“Do not eat here!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Do not eat here!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

Save your money, and time, you will be very disappointed.

This place is not clean, and the food is the worst ever.

Server was good and friendly, not her fault the place should be closed.

Poor quality ingredients, store brand beverages, not a place to visit.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank 2travelingsoulmates

East Greenbush, New York
“i agree with the other guy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

he could have been describing our experience. i dont know how they stay in business. the place is disgustingly dirty, the windows, the floors etc, it needs a total remodel. my advice is to stay away.

• Visited June 2011
Albany, New York
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

Only tried take out Pizza and Wings. Ordered two small (see personal) pizzas with 4 toppings each and 1 order wings, total price came to about $35!!! We ordered out pizza to save money! The Pizza was ok, just a little upset that they charged 1.25 for each topping on a tiny pizza, I could understand them doing it on a large. Wings (which aren't on the menu, but we asked for them) tasted like the TGIFridays variety they sell in the supermarket, they were abysmal!

• Visited March 2011
Valatie, New York
“Worst Restaurant in East Greenbush, NY "Rose's Italiam Restuarant"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

Last night a friend of mine and myself stopped for dinner after the Met's game at this place called Rose's in Schodack/EAST GREENBUSY, NY. This place was awful!! It was so bad! I had been there before like 3 years ago and it was bad. My friend hadn't been there before and I decided to give it a try again. I now know the reason why I don't go there and why I make fun of this place every time I drive by this dump. I always joke, "Hey, want to go to Rose's? Hell no! I do a lot of dinning out and have been to many area places to eat but this, it puzzles me how they can stay in business????

Clue number 1 is was bad, we were the only ones there, granted it was 8. p.m. on a Thursday. The decor was ugly and dust was inches thick on windows and shades. The tables were these ugly butcher block, come on put some table clothes on to hide the ugliness. The legs on the tables were rusty! It just felt dirty and there wasn't anything Italian about it.

Ok, so we order our food. We got our salads. Could you spare the lettuce?? It was like 5 pieces of leafy greens with carrots. It was warm and nasty.I think Sue ate the cucumber. It was like getting rabbit food, well I don't even think they would eat it.

The bread was homemade, the only thing was I wasn't sure when it was home made, a day ago?? Yeah.. warm microwaved bread! I put butter on it and the bread just tore apart.

We ordered chicken parm. It was the worst chicken parm I have ever had! Sue didn't even want to doggie bag it for her own dog! The cheese was ok. The spaghetti was passable. The chicken, if it was chicken was tough and dry. I don't think it was pounded down like you should when you make chicken parm. It was like chicken you would get at a really bad taco place and used in really bad tacos. It probably was microwaved and baked. I didn't see any breading, just a piece of chicken covered with sauce and cheese. We didn't even eat it. I took like two bites and was like, nasty!! It had no taste! I wanted to say something but the waitress never came around. I hope when she took the plates away she noticed we didn't eat hardly any of it. The sad part was the chicken parm was like 13.95 for crap!

The presentation: a small casserole dish with the chicken and a small plate of Spaghetti . Here you go! Do smiles come with that??

The service: It was really bad and we were the only people there!!!!!!!!!!!! She never even asked how our food was, never asked for refills. When she came over we had to tell her we needed refills as she looked at our empty glasses. We did everything to get her attention. She was so engrossed in the newspaper. I mean, you had all day to read the paper!! Why do you have to read it know when you have customers. I doubt it was that busy before we go there.

We did everything to get her attention: We waved, we were like hey! We did moorse code with are glasses, tap, tap, we need drinks!! We pretended to be choking,( well I was laughing), nothing, no reactions! Just kept on reading the paper!! Sue was like, "I guess Garfield was really good today". It was really bad when we had tap and bang our glasses to get refills!! Service please!!

The food was awful, the place was dumpy, the service, was almost help yourself. I wonder if we had left she would have noticed. Hope she liked her tip at the end!

It was a great laugh and the experience, priceless. I will never go back to this hole. If you are in the East Greenbush area, I would try Friendly's for a safe meal or Panera Breadl. I would recommend Scarnato's in Castleton or Jimmy Casey's just up the road in Renselear, NY for some Italian. There is Mercato's as well, about 2 miles from Rose's that might be better in Schodack., NY.

Again, I am not sure how Rose's in Schodack, NY/East Greenbush stays in business, but this place sucks the big one!!!

2 Thank jjohnson76
East Greenbush, New York (USA)
“Old Faithful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2009

My wife and I have been dining at Roses for almost 40 years. This is affordable, great Italian family fare in a relaxed atmosphere. I have had everything on the menue (Many times) and have never been disappointed. Also, you should try the pizza...it's out of this world.

1 Thank N2NEH