“Warm welcome”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Miami, Florida
“Warm welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

After a 10 hour drive from Quebec we were delighted with the warm welcome we received. Very nice staff. Very helpful.

We had 2 rooms on the second floor. The rooms are small with lots of furniture. Everything but the carpet looked newly remodeled or painted. The beds were comfy and the linens really nice. Made for a quiet comfy sleep.

Parking behind the building was easy and free. Our car rental place (Enterprise) was right next door. Super handy!

Handy shuttle (5 minutes to the airport).

Breakfast in the lobby balcony was fresh, clean and handy too.

Hotel location is in a very commercial, industrial area. No restaurants, stores, etc. Not a place you would want to walk around in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
abilene
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

First trip...Visited New York with 13 yr old granddaughter. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. The room was clean but the carpet could use a good shampoo. It was very close to the bus stop to go to Manhatten. Returning from Manhatten and walking back to motel at night seemed very safe.

Room Tip: Good place to stay if you don't want to pay $$$$ in Manhatten. Its a nice trip bus/subway from h...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My stay in this hotel was unplanned, but nonetheless, it was more than satisfactory. My flight from LaGuardia airport was cancelled, and I had to find a hotel to stay for the night, and this hotel was one of the only affordable hotels nearby that had empty rooms. I paid 147$ for one night, which I guess is quite cheap for in the NY area, especially if you take into account that I haven't booked in advance.

Here are the things that I liked about the hotel:
1. It's located closely to the airport (only 10mins drive). In addition, the hotel has a free shuttle service that takes the customer from and to the airport. The drivers of the shuttle are very kind and friendly, and one of them even was kind enough to give me a ride to a nearby shopping area.
2. The bed is very comfortable and big, I had my best sleep ever on it (I attached a picture of it).
3. The hotel provides soaps, shampoos, and tooth brushes. That helped me a lot, as my luggage reached the final destination before I did..
4. There's a desk with a desk lamp, on which one can work.

Things that I liked less:
1. There's a cemetery just near the hotel. It felt kind of creepy when I found that out in the morning.
2. The food of the breakfast didn't taste very fresh.
3. The lighting in the room isn't very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Arrived late to lagaurdia called for the shuttle at 11:50pm. The shuttle never came and when I called front desk again they said the driver drove through once and didn't see us, so he left. Said driver went home because shuttle service ended at midnight. We had to take a taxi at our expense.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Aaron T
ComfortInnLaGuardia, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Aaron T:

Thank you for taking the time to review our Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport Hotel.
Your satisfaction is very important to us, I'm so sorry our shuttle did not picked you up. I already had a talk to our drivers and front desk about this matter so it won't happen to our future guests.
Thank you again for your comments.

Travelers are raving about these East Elmhurst hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I don't know why people would expect to have a large hotel room in NYC. The size of our room was just fine for the two of us! It smelled clean and fresh and very cozy. The staff was friendly and the shuttle service even took us to the closest subway line in the morning (we walked back in the evening). Perfect hotel price and stay for just outside NYC.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Together4ever10
Dear together4ever10:

Your satisfaction is very important to us and is so delightful to hear such a pleasant review. I will share your comment with the staff.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Room was small and old. Plus, someone had must have smoked in it and they were trying to clean/hide smell with air freshner.
The walls and windows did not block any of the sound of airplanes taking off and the hotel must be sitting on end of runway.
Breakfast room was too small for number of people.
However, the breakfast room was nothing compared with the shuttle to the airport. They packed seven people and luggage into a van with seats for five!

Room Tip: Ask if they have a side that is quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank bTravels_13
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had a layover and had a flight the next day out of LaGuardia. This location was what I expected. The price was fair, and it had a decent breakfast in the morning. I wasn't a huge fan of the coffee, plus it ran out and I didn't want to wait for the next pot. Check-in was quick, friendly and no issues.

As much as the rooms are no smoking, one of the rooms we had still smelt some residual smoke from when I guess it used to allow smoking. Might be time to clean the carpets, or if it is in the walls. I am not sure, but that wasn't pleasant.

The shuttle to the airport involved little wait, was quick and friendly.

For dinner, the area around kinda looked a little sparse, so we ordered in. No issues there. Overall, a good place to crash overnight when you have a flight the next morning.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
ComfortInnLaGuardia, Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Yauza16:

Thank you for taking the time to review our Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport Hotel

Your satisfaction is very important to us and I'm very sorry we did not meet your expectations. we will use your comments to better our service to future guest.

Sincerely

Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
#9 of 12 in East Elmhurst
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott

Been to Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St? Share your experiences!