“Cozy and clean with a good shuttle service”

Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Austin, Texas
“Cozy and clean with a good shuttle service”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This a small but clean Comfort Inn. I was only there for an overnight stay to catch a flight to Bermuda the next day. It is smaller than the average Comfort Inn for sure. We were on the second floor with a view of the parking lot. Not a great view but it was quiet and with the windows closed you didn't hear much airport noise even though it is very close to LGA. It doesn't have much room to move around but there was enough room to store our suitcases. The bathroom is also kind of tight but was clean and had plenty of hot water. The mirror gets foggy very quick so I would leave the door cracked open. The bed is actually comfortable and the TV was okay as well. The continental breakfast is okay. The waffles were good at least. The shuttle was very efficient and I guess we were lucky since we left at 11am when the shuttle was still running. The front desk people were not very talkative but they were polite and we were checked in quickly without any problems. This isn't as luxurious as most Comfort Inn but it works fine for short stays when you want to be close to LGA.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing parking lot are quieter with less road noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear David,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our on-line survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Property CHI
Carlos Lindao
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport
718-779-1100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Santa Fe
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Good: This is a decent Comfort Inn for an overnight stay very close to LGA. Located in a short block between 23 Ave. and Astoria Blvd, the location is directly under a flight path to a runway. With windows closed and A/C on, noise is not a problem. Rooms are on the small side, but comfortable with standard Comfort Inn amenities. The continental breakfast includes waffles, sausage, overcooked bacon, and an East Asian variant of fried eggs. The location is a block away from 82nd St. bus stops, where, depending on schedule, you can go to LGA terminals, the Jackson Heights #7 subway, and the Astoria Blvd. N and W elevated lines.

Bad: This hotel is not a good place to plan visits and tours of Manhattan. Although possible, public transportation from here is cumbersome and time consuming. In addition, the availability of restaurants in walking proximity close to the hotel is very limited, and the neighborhood raises some safety concerns when walking about at night. The hotel's shuttle pickup service to/from LGA is unreliable, and unavailable in the late evening and very early morning. Taxi service from LGA to the hotel is very expensive ($20) considering the short distance, and Manhattan-based drivers will have difficulty finding this close-by establishment. Getting a cab from the hotel to LGA will be close to impossible, although one could try taking a city bus to LGA.

Churtzpah: The hotel is right next to the Enterprise Car Rent station for LGA. One could take the Enterprise pick-up from LGA terminals, get off at the rental office, and walk next door to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

It is our pleasure to welcome you to Comfort Inn LGA. Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, we know you have a variety of hotels to choose from. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service at a value conscious price.

If at any time you have a suggestion on how to improve our service to you, please just let us know.

We want you to enjoy every day of every stay so we pledge to your our service guarantee. The professional and friendly staffs at (Hotel Name) are committed to making your stay both enjoyable and comfortable.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport again. We trust your stay will be enjoyable and hope that you continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future. We look forward to serving you on your next trip. Thank you.
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Cozy=small
I booked through trip advisor really late one night after my flight got into NY pretty late.
It was kind of an emergency to book, so after everything by JFK was sold out, this place had a smoke free room.
The value wasn't the greatest in terms of cost and the hotel isn't very close to LGA, but it was available.
I didn't get to take advantage of the free wifi as my phone and iPad never quite synced up. I also never did get the continental breakfast.
The room however was clean, rather cozy(tiny) and pretty quiet being right off the front of the hotel. Bathroom was a tight squeeze but again, it offered relief. The bed was actually more comfortable than I thought it would be.
Hotel offers parking for free, but it's a lil tight as well. Decent for a night or two (max) of relief.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tanda3
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

Property CHI
Anil Lala
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport
718-779-1100
Lake Wales, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The room was so small, I thought that I would have to stand up to sleep. Very little room for luggage space and the bathroom had not been clearned properly. The reservation desk was manned by an adult man and his young son. We had great difficulty understanding what the adult had to say and the youngster would repeat it for us so that we did understand. The front desk showed no interest in pleasing us with a repeated request concerning the timing of the shuttle to La Guardia. Just the money, please . . . . . . .

Room Tip: As far as I could tell, all the rooms are very, very small.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

I'm concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Anil Lala
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I expected so much worse from this property but I was definitely surprised!

LOCATION
This hotel is about 5 to 7 minutes from the LaGuardia airport, literally. They have a FREE shuttle that will pick you up. They have shuttle hours on their website, my mom and I had no problem getting transportation outside of those hours. Just call the front desk when you get your luggage. But if you can't get the shuttle for whatever reason, there are buses that go straight there. It sits on 83rd street which is a small side street right off Astoria, a main street. Very close to buses, a car wash, and a strip mall area with a Dunkin Donuts, Popeyes, Little Ceasar's, T Mobile, a Chinese food restaurant, and some other stores/restaurants. At night, that street gets dark so be careful when walking.

PROPERTY
This is a small hotel. Small lobby. Small elevator. Small breakfast room. Small rooms. But guess what.....IT'S NEW YORK!!!!!!! Alot of the hotels in NY have small rooms! So with that out of the way, this place is very bare bones. They have FREE Wifi, but its strongest on the 1st floor. There's FREE breakfast every morning with DIY waffles, hot food choices, bagels, breads, muffins, fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, cream of wheat, coffee, tea, and juice.There's a few parking spaces and some street parking. Also, free newspapers. That's really about it. Simple, bare bones. The property is kept neat and clean, decor updated. Its nice.

ROOM
Once again, keep in mind, that this is New York, so the rooms will be small, So with that said, the room was small, lol! We had a 1 Queen bed room on the lower level. It had controllable AC/heat, flat screen TV, desk, closet, coffee/tea maker, iron/ironing board, bathroom complete with spacious shower and hair dryer. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The telephone and clock worked well. The room was quiet overall. Had some college kids next door one night, a little noisy then but that's expected. Barely heard the airplanes.

Overall, the hotel is nice. Didn't really have any issues. Just a few bewares:
- The shuttle driver is rude. Didn't open or close our doors. Barely helped with our luggage.
- The hot food choices didn't look appetizing. Couldn't identify it and it looked the same everyday like they just reheat it and put it out.
- They need stronger Wifi
- They need a storage area to hold guests bags when needed.

Other than that, it was good place and I would recommend it!

Room Tip: Lower level is the best
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Keinika
Dear Valuable Guest,

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Sandy, Utah
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I flew into LaGuardia airport late and needed a place to stay with a late shuttle. It fit the bill. The room was cozy, but comfortable and the staff was friendly. Don't expect a recliner or a sofa. They would have to hang from the ceiling. However, everything is fine. I did not eat the breakfast, but heard it was OK. I would easily stay again for a quick night stay. Parking is limited!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jeff H

Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I wish I could rate 3.5 stars - the hotel was definitely above average but not very good! I wanted to stay close to LGA but within a commutable distance to Midtown-Manhattan. One bus and one train would take me to anywhere in Manhattan in less than one hour. Just before my flight, the hotel's shuttle took me to the airport. The room was pretty neat but basic - no amenities like fridge or microwave. The breakfast was decent (I eat neither eggs nor meat) and I would leave for Manhattan after breakfast on all the three days I stayed at this hotel. To come back late in the night and have a sound sleep, this hotel was very ideal. The price for three nights was a little shy of 400 dollars, which was a little expensive given the location and room quality. However, the hotel staff were nice and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shankar S
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Shankar,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA for your recent stay. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, we know you have a variety of hotels to choose from. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service at a value conscious price. Which is why at any time you have a suggestion on how to improve our service to you we take that opportunity to listen.

We want you to enjoy every day of every stay so we pledge to you our service guarantee. Our professional and friendly staffs are committed to making your stay both enjoyable and comfortable.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA again. We hope that you continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Elmhurst
#9 of 12 in East Elmhurst
Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing

Been to Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St? Share your experiences!