“Very much appreciated”

Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Due to the heat wave in NYC, I needed a hotel to sta in overnight since my apartment had no electricity. I called around searching for a reasonably priced hotel room. Some hotels were over booked, while others were rip off prices. Airway understood my situation well and exceeded my expectations with price and service. Everything went well form the moment I called to the moment of check out. I appreciate the understanding of the situation I was in. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 31, 2011

We live near by. Due to the outage in the area we had to find a place to stay for two nights until we got elecetricity back. We called several hotels in the area and when we called Airway Inn we just happen to speak to the manager who was extremely nice and hospitable! He promised to give us a very nice room and when we got there it was better then what we had expected!! We stayed in room #305 and it was just comfortable. The room was big and clean, the bathroom just renovated , loved the coridoors leading up to the room. The small issue that we had upon arriving in the room, the air conditioning seemed to be not working, we then called the front desk, in no time the maintenance guy showed up and explained to us how to operate the AC unit which was heating in AC unit combined in one. We will recommend this hotel to everybody we know, and we will be back, we just hope not to have the same reason to be back!

Room Tip: Big comforable and clean!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We love the staff and the facilities. The room was very clean, and very quiet.
The emplyees at the front desk, very cordial and extremely helpful providing information about the places we needed to go and the transportation that we had to get.
We really loved this hotel.
Leon D. Vanegas G.
leon_vanegas@hotmail.com

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I was stranded due to flight cancellation and stayed there one night. The place is a dive with old, beat up furniture and unclean rooms. I asked for a non-smoking room and my room wreaked of cigarette smoke. The chairs in my room had holes and burn marks and the grimey air conditioning unit was unplugged and barely worked. I arrived after midnight and there was suspicious activity in the halls and cleaning staff were cleaning rooms at that time, suggesting hourly rental. I felt very uncomfortable but was stranded. Needless to say, I got very little sleep that night. The next morning, they soaked me over $300 for a stay of less than 8 hours!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Hotel is absolutely fantastic. Rooms are big and clean, new bathrooms, renovated hallways. Service is amazing, everyone is happy and it makes me happy to be here. Airway is my choice hotel. I will always go back when in area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank peter_mercier
Reviewed February 28, 2011

As you may have gathered from the headline, I do NOT enjoy business travel. Airports, security checks, bad food (if any), etc., etc.

I fly frequently between LAX and La Guardia and even though I was originally looking for a simply functional hotel, I lucked out here. The staff was friendly and helpful (especially with the check-in). The rooms are cozy, clean and comfortable. Heck, they even have nice duvet covers and a flat screen TV!

Practically speaking, it's very convenient - for my purposes anyway. It's close to LaGuardia Airport and Citi Field, and just a few short miles from Manhattan. The only drawback is that there's no room service, but I don't like hotel food anyway and you can easily have food delivered directly to your room from a number of great local restaurants.

This is my new regular hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank WRSwan
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Very friendly staff, clean rooms,(love the bethrooms). 10 minutes away from US Open tennis center. We will be back again next year.
Mr. Mendez and friends from room 310.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
#16 of 18 in Flushing
Ramada Flushing Queens
Ramada Flushing Queens
#11 of 18 in Flushing

Been to Airway Inn at LaGuardia? Share your experiences!