“GREAT AIRPORT HOTEL, GREAT LOCATION!”

LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Boynton Beach, Florida
“GREAT AIRPORT HOTEL, GREAT LOCATION!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I just spent the weekend in NY, and stayed here. I was quite pleased with the hotel, all things considered. It's the old Crowne Plaza, and it is a very large hotel. Large lobby with restaurant, bar, gift shop, etc. I had a Superior Double on the 7th floor. Hotel was quiet, room was clean and very large. Had two double beds with clean looking white sheets/comforter, loads of comfortable pillows, and a round table with two chairs. The bathroom was updated and had a marble (or perhaps marble look) bathroom counter with a lot of space. They have a hairblower, mirror, etc. The people could not have been nicer. For breakfast, we ate at the restaurant, which is served until 11:00 am, which we were very thankful for. Rather than the buffet, which had the usual fare, we had made-to-order omelets, bagels, coffee, etc. Omelet was great! There is a computer room on the 2nd floor hooked up to the airlines so you can print out your boarding passes, and there is free wifi throughout the hotel and in the rooms. I needed a car service to go to Brooklyn and they got one for me in minutes. So, all in all, I was extremely pleased with the hotel and the service. If you are looking to stay at THE Plaza Hotel, then go there. But for an airport hotel, this one was perfect. Some of the reviews I have read are a bit ridiculous when you are speaking of airport hotels. Read them and realize what it is you are looking for.

Room Tip: I was in room 742 and was extremely happy with the room, and the location (close to the vending mach...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your business and your comments with our TripAdvisor community. We are pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable with us and will return the next time your in the NYC area. Travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dallas
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed 5 days during Thanksgiving holiday. If you will be away most of the time- this may be the place for you. Price was reasonable for the area. A little mold under the sink rim and on the shower knob. New towels and was quiet. Some of the staff was helpful with directions into the city and transportation. Taxi does not pick up here. So its a car service or bus to the train into the city. We did use the hotel shuttle to the airport to get a taxi. There was no bus service back to the hotel from the train after midnight. But there was a car service sitting near the train station to take us back to the hotel. Hotel shuttle from the airport was quick to pick us up and it says Hampton Inn on the side and Laguardia Plaza Hotel on the back window. Had a good steak from the restaurant . Would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor in a double room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your business and for your kind review of the Laguardia Plaza Hotel. We are pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable with us. Thank you for your comments and travel safe.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My Daugther and wife stayed at this hotel to celebrate our daughters 16th birthday. Overall the stay was ok.. They were picked up at the airport and taken to the hotel. I choose this hotel due to the proximity to the airport since they were going to be flying out very early (6:30am) on their flight back home. The stay was good, room was clean and staff was ok upon their arrival. Then came the departure date. On the evening before they were to leave, they asked for a wakeup call because of how early their flight was. The call never happened. My wife woke up at like 6am and rushed got ready and went to check out. Everyone was extremely rude like it was my wife's fault for not getting a call.. The airport shuttle driver from the hotel was annoyed and rude for having to rush to airport. He made stops at other hotel before going to airport even with knowing the situation about their flight. Needless to say, they missed their flight. They had to pay an extra $100 to get a flight out of JFK instead, plus cab fare to get their. I called the hotel to speak to a manager who they claimed did not arrive till 9am. If they were not going to be having a wakeup call available, they should have just told my wife that they don't do calls, and she could have made other arrangments.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a wake up call, you probably won't get it..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your business and for your comments. Your comments about missing your wake up call and the lack of follow up is certainly very important to management and our staff. As an airport hotel , we take that very serious and will investigate this experience and take corrective action in order to avoid future experiences such as yours.
Thank you again and safe travel.

Travelers are raving about these East Elmhurst hotels

Reviewed December 6, 2012

So after working 14 hours a day all I wanted to come back to was a clean hotel room! I'm not even mad at the tube TV or 1980 decor. Now the real complaint! I killed 2 cockroaches in the bathroom. Not only that I called the front desk to tell them about this problem. Their idea of this fix was to send housekeeping. The housekeeper asked if I needed towels. Are you kidding me? What a joke! This hotel sucks! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your business and for your comments.
We sincerely apologize that your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel did not meet your expectations. Your comments are very helpful to us . We will investigate your experience and take corrective action in order to avoid future experiences such as yours. Thank you again and safe travel.
dublin
Reviewed December 6, 2012

staff very rude at check in it was the weekend and the staff on the Tuesday were much nicer the staff that greeted us in the dinning room didn't even smile rate was higher than what was booked very shabby needs a good make over would not stay here again because of first impressions of weekend staff do not give them your credit it card if you are paying cash was told they would not take anything from it we paid cash and it took over a week to get our money off hold

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your business and your response.
We apologize on behalf of the staff and the first impression of our hotel, our goal is to have all our associates make your day.We hope you allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to our property. We value your comments and assure you that we will meet your expectations in the future. Travel safe
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I am actually currently in the hotel. It is almost one am and there is an "event" going on somewhere below me. The walls are shaking, the bass is pumping. There is no way I can sleep. I have one of the most important interviews of my life tomorrow. But the hotel is full so nothing can be done. I find it ridiculous I was not offered a free meal, free night, SOMETHING. I stay in a hotel to sleep. The front desk says the event will be over sometime soon. But cannot tell me when. I am fuming.
Not to mention the room smells like smoke and the rooms are terribly outdated.
Worst. Hotel. Ever.
Do not put people in rooms above a ballroom that you know will have an event that goes on until the middle of the night. Ridiculous

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jeff D, General Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your business.
We apologize for not having another room available upon your request. The Plaza hotel was one of few hotels who agreed to accommodate an unlimited number of displaced families due to Superstorm Sandy; limiting available rooms.
Travel safe!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The LaGuardia Plaza hotel (formely the Crowne Plaza Hotel at LaGuardia airprot) is really terrible and I would I would strongly recommend you find another hotel in the area -- e.g. The Marriott, Courtyard, Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn would all be better choices and are just as close to LaGuardia airport.

The LaGuardia Plaza hotel had previously been part of the Crowne Plaza chain, but they went independent awhile ago (probably because they didn't meet the franchise standards) and now they are really just awful. The reservations were all messed up when we arrived, the TV in the room didn't work, there was no hot water in the morning for the shower and the breakfast was very expensive and horrible. The entire building is old and run down and I think there might even be bed bugs!

Worse of all, the service is lacking! When we pointed out the problems, they basically told us sorry. But never offered to discount the room. (We paid $225 for one night in this dump!)

I am a pretty regular traveler and a Tripadvisor contributor who believes writing fair and honest reviews. So you need to trust me on this. -- Skip this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and your response.
We apologize if your stay was not up to expectations; we realize that during this rough period, with so many dispalced families with assistance needing accommodations, our service levels were not as focused as we would desire. At the time of your visit, we were 1 of few hotels that open their doors to an unlimited amount of displaced families.
Travel safe!
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Elmhurst
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!