“lots of airplanes”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Charleston, South Carolina
“lots of airplanes”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Nice hotel, to close to the airport. I thought some of the jets were landing on the roof. However a short walk and you will find a nice restaurant/ bar. Joeys has great food and good service. Parking is free but not much of it. They had a full breakfast and for New York the price wasn't bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel, preferably in the basement.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank kevin48_10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I am so frustrated that the room smells like sticky body odor! I even went to the Walgreens up the road to buy Lysol! Using that didn't cover the stench! Carpet should be pulled up! The neighborhood is ugly! The front desk staff is fantastic but their friendliness can't change a smelly room! Never again!

• Stayed July 2014

Travelers are raving about these East Elmhurst hotels

Mill City, Oregon
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Comfort Inn at LaGuardia is adequate for a night. It has good access to LGA, although due to some confusion, it took an unfortunate 45 minutes for the shuttle to pick me up. I had a basement level room with only small windows up against the ceiling. The hotel was full and I was a late arrival; I expect that rooms on other floors would be more comfortable. The location is urban and not anywhere I'd want to venture out into alone at night, but daytime transfers to local public transport I expect would be fine. The standard of my small room was up to Comfort Inn standards with a clean room, comfortable bed, good sheets and towels. It was very expensive for the accommodation provided, but that's just the way it is when staying close to an airport in NYC. The breakfast buffet was fine, although the room that it was served in was very small and did not provide adequate seating. Guests brought food back to their room to eat.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a basement level room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2014

After a 10 hour drive from Quebec we were delighted with the warm welcome we received. Very nice staff. Very helpful.

We had 2 rooms on the second floor. The rooms are small with lots of furniture. Everything but the carpet looked newly remodeled or painted. The beds were comfy and the linens really nice. Made for a quiet comfy sleep.

Parking behind the building was easy and free. Our car rental place (Enterprise) was right next door. Super handy!

Handy shuttle (5 minutes to the airport).

Breakfast in the lobby balcony was fresh, clean and handy too.

Hotel location is in a very commercial, industrial area. No restaurants, stores, etc. Not a place you would want to walk around in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
abilene
Reviewed June 14, 2014

First trip...Visited New York with 13 yr old granddaughter. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. The room was clean but the carpet could use a good shampoo. It was very close to the bus stop to go to Manhatten. Returning from Manhatten and walking back to motel at night seemed very safe.

Room Tip: Good place to stay if you don't want to pay $$$$ in Manhatten. Its a nice trip bus/subway from h...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My stay in this hotel was unplanned, but nonetheless, it was more than satisfactory. My flight from LaGuardia airport was cancelled, and I had to find a hotel to stay for the night, and this hotel was one of the only affordable hotels nearby that had empty rooms. I paid 147$ for one night, which I guess is quite cheap for in the NY area, especially if you take into account that I haven't booked in advance.

Here are the things that I liked about the hotel:
1. It's located closely to the airport (only 10mins drive). In addition, the hotel has a free shuttle service that takes the customer from and to the airport. The drivers of the shuttle are very kind and friendly, and one of them even was kind enough to give me a ride to a nearby shopping area.
2. The bed is very comfortable and big, I had my best sleep ever on it (I attached a picture of it).
3. The hotel provides soaps, shampoos, and tooth brushes. That helped me a lot, as my luggage reached the final destination before I did..
4. There's a desk with a desk lamp, on which one can work.

Things that I liked less:
1. There's a cemetery just near the hotel. It felt kind of creepy when I found that out in the morning.
2. The food of the breakfast didn't taste very fresh.
3. The lighting in the room isn't very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Arrived late to lagaurdia called for the shuttle at 11:50pm. The shuttle never came and when I called front desk again they said the driver drove through once and didn't see us, so he left. Said driver went home because shuttle service ended at midnight. We had to take a taxi at our expense.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Aaron T
ComfortInnLaGuardia, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Aaron T:

Thank you for taking the time to review our Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport Hotel.
Your satisfaction is very important to us, I'm so sorry our shuttle did not picked you up. I already had a talk to our drivers and front desk about this matter so it won't happen to our future guests.
Thank you again for your comments.
Carlos Lindao
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
#9 of 12 in East Elmhurst
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott

Been to Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St? Share your experiences!