“A great full service hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott

New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Dallas, Texas
“A great full service hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Spent two nights here on consecutive weekends in September 2013. The folks at reception were polite, helpful, and fast. The room was clean and well appointed, and everything seemed to be in good order. The restaurant/bar was excellent, and I ate several meals there. The shuttle to the airport was also helpful and prompt. Frankly there was nothing about this hotel that I disliked. This is everything that you would expect from a full service Marriott property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Good Day,

Your comments about your experience made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable (along with our great location). Hope to see you again soon.

All the Best,

David Salcfas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

When I booked this hotel I wanted it, as there was a swimming pool advertised on the website brochure - on arrival was disappointed to learn - no pool. However, the hotel was superb, and the staff couldn't have been more polite and helpful. Our room for my 17 y.o girl and myself was beautiful, very comfortable and immaculate - fresh bedlinen, and towels daily.
Nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast was great too.

If youre seeking a good quality hotel at a reasonable price, and don't want to pay huge prices in NYC, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let the Entire Team know that they helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Marriott are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon. It is our Pleasure to serve you.

Advance, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Easy check in and a great location to the La Guardia Airport. The shuttle service runs every 15 minutes so that is very accomodatiing for flights. A little pricy but it is New York. Very nice and comfortable room.

Room Tip: the airport is only 5 minutes away by shuttle
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Good Day,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the shuttle service to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott.

Salt Lake City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have lost my flight at LaGuardia airport so I had to spend a night in NYC. I decided for the first time to stay local near the airport instead of Manhattan and I was advised to call through the airport phones connecting to the hotel directly. I have chosen to call first Marriott since I had always good experience with the brand. An rude lady responded and she was unhappy that I was inquiring about the hotel rooms. I asked her are your rooms better at the Marriott Hotel or at the Courtyard? The response was I don't know. We have plenty of nice rooms for you available at the low rate of 279 $ plus tax. Having always a positive experience with the brand I disregarded the unprofessional clerk but there was more to go through. I was greeted by a young lady that to my request for a single non smoking room she responded that there were only two rooms available. One king for handicapped people and one double bed. To my complain that I was told that there were plenty of rooms to choose from she responded "we are fully booked and that's what's available". When I told her that if I knew that poor availability I would have chosen another hotel she returned my credit card and told me that I can walk out to another hotel and find another room. " we are fully committed tonight sir and that s the best I can do for you....I don't have more than 2 minutes available " I told her that the availability was misrepresented on the phone and I will complain about it. She became defensive returned my credit card and ID and she told me that I should go to another hotel. Once I told her that I am very tired from the trip and I cannot go somewhere else she gave me the handicapped room on the 2nd floor. The elevators of the hotel were not working and so we had to spend 10 minutes waiting for the elevator to come. The room was very noisy being near the elevator and the street and I was unable to sleep. I ordered room service and the lady on the phone was very nice. I ordered a Marriott burger. To my surprise a chicken sandwich was brought to me. I called back the room service and I was told that they messed it up. They called me back and brought a lukewarm dry burger-they serve better burgers at Wendy's- and the check was 49 $ for a beer, burger and an appetizer.
I want to share with you my horrible experience to this hotel. Of note I have stayed at the Four Seasons in St Louis, MO and they charged me 245$ for a king room day a night difference from the one that I am staying and with the same price I got lunch that I still remember. The service there also so much better. Don't go to this hotel except if there is no other choice. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Good Day,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered at our hotel. I appreciate you letting me know so that we can improve our service. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about the experience so that we make sure all issues are resolved. Please call me directly at 718-533-3000. In the meantime, I will be working diligently with our staff to make positive changes in all of the areas you mentioned. I know you have choices and truly don't want you to feel this way.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Travelers are raving about these East Elmhurst hotels

Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This place might leave you feeling taken, especially after a $16 burger with about 8 french fries and a $7 beer. Location is fine, shuttle works well, staff are nice. Airline staff stay here and some of them have to be at the airport by 5, so don't stay here if you want to sleep in!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Imackin
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that we were not able to deliver the Food and Beverage amenities at the value expected. Also for not being able to have a good night's rest. I take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter in person. Please phone me at the hotel, 718-533-3000, so that I may better address this matter.

Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very handy to LGA. Good front desk staff, and other staff, happy to help. The room was clean and comfortable, as well as a comfortable bed. A great selection at the breakfast buffet.
Would recommend this Airport Hotel for ease of airport access via (free) Marriott shuttle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Good Day,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the LaGuardia Marriott! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Marriott hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Stuck in LaGuardia with a broken plane -- you know the story. By the time Delta stopped trying to fix it, it was 12:30am and we were rebooked for 9:30am. Woo-hoo: 6 whole hours of sleep courtesy of Delta. Luckily the Marriott is just across the street, though you can't walk there. The shuttle fit all of us stranded passengers in one 5min trip. Check-in took almost exactly one minute by the most professional, efficient front desk staffer I've ever met. Truly amazing, and exactly what we needed at 1am. She even told us what time to be down for the shuttle based on our departure time. Breakfast wasn't free per se, but thankfully the hotel accepted our airline meal vouchers. The restaurant staff were also fantastic, from the manager to the waiter. We took the shuttle back and flew out without further incident. The room was great, but I didn't get a chance to check it all out as we only had a few hours to sleep. All in all, this place was a God-send; a truly wonderful end to a really crappy night. I'll definitely come back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the LaGuardia Airport Marriott service and facilities to your liking. We know how you feel when your travel plans change and are out of your control, I'm glad we were there for you. I'll be certain to share your kind words with the team! We look forward to your return.

Please contact me directly when the opportunity to visit NYC arises at 718-533-3000.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Elmhurst
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
#8 of 10 in East Elmhurst
3.0 of 5 stars 84 reviews

Been to New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!