“It was so special that any word describe”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hedges Inn

The Hedges Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 East Hampton B&B and Inns
“It was so special that any word describe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

The owner is a very special person that made everything to us feel comfortable and happy. The breakfast is something that need to have special attention because it was so good and well prepared . I don't have a word to express my time in The Hedges Inn. I plan to go back next year. Ana Lantelme,

• Stayed September 2013
annclarke70, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Hmmm, so many of our guests seem to think I own the inn but truth be told, I do not…I just treat it like I do! I feel like it is my home because that is the only way to convey to you that it is yours when you are with us. Regardless of those detail just know your room is ready for this coming season and don't forget to come home.

Ann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Thousand Oaks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

As someone who regularly stays at 5 Star hotels (i.e., Four Seasons, Fairmont's, Mandarin Oriental, etc.), I was hesitant about staying at a B&B; however, you don't have much of an option in The Hamptons. A friend suggested I stay at The Hedges. I just returned from a 4 day stay. Since this was my first experience at a B&B, I wasn't quite sure of what to expect. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by the owner, Ann Clarke, who is just a ray of sunshine. She has such a friendly and bubbly personality that it really made our stay that much more special. She checked us in, gave us the names of her favorite restaurants in town, and even the location of a reception that Renee' Zellweger was having that she suggested we crash. I observed Ann interact with her guests as if she had known them for years. Each morning, we were treated with a homemade gourmet breakfast, such as baked eggs caprese, scrambled egg soufflé, yogurt, cinnamon buns, scones, homemade yogurt, and of course plenty of fruit. We even had dessert following our breakfast. We were so full after breakfast our next meal wasn't until dinner. Our room was located on the third floor. It was immaculate and came with a fireplace. All toiletries were from the Aromatherapy Associates line. The only improvement I would recommend is to hire a bellman to assist with carrying luggage to and from the room. The Hedges is walking distance to Main Beach, which was rated the #1 beach in the country. I am sure you can walk to town where the stores are located, but we had a car so we drove. We also experienced other parts if the island (ie, Sag Harbor, South Hampton, Montauk) and I have to say East Hampton is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Blkdiamonds
Uh oh, you may have gotten me in trouble suggesting you crash a party! Did I say that? I'll plead the fifth…It was so much fun having another happy person in the house. I truly believe happy people carry that happiness with them no matter where they go so we are pleased you stayed with us! Coe back soon..rumor has it there are plenty more parties planned this summer…

Anni
Sergeantsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our friends were staying at The Hedges Inn and invited us to brunch during their stay. We were greeted by Ann with open arms and as if we were staying as guests as well. The food was amazing and plan to stay at the Hedges Inn on our next trip to The Hamptons!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank michaeljscottnj
When we personally invite a friend of an overnight guest to breakfast with them it's just like having more family over. Thank you for your thoughtfulness to saying so. It was great having you in the house and yes, we are wanting you to stay at The Hedges next time you are in The Hamptons!

Travel safely…always.

NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We've never been more comfortable in East Hampton and we've stayed at several of the other options in the village of EH. Ann, Carol, Courtney and staff were incredibly welcoming without being intrusive. We immediately felt like we were "home." Breakfast was a highlight each morning and we savored it! The common spaces on the main floor are very clean and modern and we were able to catch up with a friend there. Ann made him feel welcome too! The outdoor area was our favorite - eating and lounging on the covered stone patio. Our room (Seahorse) was clean, comfortable and well-appointed. The bathroom was a bit small as they can be in some of the inns in East Hampton - these buildings are quite old. Our young daughters were in heaven. Ann addressed us each by name and made our children feel welcome always. They even had a turn to "help" with the breakfast. Everyone working at the Hedges Inn was kind, helpful and discreet. As we drove out of the driveway to return to NYC, my family was asking when we're coming back. For the Hamptons in August, the Hedges Inn is a great value. It is also very close to Main Beach and the most beautiful section of homes in the Village of East Hampton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank goeuws
If a guests leaves the inn and refers to their stay as being at home in The Hamptons at The Hedges nothing could make us happier! We enjoyed having you and are especially pleased to know we will see you again this next summer! Thank you so much for being here and taking the time to write a review for us.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Ann and Carol are lovely at the Hedges, nothing was too much trouble and the rooms were very comfortable it was just like being at home! The breakfast's are a highlight very inventive and leave you enthralled as to what will be on the chalkboard the next morning when you arrive for breakfast. I have stayed several times over the last 5 years and can't think of any reason not to stay anytime I am in the area. I can't recommend The Hedges Inn enough warm, friendly and sooooo relaxing!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TheHedgesInn, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Anytime one of our well travelled guests state that they felt like home at The Hedges Inn we are so happy!
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review and I know we can look look forward to welcoming you again at The Hedges and that just makes my heart sing!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Ann, Carol and Courtney, our hosts at the Inn, are officially my new best friends! My husband and I needed a long weekend away from the city and sought out The Hedges Inn in East Hampton. Literally, from the moment we entered the Inn's doors we were greeted with nostalgia from the Inn's old world charm. But don't be confused, there is nothing stodgy about the decor. It is the perfect blend between history and striking new furniture design out of a design magazine. The downstairs sitting area had fluffy pillows, charming coffee table books, a warm fuzzy blankets. Although a TV was available we didn't want the interruption when we had a peaceful view of geese swimming in the pond and surrounding gardens. The two-room Sea Horse Suite was incredibly charming. If delightful hamlet of East Hampton was not outside the door we probably would have spent most of our day lounging in bed or sitting in the plush rocking chair while reading my Kindle. Since the room had a mini kitchen, our bottles of vino collected while visiting the local vineyards were kept at perfect temperature for pre-dinner toasts. The mornings brought a welcome treat of breakfast. Since we have access to New York City's plethora of restaurants, we consider ourselves to be food snobs. When we entered the dining lounge the first morning we were greeted with the chalk board of the fresh breakfast special. As if the breakfast special was not enough, the buffet table was overflowing with fresh fruits, pastries, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, juices and coffee. To add to the presentation, these goodies were all surrounded by fresh cut flowers from the Inn's very own garden. Within minutes from being seated Carol came over to offer the buffet table and explain the morning breakfast special. She suggested we pace ourselves and save room for what was to come. Before we could finish our first cup of coffee she presented us with the best breakfast I have ever eaten...really! (I posted images below). If I were a NY Times food critic Chef Ann Clarke would become my regular "go-to" source for recipes and restaurant reviews. I am still trying to figure out that secret ingredient in her "Salmon Brie Souffle." We are totally obsessed with the Hedges Inn and can not wait for our next trip out this fall.

Room Tip: The Sea horse Suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scissorhands11
annclarke70, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Exquisite and quintessential Hamptons, oh my, how we all liked that one! And you know what - we are so glad you said so! There isn't anything I could add to this except top say, what I always say but it is from my heart. Thank you for being with us at The Hedges, thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review for us and come back soon, your room is ready.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Going above and beyond would be an understatement for The Hedges Inn. Ann and her staff were remarkable. The Hedges Inn provides the ideal location for a two day getaway to the Hamptons. The Inn itself is absolutely gorgeous down to the relaxing music that is played. The Hedges is so well kept by the fantastic staff and team of The Hedges, Ann was absolutely gorgeous and such a breath a fresh air to see every day. If you are looking for a place to stay I highly suggest you check out The Hedges Inn. I will be back to visit again soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

East Hampton Art House Bed and Breakfast
The 1770 House
The 1770 House
#4 of 12 in East Hampton

Been to The Hedges Inn? Share your experiences!