“Bad service not worth price. Don't recommend”

and 1 more site!
LaGuardia Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
“Bad service not worth price. Don't recommend”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I choice this hotel because I had a lay over flight the next day, when I got at the LaGaudia airport I did not find any courtesy phone which the telephone representative of LaGaurdia Aiport Hotel told me there would be one. Thank God there was an Airport employee nice enough to call the hotel from his cell phone to pick me up and my 16 year old daughter but the hotel hung up 2 time and the 3rd time they told him that the shuttle will pick us up inside the Aiport . Not convenced my daughter & I started walking around & flag down the shuttle. FYI the shuttle employee very rude. We finally got to the hotel at about 10:30. We had to wait at the reception for about 30 minutes before we checked in.

I reserved a month ago directly with the hotel for a non smokers room & I got a smokers room which stunk. The bed sheets smelled as if it where not washed. The TV remotr was broken. I asked for a wake up call at 5:30 am to catch my fight and I never got it but I got up by chance and caught my flight in time. When I told the receptionist about my experience he did not seem to care.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place is in desperate need of an upgrade and a clean. Our flights were cancelled and in a panic we booked the closest place to the airport. I would have paid the extra money to stay further away in a nicer place. The reception staff are lovely and the lobby area is fine but the rooms are out of the 80's and loud. There was a very flustered staff member on the bar who kept telling everyine how busy he was and how there were flights cancelled and it took him an hour to take our food order. It wasnt busy at all there were hardly any people there. It was literally Fawlty Tours. Never again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank pdaly05
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We needed to park at LGA for 10 days, and the rate for one night stay + 10 days of parking was cheaper than just parking in the LGA parking lots. We didn't expect much, but got a large clean room with free WiFi, free breakfast, and a free shuttle to the airport in the morning. Breakfast was very good, and included hot cooked oatmeal. We will definitely stay there again if we fly out of LGA.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank zTraveler26
Charlotte Amalie, null, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2013

great location near the LGA airport. free shuttle. See Rocco for some great advice.....very personable and friendly.. Had a nice time. see times square.. have a drink, take the subway they have a route listing that was very good. nice experience.. the weather could have nicer bit it was grat to see times square. .

Room Tip: No Pool or Spa so I just marked average.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bones U
Colchester, Vermont
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Step back in time for a retro hotel but great staff - it's been a while since I have been to a hotel that has a tube type TV - it reminded me of a couple of decades ago! Tube TV, fuzzy TV picture reception - what a hoot! Also, I would think that in today's day and age a hotel entrance would not have a double step down once you enter. Perhaps there is an entrance for handicapped people, but it may have been indignantly off to the side. It has also been a couple of decades ago since I was warned about my cell phone disturbing the hotel key card - so that was another eye brow raiser - and go figure - it did mess up my card and I had to get a replacement!

Free WiFi! "Wow!" I hear you say...but be warned, the connection speed was PAINFULLY slow and I believe dial up would have been faster - but what computers these days have dial up??? See picture attached.

This all said, but I must say, the service here was very excellent. The front desk check in experience was smooth and fast, the gal very had a great disposition and provided helpful answers to all my questions. The bartender was quick on the draft draw and very kind too. In the morning, the room cleaning service did not disturb me to rush me out but when met in the hallway, politely greeted me and asked if I needed anything (<- Thanks!).

Overall, the convenience of this hotel to LGA was awesome as this was an unexpected stay due to UAL technical issues on my flight home (don't get me started!) and one last note - there is a hotel shuttle (free!) that was timely and speedy.

So step back, enjoy a decent night's sleep and enjoy the "retro" feel to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Parker, Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Best Waitress i ever seen in my Life because She does everything from Tending the Bar, Serving over 25 people, She stays so pleasant and talking to people at the bar, and we think that she should get a large raise, She was the Bus Boy, She got all the Food and all the Checks, and stayed totally pleasant, and Her Boss Rocco kept up with the Food and her Boyfriend should marry her or he's going to lose a great person

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here for a week to spend New Year's Eve in New York and this hotel was a bargain! The room was very clean and even when the hotel is quite far from Times Square they have an excellent shuttle service that takes you to the bus stop and from there you can make it to Times Square very easily. The only things that, in my opinion, will make it even better is to add more hot items to their breakfast and provide an in-room safe. Everything else is just great! Will definitely consider to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple