“Best wing in Queens!!!!!!”

Airways Pizza & Deli
Ranked #3 of 105 Restaurants in East Elmhurst
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Even though we always request no sauce on our wings.......they are the best!!!! The chicken parm is to die for!

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This is a great little pizzeria, not far from La Guardia Airport. It's a nice quite 20 minute walk. The pizzeria though is always full of people coming and going.

A "small" cheese pizza is $12 out the door, but for two dollars more, you can make it a large and get more bang for the buck. It's traditional NY style with large, doughy slices. I'm sure there may be better in New York, but I haven't found it yet.

Free delivery, but there is also quite a bit of room there to sit down, even for large groups.

Definitely a place I have been to in the past, come to presently, and will continue to go to in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hampton inn in east elmhurst the might before our trip. We got a menu from airways pizza and really weren't expecting much based on the name. Well that was an incorrect assumption. We ordered a large pizza, fried shrimp parm (my personal favorite) and some stuff for the kids.

The food was delivered to the hotel lobby quickly. We picked it up and went to eat. The order came complete with forks, napkins just what you would expect from a good takeout, but the food was great. I'm from new haven ct, I'm pretty picky about Italian food and pizza what we got was quote a meal. The shrimp parm had plenty of good sized shrimp, and was absolutely great came with spaghetti and a little Italian bread. The pizza was very good (we ordered extra cheese) and had lots of very tasty cheese and good sauce (which seemed to get better as it cooled) the pizza came very hot like it was fresh from the oven. The crust was a little thick for my taste but that is more of an opinion and really didn't detract from the pizza at all. The best part about this meal was that I was able to eat from the comfort of my hotel room a meal of a quality I would normally reserve for a restaurant. Don't let the name fool you, airways pizza is great Italian food, with a cute name.

1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We ordered delivery to our hotel near LaGuardia twice during our three night stay. The food arrived quickly and was still hot upon arrival. The menu is extensive, something for everyone. We tried pizza, grilled chicken salad, calzones, garlic knots, and two different types of heroes. All were enjoyed by our family.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We had a flight from LaGuardia Airport and had a few hours to kill. We drove and "stumbled" into this pizza place. I ordered a couple slices and sat down to eat.

The sauce was much different than any other sauce I've ever tasted. This was probably the best pizza I ever had. Although the crust was a little thin, one would expect that on a per slice pizza pie.

The people were really nice, and they even had someone there to take your tray away when you were finished. I don't mean to overrate a pizza shop, but it truly was a great place. It's a shame I live in Florida, because I will probably never return here again - unfortunately.