“Big room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Clearwater, Florida
“Big room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was staying in Manhattan then moved here to be close to LGA for an early morning flight. The MTA bus stop is right across the street, so the subway/bus from Manhattan was convenient and economical. Check-in was fast and friendly. The room was quite spacious, with all the amenities I required. I don't require the most modern of rooms (not here) as that tends to come with a higher price. The price at the Plaza was very reasonable. In spite of the close proximity to the airport, I heard little airport noise. The hotel shuttle was on time in the morning. I was on my departure concourse within 30 minutes of hotel departure with prior check-in!
Some not-so-good things: The gift shop is convenient, however, it is independently run and you can not charge sundries to your room. Then they require a minimum charge for credit card purchases. Kind of a rip off. Also, I am very particular about the condition of the pillows I rest my head on. The pillows in my room could have been cleaner/fresher. Thirdly, housekeeping neglected to leave washcloths. I wasn't in any kind of decent appearance to call for new ones so I did without. Lastly, the hot water took a long time to come in the shower. In spite of the negatives, I would stay here again if the price was reasonable. If you found my review helpful, please click on "yes." Thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank kitchenchemist
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your business and for your comments. We are glad to hear that you found your accomodations of value and that you will return to stay with us in the near future. Just a few of the many positive comments in regards to our location and how accessible we are into the city is a great selling point for us.Thank you again and safe travel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Outdated rooms which are dirty, nothing within walking distance and food outlets which leave alot to be desired. I would never stay here unless you needed a quick rest and something very near to Laguardia.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your business and your comments. We sincerely apologize that your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel did not meet your expectations. We do value our guest comments and will be taking corrective action in order to avoid any future experiences such as yours. Thank you again and travel safe.

Travelers are raving about these East Elmhurst hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Do not let any of these photos fool you! This hotel is extremely outdated, and dirty. On the second night of my stay there was a HUGE ROACH running around the room. Everything comes with a price tag, the room did not come with a fridge so do no expect it, it is a $20 fee for an extremely OLD mini fridge. The hotel staff left an old cut-out pillow case laying around that was not in our hotel room originally. Then when we finally went to check out the guy at the desk said our balance was an additional $30, $20 for the fridge and $10 for the breakfast voucher. We never had breakfast there and never purchased the voucher. We paid the $20 in cash at checkout which they said was perfectly fine because that is the final balance. The next day my card is charged $30! When I call the hotel, the staff keeps transferring the phone to a line where no one picks up. I have never had such a horrible experience at a hotel. If you're looking for comfort and a wonderful experience in New York, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Adetayo246
Thank you for your business and for your comments. We sincerely apologize that your experience at the Laguardia Plaza Hotel did not meet your expectations. We value our guest comments and ensure that these issue will be investigated and we will take corrective action in order to avoid future experiences such as yours. Thank you again and safe travel.
Nappanee, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Location is good, but that's the only nice thing I have to say about this place. Did not have our guaranteed room with two double beds, but instead offered us a "free" rollaway. Problem was, we had four people. Management was unfriendly, unhelpful, and downright rude.

Room itself was dirty. Carpet was worn and threadbare. My daughter found a wet spot on bed under the pillow. The bathroom resembled one you'd find at a convenience store. There was a dirty washcloth with makeup on it lying on the bathroom counter and the tub didn't look like it had been wiped down in days.

We ended up leaving at midnight and finding another hotel nearby. Don't waste your time or money!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KEKN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at this location for six nights, and with three couples, we had three rooms booked. The staff was courteous, but we didn't take advantage of any of the amenities because we intended to get out and about visiting friends and sampling the available diverse food in other neighborhoods.
What struck me was the lack of a vent fan in the bathrooms, causing mirror fogging and leaving a musty odor in the room. I also felt the rooms needed some up-level cleaning and/or refurbishment. We kept our slippers on. Another minus is the lack of parking on-premises, causing us to park our vehicle in the street and compete with limousine service vehicles (stationed there to report to LGA) and alternate side parking rules. I realize parking is at a premium in NYC (lived there for 59 years), but hotels should have space available for convenient guest parking, as does the Fairfield Inn in Astoria.
On the plus side it is very convenient to LaGuardia Airport (across the Grand Central Parkway) and the rates are substantially lower than in Manhattan.
Would I stay at this location again? Yes. It fulfilled our needs and was priced right for one room with a king-sized bed at $830 for six nights, including all taxes.

Room Tip: Book on-line.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robretired44
Thank you for your business and your comments during your stay with us. We are glad to hear you found your stay of value. We are glad to hear you will stay with us in the near future and look forward to your return. Thank you again and travel safe.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

In my line of I work I stay in hotels up and down the east coast. In this instance I needed a hotel close to LGA. The LaGuardia Plaza Hotel seemed perfect and I was right. As soon as I got off my plane I called the hotel and they sent Patric with the free shuttle right over. I only waited 5 minutes. Upon entering the hotel I was greeted with great big smiles, friendly attitudes! Great people! Darlene, Lorraine, Richard B, Rory. We were laughing and as they were answering my questions I really felt at home. My room was spotless. I needed a ride to the store, they gave me one. I needed a later checkout time. They gave me one. My breakfast, fresh hot waffles, delicious juice, toasted bagel and great coffee. The pool was invigorating. Over all the is outstanding. I know I will be back. I will not forget how great the people treated me. God bless everyone at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank KenReilly
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are please to hear that your stay at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel was of value. We will be sure to let our entire staff of hospitality professionals know your thoughts about your stay.Thank you again and travel safe.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Only plus: pleasant front desk staff. Room was filthy. I didn't wang to take off my socks. On either side of the bedside table were candy bar crumbs. The air smelled like stale smoke. Not opposed to roughing it... But this was dirty, not Spartan.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank feetNflight
Thank you for your business and for your comments. We apologize if your stay was less than satisfactory and not considered of value. The hotel will begin phase 1 of extensive renovations during the next several months. We appreciate your comments and will take corrective action in order to avoid any future experiences such as yours. Thank you again and travel safe.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Elmhurst
Hotel de Point
Hotel de Point
#7 of 17 in Flushing
4.0 of 5 stars 228 reviews

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!