“Simply terrible”

Melbourne, Australia
“Simply terrible”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Where to start
Airport shuttle promised in 5 min. Rang 20min later and said we weren't there. We were
Receptionist attitude poor. Tv and shower didn't work
No food there so ordered takeout. Rang back 1 hour later and told they had been but reception said I wasn't staying there
Planes flying 50 yards above hotel so very noisy
Avoid at all cost

• Stayed December 2012
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

On behalf of Comfort Inn LGA please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay. We appreciate your concerns and would like to thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, we know you have a variety of hotels to choose from. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service at a value conscious price. Which is why at any time you have a suggestion on how to improve our service to you we take that opportunity to listen.

We strive to ensure our guests experience the best stay possible during their travels and your feedback is truly valuable to us. Currently we are making all appropriate changes to ensure a better experience in the future. At this time I would like to inform you all measures have been taken.

We appreciate you sparing your time and bringing this matter to our attention. We sincerely offer our apologies and hope that you will have no further cause for any complaint in the future. We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging need and do look forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Management & Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The first part of my trip was in CT, but I had an early flight out of La Guardia so I decided to get a room close to the airport. This hotel was perfect. While the room was small, that is to be expected in NYC. I was put in a corner room and it was nice. The bed was very comfortable and the room was more than adequate for my needs. It looked like it had recently been updated and everything was tip top.

I arrived around 8 pm, and the evening desk clerk was very helpful. I asked about some places to eat nearby and he was very happy to give me directions to a couple different places within walking distance.

I returned my car to the airport the night before, and was able to walk back to the hotel. At 0500, the desk manager called a shuttle for me and it was there within 10 minutes. The driver of the shuttle was helpful because my e-ticket didn't have which terminal I needed. He knew and got me there.

The only negative I can say, and this doesn't reflect on the hotel necessarily, is that there was some sort of smell in the hallway. I think one of the other patrons was smoking something and it stunk up the hallway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 1967Yankeesfan
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA for your recent stay. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

We want you to enjoy every day of every stay so we pledge to you our service guarantee. Our professional and friendly staffs are committed to making your stay both enjoyable and comfortable.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA again. We hope that you continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future.

AdventureLovers
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Sept 10th for an overnight stay.
Got in late and the people at the reception were very
helpful.The hotel is relatively new and is clean.
As well,the room was not overly large but was adequate.
The hotel was quiet and we never heard any flights taking
of or landing. The breakfast room was nice and breakfast
adequate,and our shuttle service was right on schedule.
Overall,this hotel is close to the airport,it is new,clean,and
the service was fine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AdventureLovers
Dear Valuable Guest,

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Largo, Maryland
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The hotel is fairly new, but had a unique smell when we entered into the hotel. It didn’t reek but it was a strange smell. The rooms are small, but you get what you pay for. Hotel staff was kind. Continental breakfast was not that great. They had old milk in the dispenser. The location of the hotel in quite cramped. Not a lot of room for parking. There is a Pizza shop, liquor store, and a gas station within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SheikaT

San Diego
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed one night in August 2012. I arrived early in the morning knowing I would need to wait for my room. The front desk clerk told me that there were no clean rooms for me, but that he would have a room in an hour, and within 40 minutes I was checked into my room. The hotel lobby is a little tired, but my room was very clean and nicely appointed. It was small but very comfortable. Everything appeared nearly new, nice flat screen T.V., good sized bathroom, and very clean. The standard Comfort Inn breakfast bar. All the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank garbonies
Dear Valued Guest

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to Comfort Inn LGA. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We deeply value your thoughts and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service every stay simply because our guests deserve the very best.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA once again. We hope that you continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future.

College Park, Georgia
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel room was VERY VERY small. It wasn't too bad for a one night stay, but I wouldn't stay here again. The staff was very nice and helpful. If you're looking for a decent place for a night this will work, but if you're looking for something nice I suggest you look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank roadwarrior1982
Dear Valued Guest

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Comfort Inn LGA. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We deeply value your thoughts and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service every stay simply because our guests deserve the very best.

Canada, Kentucky
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I arrived at LGA around midnight. Down in baggage claim there is one of those hotel free phone systems that puts you through to participating hotels with the touch of a button. There is a Comfort Inn on this board, but it is NOT the Comfort Inn East Elmhurst. The Comfort Inn Maspeth will give you the switchboard # of the Comfort Inn East Elmhurst, and then you're on your own nickel (50 cents, actually) to phone them.

Once I got through, I was assured that a van would arrive in 10 minutes to get me. Sure enough, 10 minutes later a U-Save van pulled up curbside at the United Airlines arrivals area (NOT at the outer curb where hotel pick-up shuttles are posted to arrive). After collecting me and one customer who was heading over for a car rental at U-Save, we were under way.

I was at the front desk of the Comfort Inn within 10 minutes. Check in was friendly although they forgot to give me the wi fi password (i called down later and got it). The room was clean, except for the carpet, which needs a steam cleaning. Bed was comfortable, and room was quiet.

I'd return if I needed a bed for 8 hours and was arriving late at night in future, if I could get the room for $85 which I did through a 'secret' booking on Travelocity.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

#9 of 12 in East Elmhurst
Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott

Been to Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St? Share your experiences!