“Excellent value”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in East Greenbush
New York City, New York
“Excellent value”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Heading to the Berkshires, decided to stay here on the way. Excellent service, clean/new hotel, terrific staff. Only advice would be to find a way to correct the GPS directions from getting off the highway: they tell you to take a left, but the entrance is on the right. It wouldn't hurt to have a sign or two clarifying the entranceway, either - right now the first thing you see is a one-way sign for a credit union - it can take a minute for those unfamiliar to find their way. All in all, I'd stay here again - excellent all-around value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Lynnfield, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn due to a wedding in the area. It happened to be a night during the Bruins Stanley Cup FINALS and the hotel did not carry the station broadcasting the game. The manager and his assistant went above and beyond the call of duty. He found the game on his lap top, then worked diligently until his lap top could be hooked up to the main flat screen TV In the lobby. There were over 40 happy people watching the game together in the main lobby and he served us popcorn from an old fashioned circus type...popcorn cart. The hotel was clean, and the beds comfy.....but the staff was more than what we expected.

1 Thank Debbie L
Hudson, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 18, 2013

When I first arrived I was welcomed (as we are at most hotels). I mentioned we were there as a team of 17yr old girls basketball and parents and that we had to leave the hotel at 6:45 am the next morning for a game ~ got up and was getting a coffee at 6:30 and a very nice worker told me that breakfast was ready now if we wanted to get the team down before they had to go. That night we wanted to watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs in the lobby as a team. at 6:25pm (game starts at 8) I watched the desk host on hold with the hotels TV provider asking to upgrade his service so they could get NBS Sports network as that is where the game was being played ~ and calling some of his connections to find out how he could stream it from his personal lap top and connect it with a cable to the tv in the lobby....all so we can watch the Bruins play (he had no interest in the game other than ours). With every step I took in this hotel I was welcomed by EVERY single member of the team that was there to make our stay the best. The only other time I stayed at a hotel that was this kind and willing to go that extra 5 miles to make sure we were comfortable and happy was down in Georgia.....and I thought they were the nicest until I stayed this weekend. The pool area was amazing with a wheel chair ramp and even a handicap accessible chair to lower you in (we didn't need it but it's nice to see how conscientious they are to everyone's needs. There was also a bbq grill and anyone can use it. Could not believe for the price we paid I felt like I was in a country club hotel but this is how they treated everyone. If you are in the area and looking for a perfectly quiet happy clean outgoing hotel this is a definite book mark.

Room Tip: first and third floors have the ice so if you are adding ice daily you will want a room on these flo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cassandra P
Rochester, New York
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at the hotel overnight on our way from Rochester, NY to Nashua, NH. We were exhausted and were not ready for the poor attitude we got when we walked in. We went to our room and the wall heating and cooling unit was not on and it was 60 in the room. When we turned it on the fan was extremey loud and when the heat kicked in it was even louder. we kept it on for about 2 hours and had to turn it off to get any sleep. We got up early as sleep was impossible and went down for a continental breakfast which was much more than that we expected and quite good and the man running it was pleasant. As we dropped off our room card the lady still was not very friendly. I actually was very shocked as I am a Marriotts Reward Card holder and never have had a bad experience before. We prepaid which we will never do again and I will never stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Wall heating unit was a extemely loud especially when the heat kicked in and it was not turned on un...
2 Thank Nelson P
csampone, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

My name is Chris Sampone and I am the General Manager of the Fairfield Inn Albany-East Greenbush. I am writing this in follow up to the feed back you provided regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not a pleasant one. I want to thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns, since it is concerns like yours that help us to continue to aim at raising the bar at our establishment.

As the General Manager of this property, it is always disconcerting for me to hear when a guest leaves displeased. I can certainly understand how frustrating it must have been for you to experience problems with your heating and air conditioner unit.

I have to admit, I was surprised to hear that you received such poor service upon both check-in and check-out, since the one thing we pride ourselves on at the Fairfield Inn in East Greenbush is our outstanding guest services. We typically receive so many compliments on how friendly and accommodating our staff is and it is really upsetting for me to hear that you did not receive this level of outstanding service while staying with us.

I would really like to opportunity to speak to you in person regarding this matter and would encourage you to contact me at a time that is convenient for you. I have outlined my contact information below for you.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and will look forward to speaking with you soon.

Christopher Sampone
Fairfield Inn - Albany East Greenbush
124 Troy Road
East Greenbush, NY 12061
Phone: 518-477-7984 ext. 178
Fax: 518-477-2382
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here because of proximity to HVCC. Incredibly friendly staff and attentive service. Quick check in and check out. Free wifi throughout hotel and free computer with printer in lobby. Decent breakfast in well-lit dining area. Coffee and tea service all day in lobby. My room was quiet even though on first floor. Comfortable king bed with plenty of pillows. Only wish the lighting was better at bath vanity.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Vic_Ithaca
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Spouse, adult son, and I were finishing some touring of historic spots in Vermont and upper NY State. This property is conveniently located just off highway. Hotel is very clean and quiet. Apart from our trio, most guests seem to be single businessmen. Front desk person gave us good suggestions for dinner at nearby restos. There is a Cracker Barrel next door, but we prefer to patronize local establishments (see separate review of Chez Mike.)

Water was hot, beds were comfortable. Breakfast was usual Fairfield Inn fare: not my fave, as it is mostly carbs. No complaints.

mike's

Room Tip: No suites at this property. Room chart in room seems to indicate that rooms are same size.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mbeth1403
Coxsackie, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were looking for a little retreat and we found it. The hotel was very clean and the staff was outstanding. Michael the Manager was very friendly!!! Loved chatting with him. Breakfast was great and the gentleman who worked the breakfast bar was great and very accommodating. I would stay here again. We so enjoyed our stay-oh and the pool sparkling clear-loved it!! All and all this was an excellent stay. Looking forward to our next retreat at this great hotel!!!

2 Thank Suzanne6161
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Greenbush
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Gr...
#1 of 2 in Castleton On Hudson
Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush? Share your experiences!