“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Advance, North Carolina
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Easy check in and a great location to the La Guardia Airport. The shuttle service runs every 15 minutes so that is very accomodatiing for flights. A little pricy but it is New York. Very nice and comfortable room.

Room Tip: the airport is only 5 minutes away by shuttle
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the shuttle service to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott.

David Salcfas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have lost my flight at LaGuardia airport so I had to spend a night in NYC. I decided for the first time to stay local near the airport instead of Manhattan and I was advised to call through the airport phones connecting to the hotel directly. I have chosen to call first Marriott since I had always good experience with the brand. An rude lady responded and she was unhappy that I was inquiring about the hotel rooms. I asked her are your rooms better at the Marriott Hotel or at the Courtyard? The response was I don't know. We have plenty of nice rooms for you available at the low rate of 279 $ plus tax. Having always a positive experience with the brand I disregarded the unprofessional clerk but there was more to go through. I was greeted by a young lady that to my request for a single non smoking room she responded that there were only two rooms available. One king for handicapped people and one double bed. To my complain that I was told that there were plenty of rooms to choose from she responded "we are fully booked and that's what's available". When I told her that if I knew that poor availability I would have chosen another hotel she returned my credit card and told me that I can walk out to another hotel and find another room. " we are fully committed tonight sir and that s the best I can do for you....I don't have more than 2 minutes available " I told her that the availability was misrepresented on the phone and I will complain about it. She became defensive returned my credit card and ID and she told me that I should go to another hotel. Once I told her that I am very tired from the trip and I cannot go somewhere else she gave me the handicapped room on the 2nd floor. The elevators of the hotel were not working and so we had to spend 10 minutes waiting for the elevator to come. The room was very noisy being near the elevator and the street and I was unable to sleep. I ordered room service and the lady on the phone was very nice. I ordered a Marriott burger. To my surprise a chicken sandwich was brought to me. I called back the room service and I was told that they messed it up. They called me back and brought a lukewarm dry burger-they serve better burgers at Wendy's- and the check was 49 $ for a beer, burger and an appetizer.
I want to share with you my horrible experience to this hotel. Of note I have stayed at the Four Seasons in St Louis, MO and they charged me 245$ for a king room day a night difference from the one that I am staying and with the same price I got lunch that I still remember. The service there also so much better. Don't go to this hotel except if there is no other choice. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Good Day,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered at our hotel. I appreciate you letting me know so that we can improve our service. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about the experience so that we make sure all issues are resolved. Please call me directly at 718-533-3000. In the meantime, I will be working diligently with our staff to make positive changes in all of the areas you mentioned. I know you have choices and truly don't want you to feel this way.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This place might leave you feeling taken, especially after a $16 burger with about 8 french fries and a $7 beer. Location is fine, shuttle works well, staff are nice. Airline staff stay here and some of them have to be at the airport by 5, so don't stay here if you want to sleep in!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Imackin
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that we were not able to deliver the Food and Beverage amenities at the value expected. Also for not being able to have a good night's rest. I take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter in person. Please phone me at the hotel, 718-533-3000, so that I may better address this matter.

Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very handy to LGA. Good front desk staff, and other staff, happy to help. The room was clean and comfortable, as well as a comfortable bed. A great selection at the breakfast buffet.
Would recommend this Airport Hotel for ease of airport access via (free) Marriott shuttle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Good Day,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the LaGuardia Marriott! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Marriott hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Stuck in LaGuardia with a broken plane -- you know the story. By the time Delta stopped trying to fix it, it was 12:30am and we were rebooked for 9:30am. Woo-hoo: 6 whole hours of sleep courtesy of Delta. Luckily the Marriott is just across the street, though you can't walk there. The shuttle fit all of us stranded passengers in one 5min trip. Check-in took almost exactly one minute by the most professional, efficient front desk staffer I've ever met. Truly amazing, and exactly what we needed at 1am. She even told us what time to be down for the shuttle based on our departure time. Breakfast wasn't free per se, but thankfully the hotel accepted our airline meal vouchers. The restaurant staff were also fantastic, from the manager to the waiter. We took the shuttle back and flew out without further incident. The room was great, but I didn't get a chance to check it all out as we only had a few hours to sleep. All in all, this place was a God-send; a truly wonderful end to a really crappy night. I'll definitely come back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the LaGuardia Airport Marriott service and facilities to your liking. We know how you feel when your travel plans change and are out of your control, I'm glad we were there for you. I'll be certain to share your kind words with the team! We look forward to your return.

Please contact me directly when the opportunity to visit NYC arises at 718-533-3000.

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

A tight schedule required a hotel near LGA and this one did not disappoint: early check-in, helpful staff, clean room, free shuttle to airport -- will definitely book again when I have to overnight near NYC.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Good Day!

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

As usual, Marriott Hotels don't usually disappoint! Our stay was enjoyable and we would return again. We used points and are Gold members so we were upgraded to a nice room on the concierge floor. The shuttle from the airport arrived in 15 min. but we did have to pay close attention and kinda wave for the shuttle or we might have missed it. We were checked in by a really nice lady, Imelda, who was friendly and professional. The breakfast in the concierge lounge was sufficient. Our room was nice and clean, the bathroom was a bit small and the door was too close to the toliet so it was awkward closing the door without getting too close to the toliet. The concierge lounge was nice and the hostess was nice. I believe her name was Afaf and she went out of her way to be helpful. We used public transportation, bus and subway. The hotel sells roundtrip tickets (no one way) for the subway I believe, but, we went back to the airport on the shuttle and went to the United baggage claim/ground transpotation area and bought a ticket from the little store for I believe 9.50 ea. which was good for about 4 trips on the bus/subway. For efficiency, you should buy your bus/subway ticket before you leave the airport if you plan to use public transportation. That way, you can catch the bus right outside the hotel to take you to the subway station. We used it to transfer from bus M60 I believe is what we used to go to the restaurant, Slyvia's on Lennox Ave. in Harlem which was good, and we stopped by Times Square and then went back to the hotel. We transferred from bus to subway with the same ticket. We went from LaGuardia to JFK via the shuttle back to the hotel then used one of the shuttle services located at ground transportation. We knew there was a $10 pp and $13 pp shuttle but the $13 was available and leaving in 15 min. so we used that shuttle and it got us to the other airport within 20-30 min. with traffic. The hotel was nice but the concierge desk in the lobby was not very helpful with details about public transportation, restaurants, or tickets to plays, etc., and the front desk was not very friendly either other than the woman who checked us in. That's NY though, so we were fine. I would recommend this hotel which is less expensive than staying in the city center.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Good day,
Thanks for staying with us at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Imelda and Afaf created a positive experience for you. I’ll be sure to share your comments with them. Please let us know when you are returning.
Until Then...

Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
SpringHill Suites New York LaGuardia Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS LaGuardia Airport Hotel Queens
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St

Been to New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!