“Great service, food and support fo my company event!”

Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed December 12, 2009

My company only uses Marriott hotels for our monthly 3 day training events held around the United States. My stay at this hotel near the airport solidifies my resolve to stick with Marriotts for our events.

It is very close to the airport, less than a 5 minute ride, and you could walk if you absolutely had to. It is very easy to get to Central Park from the hotel- take the Q48 bus across the street to the Flushing Station. Take the number 7 express all the way in. Easy as pie!

I cannot compliment the staff of this hotel enough- everyone from the shipping, hospitality, and front desk were very accommodating, professional and courteous. I will be traveling to this location again for another event and will definitely use this hotel.

The restaurant onsite is delicious and the bar adequately stocked.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport

Reviewed November 23, 2009

I reserved a block of rooms at this Courtyard for a large birthday party off-site. I reserved a suite for my weekend stay and my other guests reserved regular rooms. The staff was remarkable, from Wynona, the group sales agent who helped me reserve the block to the bellman who helped me with my luggage and the many boxes I had to the parking lot attendant who honored the parking agreement for me and my guests, depsite the fact that we misplaced our parking tickets and it was almost 2am after the night of my party. The front desk staff put up with my millions of questions on the closest subway station, even pulling out the map and not stopping until they were satisified I had my answer. The hotel's location is great and once you're inside the room, there was no roar of the planes at all. The free wi-fi and connected internet were so convenient and a great amenity for business travelers. The bed, as always is, in a Marriott, was big and comfortable.

My only issues with this hotel were room issues and I will list them below:
-upon entering my suite, 2 bulbs were out over the meeting area, however I called housekeeping and someone came right up and fixed it
-There was only one roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. We ran out of toilet paper while I had guests but again, I called down to housekeeping and someone was up within 15 minutes
-The 2 fridges in the room were not cold at first, but again another call down to the front desk and it was taken care of. However, the fridge in the bedroom was turned up so high, it started rattling and humming during the night, so I was unable to sleep comfortably until I got up and just turned it off and risked my food spoiling
-My parents checked in and were given a key to a room that was already occupied. Upon entering the room, and seeing an unmade bed and someone's suitcase, they had to go back downstairs and get another room.
-The temperature controls in the room were difficult to get a "happy medium". Because it's tempearture controlled, even if you adjust the temp, it will not change untl it feels the room needs it. Subsequently, I wound up too hot or too cold. Thankfully, there was a fresh air pull up in the bedroom that I opened to cool it off.
-Limited channels on the TV menu, beautiful LCD TVs, but the picture was not clear at all
-The bathroom was rather small, especially since I was booked in a suite. If you turned around at the sink, you were right at the opposite wall. The handle on the toilet was all the down on the side of the toilet, so you would have to lean all the way over and flush, which in my opinion, is quite unsanitary and unsightly, given that you just used the toilet obviously. The flush was not a powerful one and at times, I worried it was broken or wouldn't flush at all. But that didn't happen, it's just slow and has a weird flushing system

All in all, thanks to the graciousness and kind words from ALL staff that helped me from beginning to end, I enjoyed my stay. Due to the proximity of the hotel to the venue where my party was, it was convenient and perfect and served the purpose of a relaxing environment.

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed November 21, 2009

I contacted the hotel by email while in Peru. I expected to get a preprogrammed response. Instead the general manager of the hotel,Richard Murphey, contacted me almost immediately. He was very helpful. He told me how to get to hotel, even to point of giving directions to share with taxi driver. My family was ending a two week trip with an overnight flight from Peru. We arrived in NY at 7:30 am. The GM, Mr. Murphey, told me he'd see if we could get in our rooms as early as possible. When we arrived at about 9:00 am "Frank" was on the desk. He was extremely friendly and what is more, we were in our rooms within 15 minutes. Can't say enough about this hotel. Great experience.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I stay frequently at this hotel and hesitate to write a positive review simply because I don't want them to fill up when I'm trying to book a room.

The staff at this hotel are genuine, professional and always make me feel welcome. They can't seem to do enough to ensure my stay is pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Stayed at the courtyard laguardia this weekend on a visit to see my daughter at Pratt Institute, the location of the hotel was only 8 miles away and even with some traffic it didn't take long, the hotel was very clean and the rooms were great, even being right next to the airport it was very quiet. Breakfast was very good. After a long day at the Natural History museum, it was great to come back to the room and get a good nights sleep on their comfy beds. I will definately stay there again!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank jchris9518
Reviewed October 2, 2009

This would be a good Courtyard, but for several real issues: When getting off the elevator on the 2nd floor we were assaulted by strong perfume/deodorizer odors. When we got into our room - 211 - the deodorized there was overwhelming and there is no window to open, so we had to live with it. Next major complaint: couldn't get the a/c down below 73, even though we set it at the lowest (54 believe it or not). They give you a heavy comforter and no a/c - go figure. Next was the shower, which in a tub which had such a narrow bottom that we were afraid of falling. The room itself was attractive, but these details made it terrible. Marriott has got to do something about these heavy deodorant sprays! We had same problem at JFK Courtyard.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mdmjrs
Reviewed September 29, 2009

From the moment we arrived, the staff was rude and unwilling to help. While waiting for the staff to work out paperwork, we grabbed a quick drink and app at the restaurant/bar and the prices were absolutely ridiculous. Then, the lady at the front desk lied to us about numerous issues, and when her lies were undiscovered she became very defensive and aggressive. We were unimpressed with the hotel itself, the elevator took forever to use, the hotel smelled bad, and the hotel was loud! We arranged for a cab from the hotel and were extremely overpriced ($45 for one way trip only 15 minutes away, and $12 for a one mile ride!). Parking was also expensive. Overall F!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Elmhurst
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing

Been to Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!