“Nice Hotel But Smoking Issues”

New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times and it is a nice hotel but every time I stay, other guests smoke in the rooms even though it is a Marriott which is supposed to be smoke free. It seems to come through the vents in the bathroom and it is very strong. Almost every time I stay here it is the same issue and when you call the front desk they say there is nothing they can do.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Good Day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that you had to experience the smell of smoke. We pride ourselves on communicating the non-smoking policy and ensuring this does not happen. I take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter in person. Please phone me at the hotel, 718-533-3000, so that I may better address this matter.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stay here when I have a short stay in NY. You can see the hotel from the airport. They do have a hotel shuttle bus - cabbies don't like you because they get "out of the que" for the bigger fares. Conseiger room (7th floor) is small, but they serve real sausage links, not that "shoe sole" patties. excersise room faces highway and airport for a view as you work out. No nearby restaurants so keep that in mind.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Good Day,

Thanks for staying with us at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. I appreciate your comments. I’ll be sure to share your feedback with our associates.

See you soon,

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed here because I had an early flight the next morning. Wouldn't stay there for an extended period but for 1 day fit my exact needs. Check in was fast and courteous, rooms were clean and comfortable, restaurant had good food(bar food) and shuttle took me to airport(less than 5 minutes away) at 5 am sharp

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank willgero
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the hotel services to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs at the LaGuardias Airport Marriott should you return to the New York City area.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here one night as a planned layover and two nights as stranded travelers. Both times checking in requested early check in the first was after a 15 hour international flight that arrived at 0445. The second was after leaving a courtyard in manhattan (see other review) we left early in the am after not waiting to stay there another min arriving around 0900. Both times they were full but got us into our rooms after a quick breakfast.
The hotel is under renovations which having stayed previously is overdue. The hotel is very close to the airport (obviously) and shuttle runs often, the staff overall is lovely.
Would have to ask that marriott takes a hint from their overseas family of hotels and provide complimentary drinks in the executive lounge.
Lastly, the gym was small but had a good amount of equipment. However not all of the equipment worked (ie treadmills)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your family while being distressed at the Airport. We will continue to make the hotel improvements. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The property is way overdue for a makeover. Not just physical, but service as well. The elevators were not functioning correctly and even though they are working on updating, it just feels a bit dirty. The room was awesome in 1982 but no changes since. It's an airport property…it's close to where you need to be at 5am, therefore you stay. Wouldn't recommend if you're visiting the area for holiday.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank brianparsley
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service.

We strive to provide the finest service and facilities for our guests. Please contact me directly for further assistance with any of these matters at 718-533-3000. I truly value your feedback and welcome the opportunity to speak with you, so we may contiue to improve for your next stay at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I used to stay at Marriott properties frequently on business, then switched to Hilton brands. So this past weekend I stayed at this property looking forward to the typical Marriott standards. I can't say I feel like this has occurred. In general the hotel is in OK shape, but our room was good. I think they are in the process of renovating and our room was fine - except for the ventilation. We were sweating all night even with thermostat pushed all the way down. They said they'd have a repair guy come - who did - but it still blew room-temp air. We had to open windows (facing highway in front) which was noisy.

I mentioned this issue to the front desk twice and they said they'd have a manager call, I'm still waiting.

To top it off they charged me for 2 nights parking even though I never even entered the parking garage - and charged an extra garage night for another room where I had family staying. I had to bring it to their attention at which time they removed the charges. Restaurant waiter was also pretty surly to our group of 12 for breakfast...

It was just disappointing. I'm not saying this hotel is a dump or anything like that, it's OK, but I feel like it did not live up to Marriott's usual excellent standards.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure that all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Your review will help us make the necessary improvements in our guest rooms, especially with the ventillation as it was discussed during our most recent team meeting. We hope that next time you’re in the area you will consider staying with us again. I hope you will give us the opportunity to show you that we can provide exceptional service and facilities in the future.

718-5333-3000

Reviewed January 13, 2014

...the front desk called to say that they were very sorry that our pickup at LGA by their Shuttle was delayed...(we waited over 30 minutes, and called twice)..so they invited us to have lunch in their restaurant for free! Having read some negative reviews just before I went, and having seen that the manager was responding to each of them, reaching out to the authors - I figured their service would be good. What I did not count on was how EVERY member of the staff was genuinely welcoming, and nice - from the shuttle driver, to the front desk employees, waiters, and housekeepers. Yes - there was some signs of construction, but given the easy proximity to LGA, and NYC (not to mention Queens), I whole heartedly recommend this as a great option - especially for shorter trips. The rooms are smallish, but Marriott quality, the food and service in the restaurant was great, the people awesome. Great job - and thanks.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Good Day,

Your comments about your stay at our hotel made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable and memorable. Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,