“Good meal ”

East Greenbush Diner INC
Cuisines: American
“Good meal ”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We were on our way home and needed some lunch. We spotted this diner and there were many cars in the lot so thought we would stop in. It was very dated, but very clean. We had efficient and friendly service. The staff that we saw were all personable and welcoming . I ordered the prime rib special and baked potato. Both were perfectly cooked. The prime rib was flavorful and well seasoned. I also had a side salad that was just lettuce, cucumber and tomato. My husband ordered a Greek specialty and was pleased with it. Our daughter got the children's Mac n cheese. Truthfully I was disappointed because I thought that would be homemade, but it was boxed. Also, it was served with fries. It would have been nice to have a salad or at least a choice.

Rochester, New York
“OK, at best. But close to the NYS thruway... better than McDonalds”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I sat that their bar. Hoping to get in & out quick - back on to the NYS Thruway. SLOW service. And there (about 1PM on a Tuesday) was hardly anyone there! The food was OK. The soup was excellent. Hot, tastey, homemade, etc. The frumpy old(er) woman who served me acted like it was a chore. When I was nearly done eating, I placed my AMX Card in(her) plain site. She proceeded ( 10 - 15 min later) to scribble out a simple bill for me. I might go there again (vs McDonald's), but not if I need fast service:)

• Visited October 2013
Boston
“A good diner”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We spotted the sign on the highway and decided to try it out. It's very a short detour and well worth taking the time to visit this family-owned diner. There is a large choice on the menu, the food was good and the service was quick.

• Visited August 2013
Mass.
“Decent diner food served with a smile”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stopped by for a quick meal while traveling. Food is acceptable, nothing fabulous. Portions were large and the food arrived quickly. Diner was clean and was what we were looking for during a trip. Waitress was attentive and friendly. We would go back.

• Visited July 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stopped in to eat breakfast while my wife exercised down the street at Jazzercise. I thought breakfast was good and the cost was reasonable. Service was good too though the owner of the place kept crabbing on my server and watching her like a hawk. It is a family diner atmosphere with some outdated decor but that made it nice. Overall a good place to eat for breakfast.

• Visited May 2013