New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport

Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Atlanta, Georgia
“Just what it needs to be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The Hampton Inn at LGA is exactly what it needs to be as an airport hotel; clean, efficient and convenient. The airport shuttle runs every 20 minutes from the lobby and begins its trips at 4am. The shuttle ride is 5 minutes to the airport terminals. No problems during my stay. Highly recommend for those quick turnarounds at LGA.

• 5 of 5 stars
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Ramblingagain,
Thank you for staying with us and for providing in detail the efficiency of our shuttle service to and from LGA Airport. Thank you for highly recommending our hotel to our TripAdvisor Community..

Your friends at Hampton Inn LGA,
suela.kacani@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Rochester, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The shuttle service is excellent for getting to and from the airport. Drivers could be a bit more friendly and helpful but the actual service is great! Hotel desk staff is friendly and very helpful. The rooms are great but difficult to figure out the heating and cooling system. Eating will be expensive. The resturant options were linited and spendy (any basic hamburger over $12 is expensive). Ordering from a local delivery is almost as bad. The hotle breakfast should start eariler for those catching 6:00 am flights...

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear James R,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback with our future guests. We are glade to see that you appreciate the complimentary shuttle to and from the airport. Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our staff. I will make sure our staff reads the review.

McLean, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stay in this hotel for a vacation after 19 years without visiting NY. I drove from Orlando to NY so it was a long drive. We plan to get to the hotel aroun 2 pm but the drive was not that bad so we got to the hotel aroun 10 am. I knew it was early so I proceed to go to the front desk and ask them if they had any room available at that time. They told me since they were busy with the US open they could not get me a room at this moment. I told them it was ok with me to wait for the room but I really want it a high floor since we were so close to the airport. The front desk agent told me it was ok. I told him I was heading to bryant park, so I was about to spent the rest of the evening there then I was going back to the hotel.While I was in NY city I lost my car keys I was so angry and sad because there was nothing I couldnt do to get my keys back since I lost them on the train. I got to the hotel aroun 7pm and for my surprise my room was not ready. He told me that the housekeeping supervisor was inspecting my room. When I asked him what was the room number he told me it was on the second floor. I gave them more than 6 hours to have a room ready for me and when I get there they dont even place me ina high floor. I went to the room disdsapointed and tired from the long day and long drive I got from Orlando. I was already mad specially when I didnt have my car keys to take my luggage out of my car. All my clothes and personal items were in my car. By the time I get to my room I saw the housekeeping supervisor (I assume) getting out of the room. She say the room is ok and walked away. She dont even present herself. Once I got into the room I realize the sheets were dirty with a yellow stain. I call the Front desk and they send a different housekeeping from Dominican republic. She was so nice, I explain to her the whole situationwith the key and she even borught us water and chocolates, tooth brush and tooth paste. I was really appreciated for her gesture. She change our linen so I was happy with her. The funn part is when I decide to clean my pants since I did not have the luggage with me and Iron my dirty pants(lol) When i use the iron i burn my pant, I proceed to call the Front Desk and they send a houseman I guess because did not say nothing just here is your iron. I proceed to show him the pants and he told me very serious that I should use bleach to clean the stain. At that moment I just laugh. I just decide to call a friend so he could it bring me some clothes. IN the morning I needed to get a copy of my key so my dealership send a towing truck to take my car out of the parking and take it to the dealership in order to make the copy for me. I left the car in the dealrdhip for the day since i could not pay the high amount of r a copy of the key.$300. The next morning I was suppose to check out So i was explainig the front desk agent that I need it a late check out since I didnt have my car with me and I need it for the dealership to have my car ready. I told them I was suppose to be out of the room by 3 pm. The front desk agent( a female blond curly hair) was getting nice but a male jump into the conversation and told me I was not able to get the late check out. I that point I was so mad so I ask to talk to the GM. I talk to the GM and they just gave me points with the hilton honors. I was just dissaponited with the whole experience in the hotel.

Room Tip: Please make sure oyou get the names of the Front desk agents or any employee it seems they do not li...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear rayjavier,
I am very sorry to hear about your long drive from Orlando, as well as the series of events with your check in process. I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff. I can only imagine the frustration with losing your car keys. I am glade to see that you did speak to our GM and if you need anything else do not hesitate to contact myself or the GM directly.

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night in November. Got in after a long day, wanted to clean up before dinner. Went to use ironing board, metal leg broken in half, shower door handle broke off in my hand, and no hot water. After 14 mins, it was just warm enough to stand taking a shower. Disappointing. Front desk staff very attentive and offered a coupon for dinner at hotel next door. Everything fixed by the time I got back, but hot water still lacking the next morning.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear dieseldave9895,
I would like to take the time and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am terribly sorry that you encountered a series of events which made for a disappointing experience. We are happy to see that everything was taken care of promptly when you got back after your dinner, I hope you enjoyed your dinner and we look forward to welcoming you back. Should you need assistance in the future please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Many thanks,
New Bern, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Needing a hotel in this general area, the Hampton Inn had the best reviews and they were well deserved. Although very little free parking is available (we found a free spot after paying for the $15/day adjacent garage), the hotel is clean, easy in & out, provided the typical Hampton Inn b'fast, clean room, free wi-fi, and was actually quiet (which can be unusual for an airport-centric location).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear gibsonshanan,
Thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting the area. We are thrilled to see that you had a fantastic experience as i can see from giving us 5 stars in all areas of review. We thank you for your business and look forward to having you as our guest next time your travels bring you our way.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We ended up having to spend the night in NYC because of an awkward layover. We arrived late and hungry and tired. This new Hampton was convenient to LGA and the shuttle service the next morning was perfect. But, on the downside , the elevators were filthy (as were some of the guests - not the hotels fault ) and that same old tired "breakfast". We were hoping for a late snack when we arrived but nothing immediately in the hotel. The desk people were friendly and helpful . I guess I would stay again in a pinch.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bobby44881,
Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to share your experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are glad your overall stay at our hotel was a pleasant one. We serve breakfast daily, however as a selective service hotel we do not serve lunch or dinner. Our sister hotel next door is open and it is just steps away. Our front desk staff also can direct you to local restaurants as well.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Quick trip to NYC for business. I found this hotel while surfing the internet.Great accomodations, very friendly and helpful staff! Breakfast was good. In addition to free airport shuttle they also provide a shuttle to subway. Staff was very knowledgeable about NYC transit.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear CarlaStraveller,
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am very happy to hear that your enjoyed your stay and found our property comfortable and convenient. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back next time your travels bring you in New York.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Elmhurst
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
SpringHill Suites New York LaGuardia Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS LaGuardia Airport Hotel Queens
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St

Been to Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!