I expected so much worse from this property but I was definitely surprised!
This hotel is about 5 to 7 minutes from the LaGuardia airport, literally. They have a FREE shuttle that will pick you up. They have shuttle hours on their website, my mom and I had no problem getting transportation outside of those hours. Just call the front desk when you get your luggage. But if you can't get the shuttle for whatever reason, there are buses that go straight there. It sits on 83rd street which is a small side street right off Astoria, a main street. Very close to buses, a car wash, and a strip mall area with a Dunkin Donuts, Popeyes, Little Ceasar's, T Mobile, a Chinese food restaurant, and some other stores/restaurants. At night, that street gets dark so be careful when walking.
This is a small hotel. Small lobby. Small elevator. Small breakfast room. Small rooms. But guess what.....IT'S NEW YORK!!!!!!! Alot of the hotels in NY have small rooms! So with that out of the way, this place is very bare bones. They have FREE Wifi, but its strongest on the 1st floor. There's FREE breakfast every morning with DIY waffles, hot food choices, bagels, breads, muffins, fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, cream of wheat, coffee, tea, and juice.There's a few parking spaces and some street parking. Also, free newspapers. That's really about it. Simple, bare bones. The property is kept neat and clean, decor updated. Its nice.
Once again, keep in mind, that this is New York, so the rooms will be small, So with that said, the room was small, lol! We had a 1 Queen bed room on the lower level. It had controllable AC/heat, flat screen TV, desk, closet, coffee/tea maker, iron/ironing board, bathroom complete with spacious shower and hair dryer. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The telephone and clock worked well. The room was quiet overall. Had some college kids next door one night, a little noisy then but that's expected. Barely heard the airplanes.
Overall, the hotel is nice. Didn't really have any issues. Just a few bewares:
- The shuttle driver is rude. Didn't open or close our doors. Barely helped with our luggage.
- The hot food choices didn't look appetizing. Couldn't identify it and it looked the same everyday like they just reheat it and put it out.
- They need stronger Wifi
- They need a storage area to hold guests bags when needed.
Other than that, it was good place and I would recommend it!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Choice Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel East Elmhurst
- Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St New York/East Elmhurst