“Plain and basic, but good value”

Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Had an unexpected layover in NYC, and booked the Airway inn at the last minute (10:30 PM), The website makes it look pretty "dumpy", but it was pleasantly surprising. I paid $135 at the Airway (as compared to $230 the previous two nights at times square). The Airway was clean, friendly and ha a free airport shuttle.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Airway Inn at LaGuardia

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We needed a place to stay near LaGuardia because our flight was cancelled. I booked before I left the airport (in White Plains, actually) and was glad I did -- they were completely full when I arrived, and turned away one person in front of me and four people on the phone before they checked me in. (Probably due to weather, lots of flights were cancelled.) The rooms and bathrooms have been renovated, and the beds were comfortable and the bathrooms clean. We requested a nonsmoking room, but the bathroom smelled of smoke and the a/c wasn't on when we arrived, so it was hot, smelly, and generally uncomfortable for about an hour until the a/c cooled it down. Though the beds were comfortable, the sofabed was absolutely not. I do not recommend use of the sofabed unless you have no other choice (as we did). It is a twin size -- no way two people could sleep in it, and the mattress is very uncomfortable.

All in all, my family of 5 was glad to find a place to stay close to the airport without paying a fortune, and the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Rooms renovated, bathrooms absolutely georgeous, hallways recarpeted with high quality carpet, new flat screen TV's, fair price, friendly workers... Did not excpect it at all. Thank You, and I will be back.

Room Tip: Everything is renovated...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed with my kid & family for couple of days when we went for NY tour. We went to Niagara falls came again & stayed there for another couple of days. Rooms were clean, comfortable to stay & affordable price. Good place to stay & near to Laguardia airport.....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Had a late night working in NYC and an early flight out so i made my way to LaGuardia found Airway Inn and was blown away at how nice it was. Friendly check in, great room & bathroom and when i came back the next night, they picked me up at the airport right away and brought me back to the hotel to pick up my car.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael G
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Having to stay an extra night in New York because of Hurricane Irene was ok to deal with so because I didnt know the area I went on to Booking.com to make a reservation near the airport, as a 2 star it wasnt going to have that much going for me but I got charged for one night 194 dollars, as I sat waiting for my airport pick up and having not slept, (this place is on a main road) people came in and asked the price for one night and they said 65 dollars, I went to reception and was told that the man in question had asked for a 4 hour stay......yeah right....but I wa too tired to argue, when I got back home I mailed "booking.com" and after about 4 mails I got a reply saying that they had spoken to reception and that it was a four hour stay for 65 dollars, I can only say that while I sat there waiting for my pick-up there was an awful lot of 4 hour stays coming in, as far as I am concerned booking.com will not be used by myself EVER, and if as they said "the hotel maybe can not be trusted on giving them the best price"....then they should not be using this type of hotel and passing it of to customers

Room Tip: dont stay here, rooms are grubby, old tired and near the main road
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
jsnempire, General Manager at Airway Inn at LaGuardia, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the Airway Inn. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all of our guests. Please know your comments have been reviewed in detail. Our rate for the night in question was $166 plus tax which is about $194 in total. While this is a usually a high rate, for NYC it is on the reasonable side. NYC is a very expensive city with hotel rates above $250 per night before tax. Since the Airway is an airport hotel, we have an airport layover rate which provides a lower rate for travelers who desire to rest up for a few hours before boarding their connecting flight. During the night of Hurricane Irene, many stranded travelers were hoping to catch early morning flights (6AM) out of LaGuardia the next day. Hoping to save money they could not afford to spend, they only stayed with us for a few hours thereby paying a much lower rate. I am sorry our front desk agent did not provide you with this information. I hope you will come back and give us another chance to make it up to you in the future.

We thank you for taking the time to review the Airway Inn.

Eldin Elezovic
GM

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I have been to this hotel now three times and my prior two trips were not the best. However, my last stay was very good as they have completely renovated this building. Overall it is a lot cleaner, the people that work there are so friendly and I can't get over the nice new wall paper. Great stay, highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Elmhurst
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott

Been to Airway Inn at LaGuardia? Share your experiences!