LaGuardia Airport Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed February 20, 2009

We recently had to spend a few hours in this Hotel as our BA flight from London to Miami was cancelled and as we were due to join a cruise from Ft Lauderdale the next day BA managed to get us to JFK where we had to book Delta flights the next day to Ft Lauderdale. BA booked us into this Hotel to get some sleep!! We didn't check in until 02.30 and had to be back to La Guardia Airport at 05.00 to catch the 07.05 Delta flight to Ft Lauderdale. Room was extremely shabby, the bathroom door was falling off it's hinges and although the front desk had been refurbished it doesn't look as though the rooms had been touched for many years., Would I stay there out of choice? no not in a thousand years.

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank Raymondo111

Reviewed December 20, 2008

I stayed here with my daughter in November 2008 for a girls trip to NYC. The hotel provided free shuttle service to and from the airport as well as the local bus stop. This enabled us to get into the city without any problems. The hotel isn't new, but it was clean with very good amenties. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank lex_vegas
Reviewed November 24, 2008

I was a bit nervous about this hotel at first. A "no-name brand" hotel in New York - it was bound to be terrible. I was SO WRONG! For the price, this is a little hotel that can and does impress. Not so much for ambiance or added features or extras, but in the personality and friendliness of the staff. A+++

I am a very particular and considered a "high maintenance" individual, so there was reason to be concerned about a "cheap" hotel that was less than 1 mile from LaGuardia Airport and only 9 miles from Mid-Town Manhattan. The digs are nice. Sure, it's not as pristine at a Hyatt but at 1/4 of the price - I can deal with that.

The room was clean - the staff....AMAZINGLY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL, the ammenities were decent (hey - they even gave "RUSK" products in the bathroom!)

Overall - if you are looking for a decent place to stay (and c'mon how much time do you really spend in the room in NYC??) that is affordable...this is your place!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jpb2525
Reviewed November 4, 2008

At first I was tentative about this hotel because of the fantastic price- 60 through Expedia- and its proximity to the LaGuardia Airport, but I was very pleasantly surprised! The staff as all very friendly- I have no idea how many times I had to call for directions, and each time they were exceedingly helpful. The lobby was nice and clean. The room and bath were very clean and spacious. I second a previous review- the Chinese food that delivers to the hotel is awesome! There is a convenient car service, as well as shuttle from the airport.

Pros- Almost everything
Cons- slightly difficult to get to

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank onedaymore
Reviewed October 31, 2008

I like to stay in this hotel because of the price and the fairly clean rooms. Hotel attendants are all very kind and helpful. The only thing I felt sorry about was that the bathtub was clogged because i think it was people's hair, and it was disgusting. It never get fixed during my 3 night long stay. Also they billed the same movie twice. What happened was that I didn't watch the beginning part of the movie because i was doing something else, but when i got back and tried to watch it from the beginning, it didn't let me replay the movie from the beginning. After the first round, when I press the button to replay, the TV screen said no charge to replay-- $0.00, then all of a sudden when i was checking out, i saw the movie was billed twice. If I had known that I was gonna be billed twice, i would have never done that. I was little upset. Also don't ask the counter for the taxi, because what they get you is not a yellow-cab, and it's gonna charge you double or more the amount what you'd pay for yellow cab travel. And the neighborhood is not so safe. There's no supermarket or any grocery store nearby. If you are traveling alone, walking around the neighborhood by yourself for food or bus could be dangerous. There's a hotdog vendor in front of the hotel, but I mean what kind of a girl likes to eat that kind of food??

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank NewYorkLove
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I had a 6 AM flight out of LaGuardia so I chose to spend the night near the airport on my recent trip. I booked online at the relatively low rate of $139 a night, whereas the other hotels in the area were charging way more than that. When I entered my room, I bent down to plug in the wall lamp and noticed that the carpet was damp. It was wettest near the air conditioner but the rest of the carpet was a bit damp too. I figured the unit had leaked so I called the front desk and they apologized, told me to come downstairs and they'd give me another room. The second room had a similar problem--the carpet near the AC was wet although in this room at least the rest of the carpet was dry. Since I was only staying here one night and I was tired I decided I didn't care, but it was obvious they were having some kind of problem with the AC units. Other than that, the room was fine. It was clean and more spacious than I expected it to be. I had booked the Executive Room; it had a king size bed, armoire with TV, desk and armchair. There were nice toiletries in the bathroom. Surprisingly I didn't hear any airplanes, but my room faced the highway so I did hear the steady hum of traffic; I had forgotten to ask for a room facing the back street. I don't know if they have public computers; there is a cafe that serves breakfast, but I left before it opened. There were free newspapers in the lobby and the front desk has beverages and snacks for sale. The free airport shuttle begins operating at 4:40 am which gave me plenty of time to get to my gate; the airport is just a few minutes away. All in all, in spite of the water problem I would try this place again if I got a similar room rate.

Stayed: September 2008
3  Thank ChelseaGirl98
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I booked this hotel on priceline so I didn't know exactly what I was getting until I arrived.

The lobby is nice and inviting, but that is where it ends. The hallway to get to get to the room had stained walls and stained carpet. There is a distinct odor throughout the hotel.

The room was clean, but also had a strong odor. The bathroom plumbing was a major problem. The sink wouldn't drain quickly and the shower and toliet clogged as well. The carpet in the room could best be described as spongy. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls in both the bathroom and the sleeping space.

This hotel is in need a major renovation. We paid $150 per night for this place and honestly it was worth about $75 per night.

My recommendation; stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple