“Ok..not great”

Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a flight delay and late night check in, room great for a ,business traveler , air conditioner unit old, no on site restaurant, breakfast buffet was ok..first to see eggs warmed up in a microwave bag but turned out good, close to LGA -drivers need to be friendlier--overall would return and recommend to others

• Stayed: July 2013
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear zipjack2,
Thank you for you review and allow me to apologize from what i seem to recognize as an inconvenience. We thank you for you support and we do look forward to seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My reaction to this Hampton Inn was very mixed. The 5th floor room itself was quiet, comfortable and clean. It was nicely air cooled for 90 degree weather, but the bed itself was too soft and lumpy. The mattress should be replaced. The lobby and breakfast area had air conditioning problems and were unpleasantly warm and sticky, again in 90 degree temps. The breakfast was below standard compared to the many other Hampton Inns that I've experienced. The food stations were very crowded together, there was only one toaster, food was replenished but not quickly enough for the surge of guests, and I saw no fresh fruit. These included breakfasts are rarely very good, but this one was really below even that low standard. Also, we had a very difficult time finding the hotel, as we were coming from an area of Queens near JFK, not from LGA, and in the dark. Streets did not go through, and there were no signs. If I were to seek a hotel near LGA again, I would probably try a different one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear betty485,
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback very much as it helps us identity the areas you experienced an issue and fix it. As we are always looking for new ways to improve. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience as we are looking into this.
We do hope you can give us a second chance to make this right.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

As with other travelers, we only ended up here because of a cancelled flight. I actually booked the flight from the airport based on what I read here and hope that other people can make use of this information.

First of all, you're better off staying at the sister hotel next door (Plaza) as it has the restaurant and bar.

Secondly, as others have mentioned, the walls are paper thin. Really doesn't help when you're trying to sleep because you need to catch the shuttle early in the morning.

Speaking of shuttles, thirdly, this place seems to have the fewest shuttles to/from the airport. And you definitely have to call them to pick you up regardless of what the "Welcome" people at the airport say. Also, the 5AM shuttle we took was full to overflowing and had to leave people behind. Again, not helpful when trying to catch an early flight.

Last, but not least, when you mention to the front desk that you didn't get your 4:30AM wakeup call, this is now what you expect to hear: "well that wasn't us, someone else was working last night." (they had completely forgotten to write it down at all)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jedidja
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Jedidja,
First allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced at your recent stay at the hotel. We value your feedback very much and all your comments are being taken into considerations. As we look into this, please feel free to reach out to me directly should you feel that you need to discus this further or if I can assist in any way at all.
We take pride in our staff as they truly do a fantastic job every day, this comment comes to my surprise and again please accept my apologies.
We thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback.

suela.kacani@yahoo.com

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked the hotel through Hot Wire at a good price. Would only stay here for convenience. It was loud at night but clean. Very close to airport for those early am flights. The hotel did offer free breakfast.

Room Tip: Only handicap rooms were available double check the room type and stay on a higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear MeAndMr,
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I admit I only stayed here because my flight got cancelled and rebooked for the following day, but was quite happy with the accommodations. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and well-appointed. For computers, only cable in rooms, for WiFi have to use lobby. (When I traveled with an old, non-WiFi capable laptop, I preferred this; now have an iPad and want WiFi.) Free breakfast is not fancy, but is good. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Kevin P,
Thank you for your wonderful review. Our location, our staff , the complimentary shuttle service and breakfast are some of the highlights of our property along with clean, comfortable sleeping accommodations and relaxed common areas where our guests will find complimentary fruits, coffee and tea throughout the day,
I am very happy to let you know that effective August 2013 our guests will be able to access free Wi-Fi and enjoy in the comfort of their own room.

suela.kacani@yahoo.com

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I went to this hotel because of the Compact Collectors Convention. My first problem was with the beds. They were so high off the floor that I was scared of falling if I got up in the middle of the night. There were a number of members of our group who walked with canes. I could see that this would be a problem for them, too.
Secondly, the bed was much too soft. I ended up sleeping on the floor so that my back wouldn't go into spasm. Paying $140 + dollars to sleep on the floor is outrageous.
The third problem was as I was checking out. I went to use the rest room on the main floor. The floor had just been cleaned and it was still wet. There was no sign to warn anyone of this. I was wearing sneakers. Sneakers and a wet floor are a dangerous combination. I warned the next person walking in and then complained at the desk. They apologized. I was lucky I didn't slip and fall.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Evy M,
I am sorry to see that you did not get a comfortable sleep the night that you stayed at the Hampton Inn LGA. Should you feel that you need to discuss this further please fee free to contact me directly.
Please do accept my apologies in not having a caution sign on time when the floor was being cleaned. As I am looking into this, I do hope you give us a second chance so we can make it right.
If you need any further assistance, I can be reach by email at: suela.kacani@hilton.com

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great place to have a convention for a small group. Food service was very good and nicely presented. Very nice breakfast area and nice to have the coffee buffet. Ice Machine worked on my floor but the drinks were sold out.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Pat B,
Thank you for a PERFECT 5 review. We value your feedback and thank you for sharing yours with our future guests. We look forward to serving you again next time you are in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Elmhurst
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport

Been to Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!