“Cozy Hotel”

Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two days, for a concert at Madison Square Garden. I am a avid public transportation user and this hotel was in close distance to public transportation. The Hotel is right across the street from the bus stop. It takes about 40 mins to get from this hotel to Penn Station. From the hotel you can take the Q33 bus to Jackson Heights station and then take the E train to Penn Station. I got a room with a queen size bed. Room was very small but cozy. Perfect for two people on a short stay. Room and bathroom was clean. This hotel offered a free continental breakfast and free wi-fi. For food options there are fast food spots within the vicinity. My overall stay was great, would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SheikaT
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest:

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Management & Staff

Reviewed February 24, 2012

My family stayed here on a recent trip to NY, the room appeared to be clean(except for the carpet) but extremely small. The staff was not friendly at all, we were never told that there was complementary breakfast and when we asked it was around 9:20. We went to the lounge for breakfast and the attendant was clearing everything out not letting us even get a cup of coffee. She was very rude, did not speak english the only thing she kept saying was it's 9:30, it's 9:30.
We needed clean towels and it was like pulling teeth to get them, we were ready to check out a few minutes after 12, the phone rang and the front desk clerk very rudely said, "It's check out time" and hung up.
If you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay in NY with a staff that is rude then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NCBD

Dear Valuable Guest:

I'm concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

im suppose to be checking in on May 26th 2012 and i'll be at Penn Station, will hotel shuttle able to pick me up from penn station??

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank andy5872

Dear Valuable Guest:

We are very sorry about the liners; it is not guest responsibility to make sure the trash can has the bags pursed in. I want to thank you for bringing this matter up, where we had a chance to address our housekeeping staff.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I had reviewed the Comfort Inn-East Elmhurst about a year ago and, at that time, gave it three stars. The hotel was either new or had recently been renovated, and I was impressed or at least satisfied with most of the amenities. I'm sorry to report that, since then, the quality of this hotel has suffered.

On my recent stay, I was first given a room on the second floor. I immediately noticed a very strong and unpleasant chemical oder, undoubtedly from the use of a heavy-duty cleaning product. Next, I saw that the heating unit under the window looked like someone had taken a hammer to it. The front panel was dangling and the control unit was pushed in. I advised the front desk and was told that maintenance wasn't available until the next day, but that I could change rooms if I wanted. Since the heating unit was still operational (despite its battered appearance), I opted to keep the room. That is, until I couldn't stop the water in the toilet from running. Then, when I slipped off my shoes, I discovered that the entire carpet was wet. At that point I took the offer from the front desk clerk for another room, this time on the third floor.

All initially appeared well. No toxic chemical smell, no gurgling toilet and a nice dry carpet. I glanced at the heating unit and was pleased to see that it appeared to be intact. And then I touched it - quite gently, actually - and the entire front cover came tumbling off (see photo attached). But, since it was operational, I decided to let it be and remained with the room (although the thing made such a racket during the night that my sleep was disturbed several times).

On the plus side, the Internet service worked fine, the bed was comfortable and the toilet, shower, etc. all functioned adequately.

A general question that I have: why is it that many establishments such as this seem to have a problem with the plastic linings placed in the waste cans? Invariably, they are stuffed in the cans, but rarely are they "unfurled" (for lack of a better term). Unless I want to stick my hand in to properly line the waste can (a task that I would expect housekeeping to perform), whatever I place in the can actually just sits on top of the liner. Do other travelers experience this little annoyance or am I the only unlucky one? Or (as my wife claims) am I just too fussy?

Room Tip: Better not touch the heater!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank John-David L
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Reviewed January 12, 2012

We spent one night before leaving new york city out of laguardia. Upon review of the other reviews I was not sure what to expect exactly. our room was really small with a very comfy king sized bed and newer flat screen tv. We took the M60 from the city and it drops you off within walking distance of the hotel. I wasn't too sure of the area as it was night time when we arrived and it did not appear to be any kind of restaurants and stores in the area, however the hotel itself appeared secure and it was quiet. We used the shuttle service to the airport and it was a very quick ride however there were quite a few of us waiting for it to come back from the airport and the front desk clerk did not make an effort to call the shuttle despite 7 of us waiting in lobby right in front of him. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are needing quick access to the airport and I am sure it would be okay to stay at for a longer time, although I would be a little uneasy about taking the bus to the area late a night when commuting from the city. We did not use the free breakfast that was included with our stay, however the morning we left it smelled as though someone had cooked toast!

We had a very noisy heater in our room and ended up shutting it off in the middle of the night. I did not find the room drafty.

Room Tip: Check your heater before settling in in the event you need to switch rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cookiecutie

Dear Valuable Guest,

Property CHI
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport
718-779-1100

Reviewed January 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I arrived at the Comfort Inn on East Elmhurst mid-afternoon with great aniticipation, being that it was our first trip to the "Big Apple" together. The front desk clerk was unpleasant and seemed sleep deprived. We settled into the room and it appeared decent at first sight. However two days after being there I looked in my backpack and discovered my sealed bag of sunflower seeds had been chewed up. I also noticed what appeared to be rodent droppings in the bag. Needless to say we were freaked out, after the discovery a number of things took place, but what overshadows the event of finding evidence of a rodent is the way we were treated afterwards. Members of the staff made inappropriate remarks and behaved as if we brought the rodent into their establishment. I would not recommend this hotel to a dead dog.

Room Tip: Beware the rooms already occupied by the rodents that live there. If you choose to stay at this poo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Octavia M

Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife and I were stuck overnight on returning from a Canada/New England cruise due to the late 2011 October freak snow storm. We were able to book ourselves into the Comfort Inn near LaGuardia. The airport shuttle came in about 15 minutes. When we arrived we had been given a room on "C" level. This level is partially underground. The room was clean and the fixtures in the room and the bathroom plus the carpet all appeared to have been recently replaced. However, we were under the airport flight pattern (noisy). Also, while the room was recently renovated, the window which revealed that we were half underground had not be finished. The window coverings were nice but the insulation around the window had not been completely replaced. The air came in freely around the window so we stuffed the cracks with paper and wash cloths. We asked for a different room but were told that the place was full. We would have been satisfied with the room and the price if the renovations had been completed.

Room Tip: Be sure you ask for a room that is not on the "C" level.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Ibis Styles New York Laguardia Airport
2 mi away
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens

Been to Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St? Share your experiences!