“RUN....RUN AWAY!”

LaGuardia Airport Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Horrible service. The front desk did not honor the price that the reservation agent promised. The shuttle was delayed. Check in took over 2 hours...I had an easier time buying a new home! Angela at the desk was horrid and made me cry. The rooms were adequate at best. I asked for help with directions and ended up in the bronx! The bathroom was not cleaned prior to my arrival. I went to the front desk early in the morning and it was like a ghost town, there was nobody to assist me, or the other 4 people standing there. You would be better of sleeping in the airport than staying at this establishment!! RUN!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed July 31, 2010

Room quite wide, TV old, a good LCD would have been a good improvement. Room and bathroom quite clean, though the carpet in the passage looks quite old and not that clean. Hotel staff quite friendly. Good plus of this hotel is its free internet. I spent only one night before catching another plane at La Guardia airport. Hotel shuttle van quite handy as the hotel is minutes away from the airport. Not much to do around, this hotel is good if you have to catch a plane the next day at La Guardia airport

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I booked this hotel over a month ago based on the price and location to the airport and Citi Field. I called the hotel a couple of weeks ago to confirm they had a room with 2 beds as there were 4 people. When I got to the hotel to check in they had us in a room with a king. To change to a room with 2 double beds I was charged an extra $20 and since I was only staying 1 night I couldn't walk away. The staff are not the friendliest and the hotel carpets are absolutely filthy.
The non-smoking room we are in has an mildew smell to it that can be over powering. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone and would advise to spend a few extra bucks to stay elsewhere as it would be worth it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We had a death in the family and had to book a quick trip. The other hotels in the area were cost prohibitive for a family of four adults, my wife and I and two adult children. So we went on Priceline.com and made a deal for two rooms at 90.00 bucks each room. Our intial reaction was the place needed some sprucing up. One room smelled of cigarette smoke, although it was a non-smoking room, the other room had a torn carpet and a leaky toilet. The elevator air conditioner didn't work and both rooms were facing the noisey expressway. All that being said, the front desk personnel were very pleasant and were very accommodating. Oh, forgot to mention, the parking is 18.00 dollars a day. My last visit I stayed at the Hampton Inn a much better facilty. But the price there this trip was beyond my budget. If you're looking for inexpensive with no frills..this is it. A romantic honeymoon getaway...not so much.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 16, 2010

After missing a flight I looked for a hotel not too expensive, with a shuttle to and from the airport. This was perfect! The shuttle was not real quick in picking us up but friendly and runs every 1/2 hour in the daytime. The restaurant was open until 10pm and the staff very accomodating. My room had a king bed, very comfortable, and it was completely quiet. No frills, but it IS at the airport after all - and it is 1/3 of the price of the name hotels right down the road.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Our room was conveniently located, but there were certainly no frills here. We were missing a light bulb, so no light; carpets were burned and dingy; the bed was not terribly comfortable but seemed to be bed bug free (fingers crossed); we did not get our wake up call - good thing we are paranoid and had a back up alarm set. I think we would stay again in a pinch, but only if we were pretty desperate.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2010

the hotel is nice , the room are big and it is free wireless internet thats cool ,room are clean and they lets ud check in early parking for 18 dollars a day ,they just need to paint the outside wall make look the hotel ugly and old nice views of new york

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple