“Always very good and consistent”
Review of Chez Mike

Chez Mike
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Near Albany
East Greenbush, New York, United States
“Always very good and consistent”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is our go-to restaurant in the capital district. The menu is varied and changes with the seasons. The best liver dish in the area is served here as well as the best lamb burger. The duck and chicken dishes are always good and the short ribs are great. Service is friendly and the whole ambiance is laid-back and belies how good the food really is.

• Visited February 2014

Albany, New York
“Best restaurant in East Green bush”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Never had a bad meal here. The service is excellent. It's the only place I'll go in East Green bush when I go out to dinner. It's also nice that the menu is charged seasonally.

• Visited August 2013
Albany
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We really had high hopes for Chez Mike after reading several positive reviews and the fact that East Greenbush is dying for a half way decent restaurant that is not a chain. The most positive thing that I can say is that the service was excellent and we really took away the feeling that they really tried to meet our needs. I will admit that we aren't too adventurous when it comes to food, but we are very willing to try new/different dishes and give them a fair review. We started with appetizers - Butternut Squash soup - delicious, but not very hot and a special scallop dish - which was average - nothing to rave about. For dinner we ordered Short Ribs and New England Style Seafood Chowder. The Short Ribs were burned and the chowder - while tasty - was also not hot - barely lukewarm. We did complain finally about the ribs, but felt guilty about complaining about anything else. The waitress was very understanding and apologetic. They took the ribs off the bill and gave us a whole new order to bring home - which is unheard of and very very generous. I was really disappointed that we just didn't like the food because we loved the staff. We ate the short ribs a couple of days later and hate to say that they were really fatty. I would love to go back, but for the prices of this place I don't think we will. They were and always seem to be very busy so maybe its just not our type of place - I wish it was : (

Stony Brook, New York
“Back again at Chez Mike's Restaurant - better than ever!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Last summer we experienced Chez Mike's and completely flipped out. We were back in Albany and couldn't wait to visit Chez Mike's again and it was outrageous! Our server Courtney gave us great advice. The food was melt in your mouth good - a perfect blend of flavors. Try it!

Ravena, New York, United States
“It's almost good enough to say it's good.”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Ok. I read the reviews prior to dining here and perhaps I was expecting too much. Service was attentive and pleasant but the food simply fell short. Prices were a bit high I thought but I figured since the reviews were 4 and 5 stars, the quality would win out. Not so much. My Friends and I ordered the salad special that evening priced at $9. It was plated on a small salad plate and I was surprised how little salad there was on the plate. Although I can't recall all of the ingredients, there was nothing other than goat cheese that could have possibly demanded a $9 price tag. Food was average at best, WAY over priced. I wouldn't go back.