Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Avoid”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Landing late into LaGuardia and not wanting to travel into the city, I chose to stay at the Comfort Inn next to the airport. While it was cheap, it wasn't worth low cost.
Problems:
1) I called to get the shuttle and it took 40 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. It only takes 5 minutes to get from the airport to Comfort Inn.
2) The shower didn't work. I had my first bath in years. LOL
3) The free breakfast pastries were stale.

The staff was friendly but I won't be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I stayed at this hotel because my usual hotel I use when flying out of La Guardia was full. This hotel is near La Guardia, but in an odd location on kind of a side street. The hotel has a very small parking lot of about 12 spaces which were full when I arrived. This is NY - come on! At least provide parking for a hotel guest. I had to park down the street in a questionable area and was worried about my car all night. I asked for an upstairs room but was given first floor which I did not like. Also, there is not a fitness center in this hotel and it is not in an area you would walk by yourself at night.
The room was clean but was about the smallest hotel room I have been in for a long time. I could not open my suitcase on the floor. The bathroom was tiny - and had a sink with no vanity so good luck putting in your contacts or anything. The toilet was like a commercial airport toilet with no lid so you could not use that either.
I did not bother with the breakfast - I figured I would get better food at the airport so I cannot tell you about this. They do have wireless internet and I had no problems with getting a connection or using the internet.
I doubt I would stay here again unless it was my only choice. Pay a little more and go to the Marriott or the Hampton Inn - they have parking and a gym.
There is not a restaurant close either other than a Dunkin Donuts so eat before you check in as there will be little choice within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nanpacific
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2011

After an amazing five-night stay in Manhattan, our flight home out of LaGuardia was cancelled at the last minute. Desperate for some sleep, we thought we'd try this place.

The room we received was in the basement. Not completely underground ... but below grade. It was dirty: stained carpets, stained bed spread, hair all over the washroom, etc.

This prompted me to inspect the mattress. A quick check revealed three dead bed bugs along the seam on one side of the bed. At that point, we decided to leave and take our chances with a night at the airport.

As we were leaving the room, a cockroach scurried across the floor and under the garbage bin. Seriously.

We demanded our money back. The front desk staff was apologetic and courteous and we caught the next shuttle back to LaGuardia where we slept on the floor.

The floor at LaGuardia = better than this place. Don't stay here ... and if you do, maybe ask for an above-ground room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 162Traveller
Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I generally don't stay at the Comfort Inn unless I get stuck at an airport due to weather. These places aren't fancy, but they tend to be available, and provide a bed and they aren't expensive. This place certainly fits that bill. A very tiny room - I'm thinking maybe 135 sq. feet, smelly lobby, just one vending maching with some drinks and crackers. But, the van came and got us, we paid around $130 which ain't bad on no notice in NYC, and free breakfast.

Keep your expectations really really low and hopefully you can get a decent night's sleep.

Room Tip: May be able to get something better if you book in advance.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank doctorgooz
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2011

From the moment I checked in, the staff was helpful and courteous. I would
absolutely recommend this to anyone who is looking for something close to LGA
and enjoys fresh blueberry waffles to start their day off!

Room Tip: Book on ChoiceHotels.com
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Mystic, Connecticut
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I dont like to diss a place unless its deserved. Checked in late last night after an all day flight. Tiiiny room, dirty bed covers (yeah it looked like some you know what) and an AC that pumped out hot air. The friendly desk guy tried to fix it twice bit we had to turn it off and sleep with our street level window open. Guy said he would have moved us but the hotel was totally full. Also they dont/ cant call yellow taxis for a ride into manhattan so had to do a 45$ town car. Nice free airport shittle though. Sorry, my stay here sucked.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Z L
Philadelphia
Reviewed May 6, 2011

This was a pretty basic hotel. Definitely nothing fancy. The rooms were very small, but I think this is probably typical of New York. The staff was nice.
It was pretty clean, although there were some stains on the carpet. The bathroom was clean.
The free continental breakfast was a nice perk. The parking lot does not have quite enough spots in it for every room, but there was room the night we stayed as well as street parking right in front of the hotel.
The showers were a bit weird. We could not figure out how to switch the tub to shower...it's a little hidden ring around the tub faucet.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
#9 of 12 in East Elmhurst
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott

Been to Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St? Share your experiences!