My husband and I arrived at The Hedges Inn after a long car trip, tired and tense from the heavy Friday traffic. We and several others were staying at the inn during the weekend celebration of a family wedding. The moment I stepped into the inn, I felt my tension start to melt away. Ann Clarke, the innkeeper, greeted us with genuine warmth and quickly checked us in. Our room (The Atlantic) was painted a calming (but not boring) blue-gray-green, and the furniture was an eclectic mix of modern and traditional. Attention had been given to every detail to make our stay a pleasure: plush bathrobes, luxurious toiletries, a little bag of toffee almonds, and even a beach bag with towels tucked away in a corner. We had an hour or so before the rehearsal dinner, so sat on the covered terrace, sipping on delicious drinks prepared by staff member Branden. He was also both professional and warm in his demeanor.
The next morning we enjoyed the bountiful breakfast prepared by Ann. The buffet table was a feast for the eyes as well as for the mouth, with plenteous fresh flowers, Greek yogurt in mason jars, a variety of fresh fruit, croissants and muffins. There were several kinds of juice, coffee, and hot tea. Ann also prepares a couple of inventive hot dishes each morning, and I had the baked eggs Caprese. As with the other food, it was perfectly prepared and served. During the afternoon, between wedding festivities, my husband and I again relaxed on the terrace. Ann and her staff had provided more delightful touches, such as afternoon coffee and refreshing lemon and mint-infused water and little desserts.
The wedding farewell brunch was held at the inn, and once again, Ann made sure that food, setting and service were impeccable. She loves to make special occasions even more special, and she certainly made the brunch memorable. She handled a potentially awkward situation with great tact: some guests not associated with the wedding were understandably lingering over breakfast, which ends at 10:00 AM, and the brunch was scheduled to begin at 10:00. She was able to get the guests to leave without making them feel resentful, and she and her staff quickly reset the tables for our brunch. Another staff member, Philip, assisted with the brunch with the same friendliness and competence as the rest of the staff.
The inn is historic, lovely, and immaculate, but what sets The Hedges Inn apart is the warm and sincere hospitality provided by Ann and her staff. My husband and I arrived tired and tense, and departed refreshed and happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the beautiful village pond The Hedges Inn is an East Hampton, New York landmark. Home to the famous swans that, like our special guests, return year after year. This exclusive enclave is around the corner from world-class beaches, nestled among East Hampton's legendary estates and just steps from the Village. Built in the 1800’s and recently renovated to the highest standards, The Hedges Inn strikes the perfect balance between sophisticated luxury and unpretentious seaside charm. We invite you to enjoy not just the intimacy of your rooms, but to take advantage of our entire house as if it was your own. The Hedges Inn. "Your home in the Hampton's." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Hedges Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hedges Hotel East Hampton
- Hedges Inn
- The Hedges Inn East Hampton, Hamptons, NY