“Business Trip”

New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed October 8, 2008

I was there on a business trip. Nice furnishings. Same menu every nite. Bed and tv was great. Was there several times.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed October 5, 2008

After intense research chose this hotel for my stay during visit of Pope Benedict XVI and sightseeing as it was my 1st trip across the country to NYC. I was nervous and uncertain as to what the trip would entail and due to my total lack of experience in the area.

Firstly, the hotel was extremely cordial with giving me a special rate due to this historic event once I asked them to do so - they were very accomodating, giving a fantastic price for New York. Was out of the hubbub of the city proper - instantaneous driver service whenever I wanted to rent cars/drivers for several hours' rate at a time. It was worth it to me to get driven around with the crowdedness of the city during the Papal visit and had many sights I'd planned to see from Brooklyn to Bronx, downtown NY - drivers had MUCH helpful advice and got us to all the destinations we dreamed of seeing.
The hotel met every need swiftly and we felt so welcome - totally professional staff and relaxing in all aspects. Restaurants not cheap but excellent and comfortable, room extremely comfortable and clean; wonderful view of bridge and absolutely soundproof tho so close to airport. Exciting seeing planes / bridge in the distance at night from the window, and yet no noise.
Well appointed rooms, superb toiletries, all questions swiftly answered and able to give assistance with local advice on NYC.
The staff totally cared about us - went out of their way to take an interest in us and what we might enjoy in New York.
When staff was called upon to do something, i.e. rate considerations, I was able to get what I needed; and now that I've returned home I find we are so homesick for the hotel & its extremely friendly staff & this incredible city.

Able to get to the airport in minutes - hotel service was so prompt at pickup and scheduling. All the amenities and flexibility here eased my concerns of visiting what I thought would be an overwhelming city and a trip full of hassles, but it was so worth the money to do it the way we did - the advantage of staying at the beautiful Marriott LaGuardia totally enhanced the visit and made it positively unforgettable!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank chechina
Reviewed October 4, 2008

This is a business hotel across the highway from LGA airport. Location is its best feature. While it looks old from the outside, its completely redone on the inside. Rooms have the good marriott bedding and toiletries. Room service was reasonably priced and good (again the usual Marriott high standards). Shuttle is a 3 minute ride from the airport. The hotel is close burtthe runways are on the other side of the terminals so there's really no aircraft noise. the only part of the hotel not madeover was the pool. It' clean and comfortable but clearly dated. This location is bad for folks wanting to tour Manhattan daily but great for access to the airport or starting a trip out to Long Island.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank WaupacaTraveller
Reviewed September 16, 2008

We preshipped our luggage and when we checked in we were informed that it was in Security and they would bring it to our room. When we arrived to our room it was picture perfect just as the photos showed. The bedding was so soft and cozy.
When we checked out we left our luggage at the front counter with an RA (Return Authorization from UPS). I checked the website and our luggage was shipped as promised. I will always stay at this hotel next time I visit NY. We are very picky and I don't have one negative thing to say. It was overall a great experience.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank KJJDooney
Reviewed September 13, 2008

It was a dark and stormy night- really. I selected the Marriott LaGuardia for a quick overnight before my 6 AM Saturday flight. It was pouring rain Friday at 5 PM and there were no taxis to be had from Manhattan, so I arrived in a stretch limo after negotiating a somewhat expensive deal with a driver who didn’t have any other prospects for business.

My room was fine, with the usual amenities. The pool was a more generous size than many city hotels, was a comfortable temperature and had enough chlorine to keep it clean but not enough to asphyxiate its occupants. I had hoped to order something from Room Service for dinner, but the menu was pretty limited so I ate in the restaurant (Steinway) instead. There was a bar as well, but it was crowded and so noisy I could still hear them when I was in the restaurant. My dinner was fine and the servers were friendly.

The hotel is billed as being “across the street from LaGuardia” and it is, but it’s unfortunately not walkable. LaGuardia is big and spread-out and not particularly pedestrian-friendly. I arrived downstairs at 4:15 AM for the 4:30 shuttle and the lone guy at the shuttle desk said, “I can take you over there now”. Sure enough, I climbed in and we arrived so quickly I had to wait for the security lines to open at 4:30 AM.

I can’t say much about alternatives to the hotel restaurant in the neighborhood- I was just happy to be inside after standing out in the rain for half an hour trying to flag down a taxi, so I didn’t explore the area.

The Marriot was a little pricey but a great option if you have an early flight out of LaGuardia. It’s a popular location for fans during Yankees games, too!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank AThena53
Reviewed August 30, 2008

We booked this hotel online based on location, amenities and price. We wanted a hotel close to the airport and close to transportation to travel into Manhattan everyday, and Yankees stadium. The price was reasonable for this area and comparable to others close to the airport (with the exception of the Crowne Plaza which was much more expensive for the days we were there). There was a bus stop right across the street with connection to the subway. It was very convenient. We purchased Metro day passes for $7.50. Our one issue was that the passes were sold out at the hotel gift shop on 2/3 days that we were there. Recommend that you get there early in the morning or purchase them ahead of time. We had to purchase them from the Crowne Plaza Hotel across the street. The room was very nice and spacious. We had four adults (my husband and 2 older children,19 and 22) stay in one room with 2 double beds. We didn't spend much time in the room anyway. Three of us had a good meal in the bar and used the pool area and fitness room. They had a variety of equipment available. The staff was all very helpful and friendly. We were able to use the shuttle service to take us to a local restaurant that was recommended to us by the staff attendent at the pool. I left an article on the shuttle bus on our return to the airport and after one phone call it was sent to my home in a very timely manner.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2008

We stayed at the Marriott LaGuardia the night before an early morning flight. The hotel is beautiful and well-appointed. Travelers can print their boarding passes in the hotel's lobby. The hotel has two restaurants for diners. We ate at the casual restaurant and had a very good meal. Additionally, the hotel has a gym for guests. We would recommend this hotel to other visitors.

Stayed: July 2008