“Nice and close, very friendly staff”

New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed here upon a transition from JFK to Colorado and had special requirements for our room due to allergies. The concierge communicated with me via email and everything was very attentive. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again. My only disappointment was in the ventilation system, it pumped out heat and we were not able to change it to a lower setting so it was pretty hot and we couldn't sleep well as a result.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl E
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Good Day,

Thanks for staying here at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. We’re glad you experienced our caring service and great hotel amenities. I apologize for the challenges your expereinced with the heating system. I hope you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back, please email me when you are returning to the area.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I recently parked at the Mariott Hotel for Long Term parking. I flew into LGA during a really bad snowstorm. I clearly was not dressed for the inclement weather. When I got to my car it was covered in almost a foot of snow. Three men that worked at the hotel cleaned my truck off so Could drive home. What great guys, Thank you to Bill, Rocco and Zorro!!!! Thank you thank you.

The staff at the hotel could not be nicer as we'll.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Cliff B

Good Day,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that our associates were able to come to the rescue. All of us at Marriott are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times and it is a nice hotel but every time I stay, other guests smoke in the rooms even though it is a Marriott which is supposed to be smoke free. It seems to come through the vents in the bathroom and it is very strong. Almost every time I stay here it is the same issue and when you call the front desk they say there is nothing they can do.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Good Day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that you had to experience the smell of smoke. We pride ourselves on communicating the non-smoking policy and ensuring this does not happen. I take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter in person. Please phone me at the hotel, 718-533-3000, so that I may better address this matter.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stay here when I have a short stay in NY. You can see the hotel from the airport. They do have a hotel shuttle bus - cabbies don't like you because they get "out of the que" for the bigger fares. Conseiger room (7th floor) is small, but they serve real sausage links, not that "shoe sole" patties. excersise room faces highway and airport for a view as you work out. No nearby restaurants so keep that in mind.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Good Day,

Thanks for staying with us at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. I appreciate your comments. I’ll be sure to share your feedback with our associates.

See you soon,

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed here because I had an early flight the next morning. Wouldn't stay there for an extended period but for 1 day fit my exact needs. Check in was fast and courteous, rooms were clean and comfortable, restaurant had good food(bar food) and shuttle took me to airport(less than 5 minutes away) at 5 am sharp

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank willgero
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the hotel services to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs at the LaGuardias Airport Marriott should you return to the New York City area.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here one night as a planned layover and two nights as stranded travelers. Both times checking in requested early check in the first was after a 15 hour international flight that arrived at 0445. The second was after leaving a courtyard in manhattan (see other review) we left early in the am after not waiting to stay there another min arriving around 0900. Both times they were full but got us into our rooms after a quick breakfast.
The hotel is under renovations which having stayed previously is overdue. The hotel is very close to the airport (obviously) and shuttle runs often, the staff overall is lovely.
Would have to ask that marriott takes a hint from their overseas family of hotels and provide complimentary drinks in the executive lounge.
Lastly, the gym was small but had a good amount of equipment. However not all of the equipment worked (ie treadmills)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your family while being distressed at the Airport. We will continue to make the hotel improvements. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The property is way overdue for a makeover. Not just physical, but service as well. The elevators were not functioning correctly and even though they are working on updating, it just feels a bit dirty. The room was awesome in 1982 but no changes since. It's an airport property…it's close to where you need to be at 5am, therefore you stay. Wouldn't recommend if you're visiting the area for holiday.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank brianparsley
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service.

We strive to provide the finest service and facilities for our guests. Please contact me directly for further assistance with any of these matters at 718-533-3000. I truly value your feedback and welcome the opportunity to speak with you, so we may contiue to improve for your next stay at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott.