“Home Away From Home-A Special Place”
Review of The Hedges Inn

The Hedges Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 East Hampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Hedges Inn provided an experience that did not just feel like an unforgettable "Babymoon/Anniversary Getaway" but also felt like our home away from home. Ann, Carol, and the staff were absolutely extraordinary. They each went above and beyond their roles at the Inn and exceeded our expectations. They made us each feel so welcomed and special! We are so eager to return to the Hamptons and The Hedges Inn so we can re-experience the beautiful picture perfect Hedges Inn, the amazing breakfast and specialty dish cooked by Ann, as well as, the clean, comfortable, and crisp rooms! We love the Inn and love the town... and plan to return as often as possible once our little one arrives. Thanks Hedges Inn!!! Christina and Casey

Room Tip: Ask about bed size to help determine the room you want :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
annclarke70, Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

It was a fun "Baby Moon" we could tell because you were both always smiling and such a joy to be around! We think that baby is going to be lucky with a mom and dad like you will be. Please keep us posted after the delivery! Thank you for spending time with us here at The hedges. We hope you always call us home. All my best,

Anni

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Few times does a place meet the expectations that pictures, stories, and online notes such as the one I'm writing now set. Almost never are these expectations exceeded. I'm delighted to report that my recent stay at the hedges inn far exceeded our already lofty expectations and standards!

The Inn is immaculate! Under the guidance of Ann Clark the staff is as friendly as humanly possible without being the least bit over-bearing. We stayed in the oyster room which was extremely nice. I would recommend it to anyone. Each morning the first class spread for breakfast is only surpassed by the "hot option" that Ann has decided to grace her guests with each morning. The room was wonderfully appointed and the totes provided are quite handy when walking to town or the beach.

Location is another plus as the walk to town and the beach were both less than 10 minutes. East Hampton is terrific by itself, but an East Hampton getaway while staying at the hedges is otherworldly. My wife and I have had the good fortune of extensive international travel, but never have been committed to making any stop an annual staple on our calendars until now! The hedges can count on us each year.

Thanks to the entire staff ; Ann, Carol, Courtney, Marisa and everyone not mentioned.

Looking forward to next year!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Norbert F
TheHedgesInn, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Oh, my, what wonderful satisfaction it brings to all of us at The Hedges to read a review of our efforts like yours! We take a lot of pride in what we do and we are glad it shows. Myra, our head of housekeeping is a stickler for having our rooms in tip top shape and her love for The Hedges is evident in that she can be overheard singing while she works! Personally, I am thrilled you enjoyed the breakfasts so much because that is where my own personal passion shines at the inn. Thank you for being a part of The Hedges family and we hope to welcome you back many more times in the future. Thank you of course, for taking the time to write these kind words and we wish you safe travels, always.

Ann

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Hedges for a wedding in East Hampton and could not have been more pleased!
It was a real treat- Ann, Courtney and the entire team have created a lovely home away from home. Our OYSTER ROOM was beautifully appointed and very comfortable. Our personal favorite was the three course breakfast - AMAZING in both taste and presentation. We will be back....just not soon enough!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MFG214
TheHedgesInn, Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Home away from home is exactly what we strive for here at The Hedges and nothing could make me happier than hearing we accomplished just that. Having been a part of the hospitality business for a long time I appreciate that as much as we may try to do it is ultimately great guests that make us a great place to be. Thank you for being a part of our Hedges family!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I were married at the Hedges Inn this April. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Everything was perfect. Innkeeper Ann, Courtney and Carol went above and beyond to be accommodating during our stay. We booked the gorgeous Sandcastle Room for the weekend. As per tradition, on Friday night I stayed in the room with two of my bridesmaids and Saturday night (the night of the wedding) with my husband. We felt so at home the entire weekend, no one wanted to leave. Breakfast in the morning was incredible! The wedding ceremony on the lawn of the Hedges Inn was so beautiful and exactly what we had always imagined. The reception was intimate and went seamlessly thanks to everyone at The Hedges and Fresh Flavors Catering. It was such a memorable evening and weekend and we couldn't have pictured celebrating this special day anywhere else!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JessicaMackin
TheHedgesInn, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

What a perfect bride! All of us at The Hedges are thrilled to have been a part of your wedding in some way. You were a joy to be with working through the planning process and what a gorgeous event it turned out to be. The scene of you walking through the gardens with your parents at your side while the violinist played was just so beautiful and one that will never leave me.That you took the time to write a review for us about your wedding speaks volumes for who you are. I could not be more sincere when I say it was our pleasure!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Well, I arrived in East Hampton last night at 1.30am after my flight from London was delayed. Unfortunately the hotel I was supposed to be staying in was all locked up. I therefore had to call a few other places to save me a night roaming the streets of East Hampton or sleeping in my rental car. Ann was the only person to pick up the telephone at that time of the early morning. She made me feel so welcome and rescued me even though I had got her out of bed. What a star! Not only that but she upgraded my room, offered me a drink and something to eat even though it was the middle of the night. The room was a good size, very clean and the bathroom was perfect. I will definitely recommend the Hedges Inn to anyone and will return. Thank you for all your help.

Room Tip: The Sandcastle room was great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank d m
TheHedgesInn, Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Oh, my how sweet you are to write our story! Yes, well, despite the hour, it was a pleasure having you here at The Hedges Inn. I am still going to expect you to make good on your promise to come back with your family in tow! Thank you so much for taking the time to say such lovely things about us. Safe travels. Ann

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had the opportunity of staying here on a Friday night for my friends wedding. Upon entering the Hedges, I was greeted by Anne and her staff. They gave me such a warm welcoming I felt at right at home. The property is amazing and it is a close walk to town. The next morning we went for a walk and came back to an amazing breakfast. Fresh coffee, yogurt, eggs, and pastries I couldn't get enough. This was my first time staying here, and will definitely return!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ppritty18
TheHedgesInn, Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

And we will definately look forward to your return. What a terrific beginning to the Hampton Summer of 2013! Thank you for your time in writing a review for us, thank you for being here and hurry back to us before summers end. We will have your room ready. All my best,

Ann

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Staying at The Hedges Inn was a wonderful experience. Our room was really great , both comfortable and immaculate. Our breakfast prepared by the GM was fantastic . Totally agree that this is the ONLY place to stay in the Hamptons. Will be returning very soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank BellaMare356
annclarke70, Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Here we go again! How do I thank someone for a terrific review when they come back to The Hedges Inn for another stay before I can even write a response! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful thoughts on our little inn but thank you more for proving you mean it. So nice to have you here again. All my heartfelt best. Ann

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Hampton
Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa
Mill House Inn
Mill House Inn
#1 of 11 in East Hampton

Been to The Hedges Inn? Share your experiences!