“Not bad but could be better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York

LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
United Kingdom
“Not bad but could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a one night stop whilst waiting for a connecting flight. Staff were very helpful and friendly, checked me in within 10 minutes and advised on airport shuttle times. Rooms were spacious, clean but fairly dated. The bar next to reception does great food and drink with a bunch of friendly staff. All in all for what it cost it was a good hotel and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a high room for a better view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hurst, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

After reading some of the reviews, I wasnt sure but cant beat the location for the airport and Citi Field, so I took a chance. It was decent for NYC, try staying in Manhattan for the price. What kind of people go to NYC and stays in their hotel? Priceline people, Stop being Cheap or if something happens dont complain about the hotel because the are separate identities. Yes, I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wedding was at Terrace on the Park. My guests stayed at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel by the recommendations of my banquet manager. I contacted his contact about making a reservation for several people for the night of the wedding and some of them decided to pay for themselves for a few days before and after the event. Since I couldn't make a block reservation for only 1 night, I paid for the hotel through Getaroom.com. One of the prepaid reservations was never found. On the day of my wedding, I had to deal with a lot drama in order to find his reservation. One of the other guests decided to stay with relatives in order for the other person to have the room. That was embarrassing for me and my family and extremely unprofessional. I showed the desk clerk the confirmation number from getaroom.com and they still couldn't fix the problem. The next day, the manager found out the guest's last name was booked wrong, starting with LL instead of IL. He wouldn't refund me the money, though, claiming it was me who filled out his name incorrectly and I should contact getaroom.com for a refund. I sent them a screen shot of the getaroom.com reservation. I even contacted the regional sales manager but to no avail. The manager wouldn't hear about it, call or investigate further. Apart from the humiliation the hotel put us through, they wouldn't even try to rectify the issue. I really wanted to put positive reviews about the hotel just like I would for my wedding vendors, but they made it really hard for me.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank StephanieS2011

Travelers are raving about these East Elmhurst hotels

Clearwater, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We went up to see the Mets play at Citi Field. They made it real easy to get to the stadium with shuttles on the hour that took you to the stadium and subway stop at the stadium if you wanted to go into Manhattan.

Room was comfortable, TV's do need updating. Had the breakfast buffet one day and it was good and not too overpriced by NY standards.

1 Thank CLWFLA
Stamford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed here as I had a very early flight the following morning. While it is not the prettiest hotel in the world, it is adequate for the need (which for most is a hotel near the airport). I purchased this hotel on PriceLine so I cannot criticize anyway as the price was very good. Yes the room was on the older side but everything was functional and the room, clean and well stocked.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel the night before our flight out of LaGuardia. We arrived late so we didn't get a chance to take advantage of the wonderful things this hotel had to offer! Loved the hotel!

Willmar, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Not only was the furnishings dated, but our room had a roof leak in the bathroom. There was water all over the floor. When I called management immediately, they advised the hotel was booked and I could not get another room (this did change after almost 2 hours of haggling at 1am in the morning). When I simply asked them to refund me so I could find another hotel I was advised that was not possible because I completed my reservation via Priceline. Priceline could not refund me either - I believe that is when they miraculously found me another room, which was mediocre. Also, no complimentary breakfast for the price. Had to buy breakfast at the hotel restaurant.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
BEST WESTERN PLUS LaGuardia Airport Hotel Queens
Hotel de Point
Hotel de Point
#7 of 18 in Flushing

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!