with baskets and bike locks available for our use. We returned from our bike ride and were warmly welcomed with an array of sweets and beverages. The next day, we decided to head to the beach and were provided with towels, a beach bag, and beach chairs.

We did not have a car, and found the Inn's location to be ideally situated between Main Beach and the center of town.

It's the little things, in our opinion, that make an experience what it is. The Hedges Inn team's warm and friendly personalities truly made us feel at home and sad to leave. Throughout our time in East Hampton, they had plenty of great activity and restaurant suggestions. We felt truly catered to! We are already scanning our calendars for another weekend at The Hedges Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
It is always wonderful to read how much a guest enjoyed their room, our multi course specialty breakfast, the bikes and all the beach goodies we keep on hand! You are savvy travelers and seem to soak in all the best parts of what it means to be in The Hamptons. We are definitely expecting you back! Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review, it is greatly appreciated.

Safe travels always,

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed at the Hedges Inn for business and it was lovely. The location could not be better and the inn its self is welcoming and everything you would expect from a high-end classic B&B. The inn keeper Ann is great and very funny and prepared two of the best breakfast I have had in years! The staff is warm, professional and eager to please. My room was very clean, cozy, decorated very simply and was great!

Both nights during my stay I walked to East Hampton, Main St and had dinner at the Maidstone Inn and 1770 House walked back to the Hedges Inn after one too many glasses of wine and it was effortless.

Because most people will visit the Inn in the summer one of the best parts of my stay was the AMAZING AC in my room, my comfort was a 360 experience, great bedding, different pillow styles to match my sleeping comfort and nice mattress. I am an interior designer and am very very aware of these things and it was all great!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
What a lovely synopsis of your wonderful stay! Thank you for sharing the ins and outs of our great location for all the world to see! As the chef I love a clean plate and I know you enjoyed your breakfast - makes my heart sing. I personally find the room you stayed in to be one of our coziest and I am glad as a professional you agree. We know you are in The Hampons frequently so we will keep your room ready.

Thanks so very much.

Bernardsville
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We want to let you know what a fabulous time we had at the Hedges. Ann and Jen (and staff) made our experience very special. We felt like family before we even got there and I truly enjoyed celebrating my "29th" birthday ;-)!!
I am working on my husband to drop me off at the Hedges when he goes on his Fall fishing trip to Montauk! Can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
What a joy you to were to have in the house! We especially love a guest who travels with a full moon in their bag.

Your sharing your telescope on the night of the full moon was just extra special and all the laughter and warmth you brought in with you. Please come back, we are counting on it!

Anni
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hedges Inn in East Hampton, New York for four nights over Columbus Day weekend to celebrate my birthday. Although we visited East Hampton previously, it was our first time at the Hedges Inn and it could not have been better. A bottle of wine and a card wishing me a happy birthday was left in our room upon our arrival. The Inn itself is beautifully maintained. It is perfectly situated in the Village of East Hampton, close to all of the shops and restaurants and a short walk to Main Beach. There is a large patio off of the breakfast room where you can read or relax with a cup of coffee or a cocktail. (There is a full bar inside.) Our room (the Oyster Room) was nicely decorated, very clean and extremely comfortable. Breakfast, which is included in the cost of the room, was wonderful. There is a special each day and a continental breakfast buffet, complete with pastries, fruit, freshly squeezed juice and coffee is always available. I would never stay anywhere else in East Hampton. We are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Veronica G
TheHedgesInn, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I am uncertain how this lovely review escaped a response from me for so long but all I can say now is this: "your room is ready!" We are looking forward to seeing you again this summer!

All my very best.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 11, 2013

After travelling from the other side of the globe, and having anticipated visiting the Hamptons for many years, our expectations were very high. for our family's visit to East Hampton. As soon as we entered the immaculately kept grounds of the Inn, we were impressed. The entire hotel is extremely well maintained and beautifully decorated. We were welcomed warmly by the young lady on reception, then shown to our rooms which were not only large and lovely, but had very high quality bathrooms, something we really appreciated. The rooms and bathrooms were spotless.
After a dinner in East Hampton, and a great nights sleep, we came down for breakfast. The quality of the items presented on the buffet, such as the yoghurts, berries, bakery items, and fruits, is outstanding. The dining area is very pleasant and comfortable and you can sit outside on the patio if you want to. A hot item is served as well and it changes daily. Each day the hot item was delicious and the portions generous.
The hotel has a little bar with a cool cocktail list, you can order one whenever you feel like it. We didn't get around to this - well not this stay anyway!
During our stay we met all the staff and they are all delightful, helpful with local tips and information, and genuinely warm people.
The Inn is easy to find for first timers to the area, and you can walk to the East Hampton shopping area in a couple of minutes.
We will definitely be back. Thank you to everyone at The Hedges Inn for a wonderful stay. We hope to meet you again soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Erik S
annclarke70, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Exceeding expectations is one of our "in office" catch phrases so you know your lovely review made me smile! Whether our guests come in from the City or from far off lands, as you did, we will always try to do our best. You had several choices and I appreciate that you made The Hedges your home while visiting The Hamptons because that I hope will translate to seeing you all again if you come this way again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Hampton
East Hampton House
East Hampton House
#1 of 2 in East Hampton
East Hampton Art House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Hedges Inn? Share your experiences!