“Surprisingly good!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Near Albany
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Love this little restaurant that is hidden in a strip mall. The daily specials always are well crafted.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Due to the many outstanding reviews of Chez Mike we were not about to be put off by the strip mall location. What put us off instead was first, the cold, which we were promised would be fixed but was not, and second the long, long time it took for someone to wait on us. After that, an appetizer order that did not appear was also discouraging, as was a very,very tiny piece of artic char for quite a bit of money. But the wahoo special was excellent, the veal stew quite good, and the lamb/feta burger just fine. I think it's all in knowing what to order in terms of the food, and the cold temperature and slow early service were probably just flukes. It's a nice enough place to eat.

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I've visited this little spot a few times now. Each time, the place fills up but the service remains friendly and capable. A few appetizers and soups I've sampled have lacked depth and even seasoning. But when I took the waitpersons recommendations, was not disappointed. A grilled romaine salad with bacon and blue cheese, amazing. And on repeated visits, the brick chicken was crispy, juicy and sits in a sweet, complimentary jus. More than that, it was consistently prepared. I'll be back for sure. This area needed a place like this, where options have been limited.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This great little restaurant is in a strip mall with a very unassuming facade that you might miss. But don't. This place is a gem. Terrific food, terrific service, and a great place to go with friends. We have eaten there a number of times, but I am only giving it four stars because the wait for our entrees was entirely too long last night and because I ordered the evening special of grouper, and it was entirely overcooked and dried out. Everyone else at our table had different meals and raved about them, and last night was my first slightly negative experience there. Definitely worth checking out!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We found Chez Mike while in Albany on business, The place is small and simple but the food is extraordinary. The menu is somewhat limited but each item is well prepared and carefully served. The servers work well together and you feel appreciated as well as well fed. We have recommended this place to others who are at the same meetings but some are put off when they have to leave downtown Albany to go to this strip mall. I promise - it is worth the small effort to go.