“Weekly breakfast spot”

East Greenbush Diner INC
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Castleton, New York
“Weekly breakfast spot”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Enjoy our weekly breakfast out here. I especially enjoy the omlettes. The home fries are real home fries and not the thin frozen kind. I ask them to add onions. My favorite is the spinach, feta and tomato omlette. The Popeye (spinach and bacon) is also a tasty omlette) My husband tends to get two eggs over easy and mixes it up with the home fries. They keep my coffee refilled. Cannot complain. Service is swift enough for breakfast. Tried dinner a couple of times but not impressed. My husband and I rarely go anywhere else for breakfast.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Cinimax

“Good meal ”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We were on our way home and needed some lunch. We spotted this diner and there were many cars in the lot so thought we would stop in. It was very dated, but very clean. We had efficient and friendly service. The staff that we saw were all personable and welcoming . I ordered the prime rib special and baked potato. Both were perfectly cooked. The prime rib was flavorful and well seasoned. I also had a side salad that was just lettuce, cucumber and tomato. My husband ordered a Greek specialty and was pleased with it. Our daughter got the children's Mac n cheese. Truthfully I was disappointed because I thought that would be homemade, but it was boxed. Also, it was served with fries. It would have been nice to have a salad or at least a choice.

Rochester, New York
“OK, at best. But close to the NYS thruway... better than McDonalds”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I sat that their bar. Hoping to get in & out quick - back on to the NYS Thruway. SLOW service. And there (about 1PM on a Tuesday) was hardly anyone there! The food was OK. The soup was excellent. Hot, tastey, homemade, etc. The frumpy old(er) woman who served me acted like it was a chore. When I was nearly done eating, I placed my AMX Card in(her) plain site. She proceeded ( 10 - 15 min later) to scribble out a simple bill for me. I might go there again (vs McDonald's), but not if I need fast service:)

• Visited October 2013
Boston
“A good diner”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We spotted the sign on the highway and decided to try it out. It's very a short detour and well worth taking the time to visit this family-owned diner. There is a large choice on the menu, the food was good and the service was quick.

• Visited August 2013
Mass.
“Decent diner food served with a smile”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stopped by for a quick meal while traveling. Food is acceptable, nothing fabulous. Portions were large and the food arrived quickly. Diner was clean and was what we were looking for during a trip. Waitress was attentive and friendly. We would go back.

• Visited July 2013