“Good Breakfast”

East Greenbush Diner INC
Cuisines: American, Greek, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stopped in to eat breakfast while my wife exercised down the street at Jazzercise. I thought breakfast was good and the cost was reasonable. Service was good too though the owner of the place kept crabbing on my server and watching her like a hawk. It is a family diner atmosphere with some outdated decor but that made it nice. Overall a good place to eat for breakfast.

• Visited May 2013

Albany, New York
“Decent diner food, midly overpriced”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The food was good - not great - exactly what you'd expect from a diner. Service was fine. Prices were steeper than we thought was warranted.

Visited April 2013
“Nice place to eat and day. Good specials.”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My sons favorite place to go as well as mine. Good food and a nice family atmosphere. price is average for a diner, but worth it. We go at least once a week.

Albany, New York
“Not good even by diner standards”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Never a good meal here, be it breakfast lunch or dinner. Rip off oj for breakfast and the large is maybe an ounce more than the small. Foods greasy and unhealthy. Never left satisfied.

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Bad food; was sick for 24 Hours afterwards”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Labor Day evening we met friends halfway in East Greenbush for a meal. Didn't expect much to be open but the Diner was. I should have been cautious when Trip Advisor rated an Ice Cream stand as the #2 best restaurant in the area. My wife was excited to see a Salmon Special on the sign outside as we pulled up. Unfortunately the sign hadn't been changed and the re was no Salmon Special. I had the Yankee Pot Roast Special on the inside chalk board. The portions were generous but the gravy was odd tasting. Others ordered baked potatoes with their meals but they ran out[ or so we were told as the food was brought to the table. Mashed was a requested substitute but later they found "one more" baked potato. Request for gravy on the side were ignored on my wife's roast turkey platter. Green beans were the canned variety. I will say the corn chowder was tasty but overall a pretty poor meal. I took half of mne home in a "doggie bag" but I've had such a bad digestive time of it the last 24 hours I don't think I'd subject my dog to what I got.

The waitress was pleasant but clearly did not want to be working. She was mis-scheduled but came in anyway to help out. This place is long past its prime.There is no enthusiasm from anyone we encountered, cashier, cook, or waitress. The bathrooms are very dated an smell. Cracker Barrel would rate 5 stars against this place.

My advice: keep driving on down the road!

• Visited September 2012