“near to airport”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Singapore, Singapore
“near to airport”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The menu breakfast was unacceptable, I hate cheap plastic tableware! The room not cleaned properly. This hotel is outdated and needs to be remodeled or go through some major renovations, but... there are pluses eg. swimming pool, fitnes and so on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Eric R
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment on your stay at the Laguardia Plaza Hotel. We do value your comments and will be further discussing other options for breakfast , we will be focusing on improving the overall guest satisfation. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed some of our amenities during your stay.Thank you again and travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I made reservations through Groupon so I did not know what to expect but the deal was great. Upon entering the Hotel I remembered saying, this will work. The staff was tremendous. When called upon, their response time was outstanding. Will I stay here again or recommend this hotel? Absolutely!!!
Effie the Manager was fantastic.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. We are glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your comments and hope you will visit us soon.Thank you again and travel safe.
New York
Reviewed April 10, 2014

- breakfast
- clean
- big room

- -
- Spa (close)
- Location (40 min to Manhattan with metro & bus)

I think this hotel is good for person who wait one day for aeroport but it's very far for New york

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. We are glad to hear that you found the Laguardia Plaza Hotel of value. We hope to see you soon and travel safe.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was a quick on-night stay before an early flight. It is a 5 minute free shuttle ride to La Guardia, shuttle runs every 20 minutes starting at 4:00 am. Spacious rooms, thin bedding, worn furnishings and decorating but clean and perfectly fine. Didn't take advantage of any hotel amenities. A bit pricey.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your business and for sharing your comments on the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. We are pleased to hear that your stay was convenient and adequate. We look forward to seeing you soon , travel safe.
SAUGERTIES
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a hotel that had both an in-house restaurant and a shuttle to LaGuardia airport. The LaGuardia Plaza had both, at a better price than some of the larger brands nearby. The picture of the hotel online also weighed in (favorably) to our decision.

We had a flight the next morning, and had a rental car to return at the airport. We went to the hotel 1st, to check in and drop off our bags. To our surprise, their was a Hertz desk right in the hotel. The satellite Hertz doesn't show up on the Hertz site, and they wouldn't let me drop my cart there instead of at the airport. We dropped the car at the airport and called the shuttle to pick us up there. The shuttle was fairly quick and the driver very friendly.

We returned to the hotel and went to the restaurant. Although the sign at the restaurant entrance said open, we went in, and it was obviously closed, with the floors being vacuumed. We were told that the main restaurant was only used for breakfast, but the menu was available in the bar area. While the bar area was nice, it is a very open area, and was considerably chilly.

The bar had a nice small menu. It was a little pricey but not unreasonable for that area. Being a little chilly, I opted for the Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo. It was good, but much more effective after adding a little hot sauce. My wife opted for the Turkey Dinner Sandwich, which had all of the fixings you would expect fit into a sandwich. She thought it was excellent.

The room itself was a little dated, but seemed clean. The bedding was comfortable. The bathroom layout might be considered dated, but it was nice to actually have a sink inside the bathroom. We were on the backside of the hotel, facing away from the airport. While I like being able to watch the planes taking off and landing, the back of the hotel has a distant view of some of the Manhattan skyline.

All in all, if the price is right, I will definitely consider this hotel for a similar stay. I will definitely try to get my car rental with a drop off right at the hotel though..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel convenient, clean and our staff friendly. You are our valued customer and we will continue to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your comments we will be sure to share it with our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2014

There was a roach in the bathroom and the bathtub did not drain, also found out about having to pay for parking only upon check-in, which added to cost of the room stay.
I'm a certified entomologist with my own company so the roach was not only disgusting, but personally insulting. Spent a good part of the evening checking for other bugs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Joseph L
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with our Trip Advisor Community. We do value your comments and apologize for the unpleasant stay, we will be addressing your concern and ensuring it does not reoccur. Thank you again and travel safe.

Travelers are raving about these East Elmhurst hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This Hotel has it all, A wonderful staff, I was greeted by Carolynn and Carla at the front desk, They were very helpful and pleasant, I needed some special help with a handy cap room and they were good enough to switch me from one room to the other, the rooms are clean and very comfortable, I also needed some help copying some information and faxing it out I also received their help with that.
As for Joseph who takes care of storing your baggage and answering phone among other duties, Well for him I have no word except "Keep Playing that Piano" He does not play it for a salary he just plays to Play, I think he should be on stage instead of in the Hotel :)
Last but not least Richie the Shuttle Bus driver was also a great guy, He made sure to get me close to the door at the airport and he would not let me lift my own suitcase.
All in all I have had a great experience at this Hotel and recommend it to all that need a Hotel near the Airport, Or, Even if you just want a Hotel which is cost effective, You will enjoy the food the bar and all the other services available they have a pool and a small gym Check out their website I know if you choose this hotel you will not regret it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found the Laguardia Plaza Hotel convenient , clean and our staff friendly. You are our valued customer and we will continue to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your comments we will be sure to share it with our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Elmhurst
Hotel de Point
#6 of 18 in Flushing
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!