“Convenient to LaGuardia Airport.”

LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Booked the place despite reading some bad reviews. Was decent enough for me and it is situated close to the airport so I booked it my last night in NYC. This way getting to the airport gate in the morning was a breeze via free shutte. Would stay here again just for the convenience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Daniel S
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your business and your honest review of the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel.
With as many reviews as you have to your credit, it is comforting to hear that you recognize a good value. We are pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable with us. Thank you for your comments and travel safe.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

WORST HOTEL I EVER stayed at. Staff was rude and uncaring. I see that they are blaming bad accommodations on victims of the Hurricane. Maybe you should have told the people they would have a bad stay before they paid you. I Stayed through fema because I was a Hurricane victim. I was treated like I was a nobody and I was treated very disrespectful by the staff. I was blown away by the level of unprofessionalism. whoever is reading these reviews should stop with the sorry your stay was not good comments And start at the root of most complaints, which seems to be the extremely rude staff. I would never stay here again. Hostile and rude Staff. Horrible horrible stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank bparker1972
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community . We do our very best to learn from each and every Trip advisor review. We sincerely apologize in regards to your experience and will be investigating the situation and ensuring that it does not reoccur. Thank you for your comments and travel safe.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had an issue with a flight so the airline put me up here. So I shouldn't complain but I wanted to share my experience for others who might consider staying here and paying. It seems that this hotel hasn't been updated in its decor in some time, but I will say it was very clean. Starting with the front desk when I checked in, they were short and had an attitude. It wasn't just my agent, I saw others acting the same way. Also when I asked for toothpaste i was told that I could buy some at the gift shop but they did not have any for me.

When I got to my room I found it only had a Murphy bed, you know the kind you pull down from the wall. The room was dark with only two dim lamps. The tv was old and there was no alarm clock in the room. There were no bedside tables either.

I had dinner in the bar area and I waited a long time to get served but once I did the service was fine.

The hotel shuttle was on time to the airport and the driver friendly.

I would not pay for this hotel but since it was comped by the airline I can't complain too much.

The spa was closed while I was there so I cannot report on that. Also there is no room service or mini bar.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa H
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant and that you found our shuttle service of value. Management and the staff work very hard to ensure that we properly service our guest , we will investigate your experience and take corrective action to avoid any future experiences such as yours. Thank you again and travel safe.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Best part of the hotel was the location. My daughter had a 6:00 am flight. My mother in law has an apt. in NYC (only 5.42 miles from airport) afraid if she were late and missed her flight. A problem for me. So we booked this hotel! She made her flight, due to the hotel shuttle bus she took at 4:30 am!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your business and your comments. We are glad to hear that your daughters stay at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel meet your expectations. We are pleased to hear that our complimentary shuttle service was of value to you.Thank you for your comments and safe travel.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Had a lovely well-appointed room on the fourth floor executive floor. I would stay there again.

I flew in to JFK and was flying out of LaGuardia, taxi between the two locations was $37, if anyone is interested.

Meal in restaurant was good and serves meals up to midnight. There were some entertaining patrons to provide some comedy from the travel I had had. Front desk service was very friendly and accommodating. They were very welcoming.

Hotel shuttle was to La Guardia is a very handy feature of this hotel. Shuttle is on an automatic schedule and was available for my early morning flight.

Breakfast is available in the restaurant and was very nicely presented. Buffet is around $10.95.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for your business and thank you for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community.We are pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable wih us.Thank you for your comments and travel safe.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

First of all they say 24 hour shuttle. but it is a lie. the shuttle probably runs approximately ten hours out of the 24 hours. The guy who handles transportation is so rude and completely unprofessional. He broke up with his girlfriend in front of us on is cell phone, while we were trying to get service. Every time we would talk to him, he would be texting on his phone. Nobody greets you when you walk in. We had a flooding in our room on the last day of our stay and when we went to tell the Supervisor, MABEL: who is the morning Supervisor; she was completely rude, giving us a "i do not care look" and returned to her magazine that she was reading and did not even apologize. The room and elevators stink. Not one single person was friendly there. My friend and I felt completely uncomfortable there. There is no baggage service. They do not even help to bring your stuff to your room. If you ask them any question or for them to find out something for you, they make sounds that they are annoyed with you. The people is what made this stay horrible at the hotel. You either need to be trained to be respectful and professional in front of the guest or get fired. Worst hotel experienced i ever had. DO NOT STAY HERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle P
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for your business and your assessment of your stay at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
Management and the staff work very hard to ensure that we properly service our guest , we will investigate your experience and take corrective action to avoid any future experiences such as yours.Thank you again and travel safe.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked the hotel because it was close to Laguadia Airport, and it claims that it has 24-hour shuttle service to and from airport. My son and I waited at the airport for an hour for the hotel shuttle. It was windy and snowing. I called 5+ times and every time was told it would come in 5 minutes. It never came! We took a taxi in the end. I complained to the front desk receptionist, but he was rude and cold. He simply said "Our shuttle broke down". Well, if the shuttle had broken down, why did they tell me every time I called that it would come in 5 minutes? The front desk receptionist didn't even greet us when we arrived. The only other thing he said was to ask me for a credit card. No luggage service at all. Room was old and smelly. My son got a bad cold from the long wait for the hotel shuttle at the airport, and he is still recovering from the cold now. A single night's stay at the hotel completely ruined the whole holiday of my family. This is clearly the worst hotel I have stayed in my whole life!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your business and your comments. Your comment about being delayed for pick up from the airport is certainly helpful to management. As an airport hotel, our policy is to pick up our guest within 15 minutes from the time the call was placed , we will investigate your experience and take corrective action in order to avoid future experiences such as yours.Thank you again and safe travel.