I stayed here for one night of a two-city trip (more on that in a minute). Though I was there for barely 12 hours, it was a surprisingly good experience, especially for an airport hotel. I'll mention three things specifically:
1) My room: This was a category 5 hotel and I was staying on points, so my expectations were low. But my room was spacious, sparkling clean with updated furnishings, bedding, etc., and very comfortable. Bath towels were Category 5-ish, though.
2) The concierge lounge: This was lovely--light, comfortable, and a good breakfast buffet.
3) Best of all--The service: From the shuttle driver from LaGuardia to the front desk clerk who checked me in to the server in the lounge who brought me a bowl of soup and a glass of wine to the concierge lounge attendants to the bellman who got me a car in the morning--exceptionally friendly, hospitable, and helpful. What a difference that makes to a weary traveler.
In my first stop, I stayed in St. Petersburg, FL at a Hilton. I had a nice view of Tampa Bay, but other than that, the hotel itself was tired and needed updating and the service was indifferent. After I checked into my room at this Marriott in NYC, I literally breathed a sigh of relief. It's nice how Marriott is so consistent and dependable.
One last note: The shuttle service from LaGuardia was a zoo. They came promptly (within 15 min. of when I called). But the traffic is so heavy that you literally have to weave through cars with your luggage 3-4 lanes to flag down the shuttle. There is no dedicated spot for them to pull up. This is not the hotel's fault, of course, but if someone had mobility issues, this could be a daunting barrier. In that case, I'd say skip the shuttle and get a cab. It's only about a 5-minute ride, anyway. Not worth risking your life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a convenient location and a recently renovated lobby and fitness center, discover a leader among LaGuardia Airport hotels, New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott. Guests are assured a pleasant night's rest with our hotel's signature Marriott Revive bedding and double-paned soundproof windows. This hotel near LaGuardia Airport offers a unique plug-in panel in each room that allows guests to connect their digital devices to a large 32-inch flat-screen TV. As a convenient New York LaGuardia Airport hotel, we are just a short distance from Midtown Manhattan, Long Island and JFK International Airport. Surrounded by the hustle and bustle of New York City and boasting more than 15,000 square feet of renovated event space, our hotel is ideal for special events, corporate meetings and unforgettable wedding receptions. Additionally, all guests have access to a complimentary airport shuttle to LaGuardia Airport. Enjoy a spectacular New York City getaway during your stay at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New York Laguardia Airport Marriott Hotel East Elmhurst
- Marriott Hotel East Elmhurst
- Marriott East Elmhurst
- East Elmhurst Marriott
- New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott East Elmhurst