“Never again Marriott!”

Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

As frequent hotel stayers we have noticed a trend among Marriott hotels: no air conditioning! When we called the front desk to ask why we couldn't seem to cool our hot and stuffy room they sent an engineer. He told us there is no more air conditioning only heat and offered to open the window. The noise from the highway and runway was so overwhelming we could not hear the tv or barely each other and the room quickly filled with fumes from the runway. We had to call the engineer back to close the window and had a sleepless night in a too warm airless room. The front desk people at this location are always very nice, nevertheless we won't be back!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Neil H
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Your feedback is welcomed, however it is disappointing your stay was not as you had anticipated. Once the temperatures outside begins to cool, the air conditioning system is shut down and the heat is turned on. We are very sorry that the temperature in your room was not optimal for you and we truly regret the impact it had on your night’s rest. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you to discuss your experience further. You can contact me directly by calling 718-446-4800 and asking for Mark Ranieri. Thank you.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was in 3 hotels in one week from lower Manhattan to Courtyard to Marquis. This is a nice place to relax until my next tourist trap (Time Square). I was on airport side and thought I wouldn't get any rest because of the planes, but it really was pretty quiet. Bed was the best one. Very clean. Desk personnel were nice, but the men that handled the ride in front were just awesome. Soooo nice & helpful. I got on the wrong bus coming back at night. I didn't know where I was, in pain, & scared. I called the hotel and they got a car to me very quick. Thank you so much. I was a little confused on where they actually wanted you to sit for meals & not drinks,

Room Tip: Don't worry much about the noise. I had no problem on airport side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport. It is always our desire to provide our guests with comfortable accommodations and exceptional service to ensure their stay with us is great. We were thrilled to hear that our associates took such good care of you and got you back to the hotel after your adventures. We hope that the next time you are visiting the area you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Close to NYC, right next to La Guardia airport. Room is comfortable with ample living space and nicely decorated. Unfortunately parking is not included and neighbourhood did not feel the safest. We got super service from the restaurant staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport for your recent stay in the area. We are delighted that our location, rooms, and hotel staff were all enjoyed during your time here. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This Courtyard has undergone major renovation the last couple years. New lobby and new room furnishings. Very close to airport and van service is every 15 minutes. A small restaurant and bar that serves good food w/TVs to watch sports but does not offer room service.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport. We truly appreciate your review and are glad that you enjoyed our hotel’s location, our complimentary shuttle service and our onsite restaurant, the Big Apple Bar & Grille. The next time you are visiting the area we hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

From check in to boarding the free shuttle to the airport, this place was all good. The staff was pleasant, the room was spacious, the bar was happening - with many TV's on to keep up with the latest sports. There were many areas around the lobby for relaxing, getting online, etc. As airport hotels go, I'd stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport and for sharing your comments with us. We’re delighted that our staff, rooms, and amenities were all enjoyed by you. Our hotel does offer complimentary 24-hour shuttle service to and from LaGuardia Airport for our guests convenience; we are glad you found this service to be beneficial. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Having traveled for years, I was hesitant to book a hotel near a busy airport. But having a late night arrival and early morning departure, I wanted someplace close. This place was tremendous. We never heard one airplane all night. The rooms are very acceptable and the staff was very friendly. With the new decor, we could not have asked for a nicer place to get a night's rest.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

What a lovely review, thank you. We are thrilled that you had a restful night’s stay at the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport and found our associates to be so friendly. It is always wonderful to hear from our guests and learn what a great experience they had. We hope the next time you are in the area you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

To be honest, the front desk staff were welcoming and friendly. Thanked me for being a gold member. But despite the updated lobby, the room were tired and worn (peeling wallpaper etc). As the Courtyard does not offer room service, I went down to the restaurant to order a salad. I did not order it "to go" because I don't care for my dinner to be eaten out of styrofoam (when I order it from the same hotel I'm staying in).
The bartender said he could not allow me to take the salad 'plate' to the room, hotel policy.... Really?
I think rather than argue with me, he said, "do what ever you want". Really again? I had already left him a 20% tip.
I am Diamond Hilton member and wanted to stay at more Marriott hotels, but was disappointed at this hotel. So review: Average, at best.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Although you have expressed an appreciation for our front desk staff, it was disappointing to learn that overall your stay was not as you had anticipated. We apologize for your experience but we are grateful for your feedback. Thank you for letting us know about your concerns; we hope to welcome you back one day for a stay that exceeds your expectations.